Player Discussion: Kristian Vesalainen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
A person might say wtf is he playing on the fourth line. He's being paid if you like it or not right now. Do garret's posts help?

I am fascinated anyone is trying to make a case for Tanev over Perreault.
Garrett's post help a lot more than yours. Far less aggressive fight with anyone who disagrees.

Last edited by a moderator:

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
Garrett's post help a lot more than yours. Far less aggressive fight with anyone who disagrees.
We are fighting? That's news to me.

You are posting opinions in a public forum. Me disagreeing isn't being aggressive. Why do you post your opinion?.

Garret's livelihood is tied to the information he provides. I have no incentive to go dig up analytics for you to understand things. That's your job. You didn't ask any questions. The fact I took the time to have a discussion isn't worth anything I guess?

Reactions: Huffer

TheGovernment

Jan 13, 2012
At this point, Frenchie is for sure who gets dumped in the lineup as a cost cutting measure.
I like him but hes getting paid WAY to much for his role. Tanev on the other hand, is just about right. I can see the argument right now for tanev over frenchie.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
At this point, Frenchie is for sure who gets dumped in the lineup as a cost cutting measure.
I like him but hes getting paid WAY to much for his role. Tanev on the other hand, is just about right. I can see the argument right now for tanev over frenchie.
True. Though Tanev will likely want a raise next year as a UFA, and a 20+ pt season will mean he might cost himself out of a lineup spot too.

Vesalainen, Appleton and Roslovic could be less expensive options to Jets, in a year where Laine and Connor will receive big raises.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Honestly, it pains me, but I’d move both.

Perreault is underrated and heavily underutilized by the Jets. He likely provides higher utility in his return than his current usage.

Tanev is really bad when he’s not specifically and uniquely with Copp and Lowry, and those two seem equally good with and without him. This means Tanev should only be on the roster if those three are together. An injury to Copp or Lowry, or Copp being used on another line, and Tanev becomes more harm than benefit. That extremely limited utility plus a likely raise means the Jets should move on.

Add these things with Vesalainen being a year older and better, and how Petan, Appleton, and Dano have all shown themselves to be capable NHL players (although Appleton’s sample is smaller and all 3 have been significantly inferior to Perreault in performance) I’d likely suggest the Jets move on from both.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Honestly, it pains me, but I’d move both.

Perreault is underrated and heavily underutilized by the Jets. He likely provides higher utility in his return than his current usage.

Tanev is really bad when he’s not specifically and uniquely with Copp and Lowry, and those two seem equally good with and without him. This means Tanev should only be on the roster if those three are together. An injury to Copp or Lowry, or Copp being used on another line, and Tanev becomes more harm than benefit. That extremely limited utility plus a likely raise means the Jets should move on.

Add these things with Vesalainen being a year older and better, and how Petan, Appleton, and Dano have all shown themselves to be capable NHL players (although Appleton’s sample is smaller and all 3 have been significantly inferior to Perreault in performance) I’d likely suggest the Jets move on from both.
What moving Perreault does is create the opportunity to retain Connor, Trouba and Laine long term. Otherwise, there's no rational reason to move him. If they keep Perreault at $4.1M, they wouldn't have the cap space for one of those big 3 RFAs. Of course, if the bridge Connor or trade Trouba, they might have space for Perreault. But I wouldn't do either of those things solely to retain Perreault.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
A person might say wtf is he playing on the fourth line. He's being paid if you like it or not right now. Do garret's posts help?

I am fascinated anyone is trying to make a case for Tanev over Perreault.

But Tanev scores points on a shutdown line at a fraction of the cost of Perreault.

Reactions: Razzle71

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Honestly, looking at this shit league I'm starting to turn on his decision to leave to KHL too. The level of refereeing is ridiculous and honestly the level of his team and team mates is garbage too. At least in the AHL he'd learn the NA game and the team environment.

Screw the KHL. What a terrible place.

Reactions: JetsFan815

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Best thing to happen to Mason for sure and he looks great
Agreed. Don't see any reason he doesn't stick as a regular. The Jets seemed to have done a bit of an audition for the 12th roster spot and Appleton is the winner so far. IMO at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad