Injury Report: Kreider with a bone chip in ankle (2/5: Full contact practice)

Boom Boom Geoffrion*

Sounds like a cover up to me. If this happend "a while ago" he wouldnt have been playing

What foolish thinking..

"A cover up"

I can see it now. Torts and Sather, sitting at opposite ends of a 44 foot executive table trying to find a valid excuse to justify Kreider's struggles.

"Let's say he chipped a bone so the fanbase can blame the injury for his poor play instead of thinking he's already a bust"

Do you guys think before posting nonsense like this? Is everything really a conspiracy?

:dunce:

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
What foolish thinking..

"A cover up"

I can see it now. Torts and Sather, sitting at opposite ends of a 44 foot executive table trying to find a valid excuse to justify Kreider's struggles.

"Let's say he chipped a bone so the fanbase can blame the injury for his poor play instead of thinking he's already a bust"

Do you guys think before posting nonsense like this? Is everything really a conspiracy?

:dunce:
I am afraid it is. Except in just this instance:p:

Balej20

Jan 4, 2013
Brooksy just had another grandkid a few weeks ago. He might've taken some vacation time to spend it with the family.

Good opportunity for Kreider to watch and learn, take notes. Obviously the still want him up for a reason or he'd be sent down.

He's not going to learn much from watching the way this team is playing right now.

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
A cover up? :facepalm: that's absolutely rediculous, like the organization is going to make up an injury to appease all the fans and posters here who are crucifying this kid for playing like **** and looking out of place. If he's injured he's injured and it does explain to an extent why he's played the way he has, his explosive skating and top speed are a HUGE part of his game without it he's not himself. Regardless i think a couple games off to sit out, heal up and watch the team play can't hurt at all and I look forward to watching him play healthy in a few games.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Depending on the size of the chip it may not require surgery. My bone chip in my ankle I asked my doctor if they'd need to remove it and he said that it would just grind itself to dust over time and wasn't worth surgery unless it caused more discomfort down the road before disappearing.

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
sounds like a cover up to me. If this happend "a while ago" he wouldnt have been playing

836904-uiioopl_super.jpg

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Depending on the size of the chip it may not require surgery. My bone chip in my ankle I asked my doctor if they'd need to remove it and he said that it would just grind itself to dust over time and wasn't worth surgery unless it caused more discomfort down the road before disappearing.

Just like my hopes, my dreams & aspirations. :(

member 116805

Haha, if you guys believe this team (or any team for that matter) wouldnt want to "excuse" the failure of its golden boy and top prospect after being horrible both in CT and with the mother club that is fine but a little naive.
Playing through injury? Lol

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
Haha, if you guys believe this team (or any team for that matter) wouldnt want to "excuse" the failure of its golden boy and top prospect after being horrible both in CT and with the mother club that is fine but a little naive.
Playing through injury? Lol

why would the organization care about what you, or any other fan thinks about Kreiders play thus far this season to make up an injury to cover it up? that statements just rediculous...the teams trainers and doctors job isnt to make **** up to appease the fan base

member 116805

why would the organization care about what you, or any other fan thinks about Kreiders play thus far this season to make up an injury to cover it up? that statements just rediculous...the teams trainers and doctors job isnt to make **** up to appease the fan base

Im pretty sure it cares about loosing face? Kreider was supposed to be a home run, he has shown not to be

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
Im pretty sure it cares about loosing face? Kreider was supposed to be a home run, he has shown not to be

Yes, because the first thing the organization thinks about when a prospect struggles is how to spin it to the HFboards crowd. It's just like that time during Del Zotto's awful sophomore season when they pretended he'd been eaten by a crocodile.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

Actually, no he hasn't shown not to be. He hasn't shown to be either. He's played 4 regular season games in the NHL. Nothing has been proved or disproved in that time. Even if the Rangers cared about saving face, which they pretty obviously don't, there would be nothing to save face from here.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Yes, because the first thing the organization thinks about when a prospect struggles is how to spin it to the HFboards crowd. It's just like that time during Del Zotto's awful sophomore season when they pretended he'd been eaten by a crocodile.

I thought he actually did get eaten by a crocodile, but he fought his way out and that's why he's so good now.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
And they made him walk around in a boot the weekend before camp opened just for the hell of it.

"Hey Chris, we know you're going to suck, so can you just spend the weekend in this boot? Thanks!"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad