Injury Report: Kreider with a bone chip in ankle (2/5: Full contact practice)

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Poor timing for him. Could have something to do with his play, he didn't seem to have the jets going.

Hopefully he gets another shot with the Rangers when healthy before being sent back to the Whale.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Interesting.

Wonder when it happened. Nonetheless, provides a nice excuse for his poor play.
I dont think its an excuse its an injury. I mean kreider hurt himself before the lockout ended and was in a walking boot i believe before training camp started. Hopefully he gets healthy and comes back because i still believe he is gonna be a good player for us

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
also kreider hurt his jaw with that orpik hit so that explains why he looked sluggish vs the bruins

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
I've had this injury during my hockey career in college twice. It's painful. It didn't effect me massively on the ice, but it's not fun. No idea the severity of mine compared to Kreider's and I'm sure when you're talking about something as nondescript as a "chip" it can vary greatly, but I imagine at this level, if it's something he's been playing with rather than something he just sustained very recently that it could have an impact on his game.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
I had forgotten about that. Lends some credence the story.
Yeah thats why i didnt know if kreider was gonna start with the NYR at the beginning because he injured himself. I like the toughness but id rather him get 100% healthy and then he will come bcak up and do well IMO

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
He blocked a shot in the Pittsburgh or Boston game at the Garden. Apparently Kreider suffered the injury in CT.

#NYR say Kreider with a bone chip in his ankle. Happened a while ago, and he'll be off the ice for a couple days

https://twitter.com/BrettCyrgalis/status/295195377286656001

Did he re-injure the foot blocking the shot this week?

BTW,what happened to Larry Brooks? Brooks wasn't at the Rangers skates two weeks ago. Last week,he didn't cover all of the Rangers camp. He covered the first game in Boston and hasn't been seen again.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
I figured he was sent down, well this could of affected his play for sure.

I wont be surprised if he comes back into the lineup but I wont be surprised if he is sent down to get some games in.

Good to see Asham back and this Ferriero kid has wheels apparently so maybe pair him with Hagelin? Pyatt likely will be awarded with 2nd line minutes

Punxrocknyc19*

He blocked a shot in the Pittsburgh or Boston game at the Garden. Apparently Kreider suffered the injury in CT.

BTW,what happened to Larry Brooks? Brooks wasn't at the Rangers skates two weeks ago. Last week,he didn't cover all of the Rangers camp. He covered the first game in Boston and hasn't been seen again.

maybe Torts finally beat him up at the bus stop :laugh:

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Brooksy just had another grandkid a few weeks ago. He might've taken some vacation time to spend it with the family.

Good opportunity for Kreider to watch and learn, take notes. Obviously the still want him up for a reason or he'd be sent down.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Not sure if his poor play resulted from this injury or if this is an "injury" resulting from his poor play.

Hope it's the former.

SupersonicMonkey*

Give me a break. Theyre not going to invent an injury.

member 116805

Sounds like a cover up to me. If this happend "a while ago" he wouldnt have been playing

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Give me a break. Theyre not going to invent an injury.
I agree its amazing the stuff some people come up with. kreider was injured before the lockout officially ended. he was in a walking boot actually. Should he have played until it was fixed? Probably not but i admire the toughness and i understand that Kreider want to be in the NHL. Hopefully this gets fixed and he comes back at 100%

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle

Brooks is ill. Thy mentioned something on the radio the other day (prior to the Bruins game #2). They said something about getting well soon.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad