Player Discussion: Kristian Vesalainen

Status
Not open for further replies.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
Tanev has as many goals as Wheeler. Tanev has also drawn a number of penalties. You are way too hard on him.
I dont think I am hard enough. I do not like low IQ players. Tanev is fine on the 4th line, but he thinks the game like a chipmunk. his speed and tenacity afford him a few goals, but he has 0 upside. Tanev plays 3 minutes more per game than Perreault for f***s sake

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I dont think I am hard enough. I do not like low IQ players. Tanev is fine on the 4th line, but he thinks the game like a chipmunk. his speed and tenacity afford him a few goals, but he has 0 upside. Tanev plays 3 minutes more per game than Perreault for ****s sake
We are getting off topic but how many goals does Perrault have? He has even more of a muffin shot than Tanev. He is also getting paid 1/5 the cost of Perrault. I don't know what Perrault is still doin on the powerplay over Rosie.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
We are getting off topic but how many goals does Perrault have? He has even more of a muffin shot than Tanev. He is also getting paid 1/5 the cost of Perrault. I don't know what Perrault is still doin on the powerplay over Rosie.
Perreault is a better 5v5 scorer than pretty much everyone on the team. Tanev might be better than Arturs Kulda

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
scorer is used for scoring points. look at scoring rates. why is perreault the first guy that goes up lines? why is it never Tanev?
Because Tanev should never play in top 6. He is also a 1/5 the price.
So how many points does Perrault have this season?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Perreault is a better 5v5 scorer than pretty much everyone on the team. Tanev might be better than Arturs Kulda
I like Perreault, but that's an exaggeration, at least over the past season and a quarter.

2017/18 and 2018/19 - 5v5 points / 60

Tanev 1.35
Perreault 1.50

xGF / 60, not much different.

Perreault has played with more offensively productive linemates than Tanev.

Reactions: probablywrongbut

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
I like Perreault, but that's an exaggeration, at least over the past season and a quarter.

Tanev 1.35
Perreault 1.50

Perreault gets shuffled around like an unwanted foster child. The fact that Perreault has been as good as he has with the PoMo f*** you treatment...

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
ok, you go ahead and believe Tanev is a better player than Perreault. Ignore Perreaults career of significantly out playing his usage.
Tanev is better for his price. Than Perrault is for his price. If you ignored financial factors yes Perrault is better. Tanev has been fine for what he is. Perrault will cost us to take his contract off our hands. Perrault has had a good career. We just held onto him for too long.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
Tanev is better for his price. Than Perrault is for his price. If you ignored financial factors yes Perrault is better. Tanev has been fine for what he is. Perrault will cost us to take his contract off our hands. Perrault has had a good career. We just held onto him for too long.
when was i talking about finances?

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com

Tanev 1.35
Perreault 1.50

Now to get rid of that “more productive linemates” do rel TM xGF/60... or, since were on the topic of power play a bit earlier PP rel TM GF or xGF per 60.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Now to get rid of that “more productive linemates” do rel TM xGF/60... or, since were on the topic of power play a bit earlier PP rel TM GF or xGF per 60.
Perreault's most common linemates last year and this were Little and Ehlers, followed by Roslovic. If you've done the math, I'd be happy to see it.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Perreault's most common linemates last year and this were Little and Ehlers, followed by Roslovic. If you've done the math, I'd be happy to see it.

Perreault ranks 3rd over those two seasons, behind Scheifele and Ehlers, in terms of positively impacting their linemates xGF (looking at WOWYs of all his linemates combined, weighted by icetime). Tanev ranks 14th. Vesalainen is unranked as he’s below 50 mins of 5v5 TOI.

In case anyone is curious, if you include defensive impact, both Perreault and Tanev rise two ranks. So, I’d say that even if they were equal scoring talents (which I do not believe them to be, Perreault scoring 1.7 p/60 as a Jet vs Tanev’s 1.1) Perreault gives value elsewhere.

Ironically to the power play situation, Perreault ranks 1st in rel TM xGF AND! GF per hour... which means the players he play with do better with him by a greater amount than anyone else has on their linemates... of course PP, unlike EV, is increasingly more role and systems driven.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Perreault ranks 3rd over those two seasons, behind Scheifele and Ehlers, in terms of positively impacting their linemates xGF (looking at WOWYs of all his linemates combined, weighted by icetime). Tanev ranks 14th. Vesalainen is unranked as he’s below 50 mins of 5v5 TOI.

In case anyone is curious, if you include defensive impact, both Perreault and Tanev rise two ranks. So, I’d say that even if they were equal scoring talents (which I do not believe them to be, Perreault scoring 1.7 p/60 as a Jet vs Tanev’s 1.1) Perreault gives value elsewhere.

Ironically to the power play situation, Perreault ranks 1st in rel TM xGF AND! GF per hour... which means the players he play with do better with him by a greater amount than anyone else has on their linemates... of course PP, unlike EV, is increasingly more role and systems driven.
Hopefully that means he brings back something in a trade as 4th line might be suitable for Ves but not for a guy earning 5.3 mil.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
Hopefully that means he brings back something in a trade as 4th line might be suitable for Ves but not for a guy earning 5.3 mil.
A person might say wtf is he playing on the fourth line. He's being paid if you like it or not right now. Do garret's posts help?

I am fascinated anyone is trying to make a case for Tanev over Perreault.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad