Recalled/Assigned: Kulak called up!

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Give the guy a shot............our Dmen have struggled, big time. MB being MB...

Amazing how we all said all our GM was doing over and over, picking too many of the same type of bottom pair Dmen, and now with 5-6 of them on the roster, we have to give another one a shot...............tell me why our clown GM hasn't been fired yet??

Reactions: Tyson

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I’m thinking career. I would love to package him right now for a Veteran D-man. He might not even be good enough to be on our team in a couple of seasons if we develop and draft well.

hmmm. I haven't been watching recently, but I always liked his speed and gusto.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
He won’t produce at the NHL level. He’s fast but that’s it.

But can he be a good puck moving defenseman that can get the puck to the forwards quickly and also defend. Don't need points to be a top 4 dman, just good speed, mobility, puck movement, and the ability to defend.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
But can he be a good puck moving defenseman that can get the puck to the forwards quickly and also defend. Don't need points to be a top 4 dman, just good speed, mobility, puck movement, and the ability to defend.
He could never be a top 4D on a real contender. Juulsen on the other hand is the perfect #3-4 defenseman.

Reactions: Zorba

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Maybe Alzner's "Pickle Jar Syndrome" has been recognized as career threatening and we can shelve him. :laugh:

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
What don't you like about his game and see as not being able to be improved upon, aside from lack of offense?
His shot is weak, he’s small and plays a small game, his offensive instinct is limited. He’s an average defender, gets outmuscled. He’s very fast though and can make some good passes.

I would rather we upgrade on Mete.
Juulsen is a core player. We will see if Reilly can flourish with Weber.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
What don't you like about his game and see as not being able to be improved upon, aside from lack of offense?
He's getting overmatched physically in the corners quite a lot this year, a lot of lost battles. But he's only 20 years old so I guess he'll get stronger with time...

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Surprising considering Weber's return is being announced 2 hours earlier.
Not surprising considering how guys like Ouellet, Schlemko or Alzner are playing.

I was expecting some action between now and Tuesday but not a called up.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Hope Kulak doesn't read these boards because he would quickly see how fast most fans go from he's better than xxx and good call-up and he could be a #4 to what a bum, this guy can't skate or pass and he sucks, trade him or get rid of him etc...

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
They probably want to see what they have in Kulak before Weber gets back so that they can decide what to do with all those D going forward. He will probably play tomorrow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad