Kraken News

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
I have a friend that lives in the tri city area with charter cable service. How would he go about watching the Kraken games? Everytime he attempts to watch them on ROOT it shows basketball.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
I have a friend that lives in the tri city area with charter cable service. How would he go about watching the Kraken games? Everytime he attempts to watch them on ROOT it shows basketball.
Some of the Root areas are for like an eastern Wa feed and it really sucks. The changed some of those this season but not all of them.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Maximum respect for a billionaire heiress who marries a school teacher.
I understand the article, and congrats to Samantha, but the word ascends is not quite appropriate here i.m.o. Especially since it's accompanied with joins her billionaire father.

Sure she sold two tech companies to get there, but I would love to have more context and history on how much help she got from her dad financially.

People like Chayka, Lukan, etc., work hard and ascend.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
I understand the article, and congrats to Samantha, but the word ascends is not quite appropriate here i.m.o. Especially since it's accompanied with joins her billionaire father.

Sure she sold two tech companies to get there, but I would love to have more context and history on how much help she got from her dad financially.

People like Chayka, Lukan, etc., work hard and ascend.

100%. Either way, the Kraken have become a family team.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
The next outdoor game might be in Seattle with the Kraken playing the Golden Knights.

1) Nice thing for Seattle, if true.

2) The NHL tries really hard to force feed a Kraken/Golden Knights rivalry, IMO.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Who does Tolvanen play with? A bit surprised of his minutes.

Not playing him on special teams would be a mistake.

Last edited:

Baszie

Apr 29, 2021
So did they move Tanev to the 4th? I swear I saw Eeli with Donato on a couple of occasions. But I also saw him with Gourde.
Yes, they started with Tanev on the 4th. With defending a lead Donato and Sprong didn’t get much icetime late in the game.

tank44

Feb 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
T-Mobile Park(Mariners)

Isn't there a roof just in case it rains?

Yes T-Mobile park is the baseball stadium which has a retractable roof. If it's sunny it should be open, if it's raining it will be closed. There are two other football stadiums which are larger and could have been used but no roof. Lumen Field (Seahawks) likely wouldn't have worked either since it would have taken over the stadium for weeks and impact the NFL Seahawks; hence why most Winter Classics are at MLB & college football stadiums. The first few that were played at NFL stadiums, the NFL season ended on New Years weekend previously but now it runs 1-2 weeks later.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Yes T-Mobile park is the baseball stadium which has a retractable roof. If it's sunny it should be open, if it's raining it will be closed. There are two other football stadiums which are larger and could have been used but no roof. Lumen Field (Seahawks) likely wouldn't have worked either since it would have taken over the stadium for weeks and impact the NFL Seahawks; hence why most Winter Classics are at MLB & college football stadiums. The first few that were played at NFL stadiums, the NFL season ended on New Years weekend previously but now it runs 1-2 weeks later.
T-Mobile park held a winter fest before COVID which had a rink. Guessing it holds up pretty well. CenturyLink was a no go with Seahawks and now xfl playing.

Husky stadium could have been interesting though with the lake backdrop.

I see people on the main thread complaining it's not against Vancouver. I guess it might have made some sense if Canadians drove down for it but so far we don't seem to have much of a rivalry with them.

tank44

Feb 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
I see people on the main thread complaining it's not against Vancouver. I guess it might have made some sense if Canadians drove down for it but so far we don't seem to have much of a rivalry with them.
When Vancouver had their "outdoor" game it was inside the 60K seat stadium with roof closed, so more so just a stadium series game, so I could see the Canucks fans wanting a true outdoor game. Canada has the Heritiage classic which usually is between 2 Canadian teams and Vancouver's was against Ottawa. Maybe they can be the away team next time against Calgary but away against Seattle makes sense for Seattle's NEXT opportunity in 5-10 years.

Also, I think more people expected more people from Canada to come down for Kraken games aside from when their team plays but there are a few reasons... 1) Covid 2) Recession 3) high ticket costs in Seattle. I know family in Vancouver were excited for opportunity to see NHL hockey for potential $30 tickets which isn't the case unless it's last minute mid-week.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa

Not really a shock. Roots a pain to watch if you don't have cable. No fire stick app either and fubo tv is pricey.

Most sounders games were on q13 or fs1, same with Seahawks. Mariners were the mariners.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad