Injury Report: Kreider with a bone chip in ankle (2/5: Full contact practice)

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
So, definitely a no go against Philly IMO. Pitt might be too soon. Next Saturday against Tampa could be the return date? Next Tuesday against the Devils? From what I've read, if it was big, it would require surgery. So, would a week be about the timeframe for this? I hope he isn't out for too long. He is an important part to the team, slow start or not.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
I'd say 10-15 days, but I have no idea the severity or how long he's been skating on it so how much he's aggravated the ligaments in his ankle.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Now with bone chips depending on severity, could it be ground down or is that not a possibility? And ligament damages? Etc.? I wish we had better info. I freakin hope he's okay soon. I miss it.

BrooklynKreider20

ForTheBoys
Jul 27, 2012
Adam Rotter reports that Chris Kreider has been playing with this bone chip for weeks. Original injury sustained in an AHL game on January 5th. Thought to be a bone bruise but lack of improvement in the feeling of his foot, was sent for an MRI, which revealed the chip. Also, he adds, could be back as early as Saturday, latest Tuesday! :handclap:

Giglio NYR15

Section 417
Jun 1, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Adam Rotter reports that Chris Kreider has been playing with this bone chip for weeks. Original injury sustained in an AHL game on January 5th. Thought to be a bone bruise but lack of improvement in the feeling of his foot, was sent for an MRI, which revealed the chip. Also, he adds, could be back as early as Saturday, latest Tuesday! :handclap:

I didnt see the last part about when he could come back.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Hopefully he'll be ready to contribute when he returns. The team sure needs it and Rangers fans psyche sure needs it

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
the good news is that kreider's poor play was because of this injury. When he comes back he will be 100% and i think he wants to prove he belongs

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Sounds exactly like I had stated when talking about this kind of injury. Hopefully when he comes back at 100% he'll have a little more pep in his step and a new perspective to get him digging deeper.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
the good news is that kreider's poor play was because of this injury. When he comes back he will be 100% and i think he wants to prove he belongs

That's not necessarily true. We can hope it is; I certainly hope it was part of it, but if it was sustained Jan. 5th in the AHL it doesn't really explain why he struggled there as well. However, he's not the kind of guy who creates his own offense and the Whale are pretty bad. I think he needs to play with Stepan/Richards no matter what if we expect him to contribute. If we want to play him on the third line, we might as well just play Ferriero there.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Yeah, when skating is one of your biggest assets it's hard to perform with a cracked ankle.

Except that's not what it is. The chip likely didn't even originate from the ankle bone but from the foot. Either way, I'm sure the discomfort was keeping him from being his most agile or having his usual jump. As stated and as evidenced by the fact that he had been playing on it since the 5th, it is an easy injury to play with. It's just that unlike a bruise it won't subside until you rest it.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Well if he hurt it January 5th as reported he still had only a goal and an assist in the 17 previous games.

Apr 10, 2012
we need him back. cally's too far off to worry about. this kid needs to add some jump to our roster. tonight was a joke. any time we add speed we succeed

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
we need him back. cally's too far off to worry about. this kid needs to add some jump to our roster. tonight was a joke. any time we add speed we succeed
exactly. im not writing him off after 3 games on a bad wheel. we need speed because outside of nash/gabby/hagelin/and kreider we dont have any speed. i mean stepan is just as slow as rupp lol

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
Imagine how great it would be if he came back and we got the Kreider we saw in last years playoffs?

And then Cally comes back with fire under him, and the two of them on the forecheck opens up time and space for Stepan to make some good plays.

That'd be really nice.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
krieder's poor production in the ahl was attributed, at least partly, to him being forced to do/learn some new things, i read.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
bone chips are not fun at all. I had that similar injury playing basketball in high school and stupidly i tried to play through it and i went from being a quick point guard to very slow because of the pain and discomfort. Kreiders main asset is his speed and you can tell that the injury slowed him down a lot. Look Im not trying to make excuses for krieder but i've noticed some people start to bash our top prospect because of 3 bad games playing through an injury. Also the AHL thing really blew up. yes he wasnt scoring 20 goals like most expected but i watched some of those games and i could tell he was trying to concentrate on other parts of his game so i didnt think it was a big deal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad