Recalled/Assigned: Kulak called up!

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
I understood that it's not the individual defining himself but how other individuals within the governing authority are imposing their definition of the individual upon him and penalizing him for not living up to it. Is that not artificial enough for you?
What if the individual is a serial killer seeking his/her full potential? Should we stop it per our construct of law/government intervene? You are seeking truth and that more than a dicey prospect on a hockey board.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
What if the individual is a serial killer seeking his/her full potential? Should we stop it per our construct of law/government intervene? You are seeking truth and that more than a dicey prospect on a hockey board.

This has nothing to do. You're really reading too much into a very general statement.

Let's go back to hockey, shall we? We'll leave this for the philosophy forum, assuming it exists.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
This has nothing to do. You're really reading too much into a very general statement.

Let's go back to hockey, shall we? We'll leave this for the philosophy forum, assuming it exists.
You bet Kulak...

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
I’m thinking career. I would love to package him right now for a Veteran D-man. He might not even be good enough to be on our team in a couple of seasons if we develop and draft well.
I just get the impression that he’s not playing up to his strengths. He’s super fast but not a big shot. He rarely pinches in though. He seems more concerned with his own end.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
If it works out, great. But the thought of putting a guy they acquired in an ahl trade on the top pair really makes me sad because that means we’re in sad shape.
Of course, we would all like Weber to play with a Ekman-Larsson but if Kulak is a better match than Mete or Reilly, thats already it...

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Xxxxx-Weber
Kulak-Petry
Reilly-Juulsen

Mete + 1st + any prospect not named Suzuki or Poehling

For

1st pairing LD partner for Weber

Wouldn't be against it. I'd also add that on top of Suzuki and Poehling, I'd add Brook as an untouchable prospect.

Though I'd also be okay with Mete being sent to Laval and keeping that 1st round pick.

Reactions: CoopersFalls

pl4tinum

Feb 21, 2012
Personally I think Juulsen and Reilly are both really good. Reilly even more so. I can't believe they are healthy scratching the guy. He makes the right play and has great puck patience, which is incredibly underrated in a defenseman. Kulak looked good in his first game. Petry is solid. Benn is fine as a 3rd pairing dman. The rest of these guys don't belong in the league (Schlemko, Ouellet, etc). I sure hope they're just showcasing Schlemko because that dude has no business being out there.

Garnet76

Dec 3, 2017
Chatham Ontario
At the start of the year the defence was holding it's own and some nights playing very well. Moving the puck quickly out of the zone. Now with some vets getting healthy and alzner in the line up it's become an unorganized mess in their own end. They are back to the d to d passing and a very slow exit out of their end. This allows the other team to tighten up the neutral zone and forces the habs to eventually dump the puck in and chase. The problem is they dont habs the size to play along the boards. Frustrating to watch for me.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Xxxxx-Weber
Kulak-Petry
Reilly-Juulsen

Mete + 1st + any prospect not named Suzuki or Poehling

For

1st pairing LD partner for Weber

The best way to acquire a top pairing d would have been to have gotten Skinner, Perron, Duclair, Sheary this summer when they were available for next to nothing. That would have given us the depth of assets at forward to acquire a dman. But our GM couldn't do that, because it's more important to make sure there's enough ice time for Peca, Deslauriers, Plekanec, Hudon, Armia, and Shaw than to get the assets needed to acquire a top 4 d????

There were no top 4 d available at a reasonable price this summer. The talent was on the wing. It was clear as day to me that you stack up on talent on the wing and then during the season make a trade with a team that's good defensively but struggling to score. Or, a team like the Oilers may be willing to give futures for good wingers that you then ship for that top 4 d.

Locks

May 28, 2005
Kulak was head and shoulders above Alzner and Schlemko. In fact he even came to their rescue when they were in trouble, showing both good mobility and solid defensive read in the process. Schlemko was going to be beat to the outside for the third time this game - first two he took penalties. We'll see if Kulak can play at this level consistently but the tools are there. The defence might be much improved with the imminent return of Weber and if Kulak can continue playing like he did yesterday. And Juulsen should not be out longer than a few weeks since there was no surgery needed.

I understand they are trying to boost Alzner/Schlemko's asset value to move them but at one point they might cut their loses in case of Schlemko while Alzner can only go to Laval unless they take another contract back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad