Kraken News

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
According to Pierre Lebrun Kraken CEO Tod Leiweke expects season tickets(which are capped at 15,000) to be sold out by February.

The Kraken have also kept on paying their installment payments and should've paid the full $650 mil by March.
At that point the team can start signing(free agents, college and european players) and trading for players, while also joing league functions like the BOG or GM Meetings.

tank44

Feb 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
Per many of the FB groups, full season tickets have been sold out for a week or two already. Half season packages are very limited. Below is from Dec15th

I'll cross-post this from another Kraken group:
As of this morning, there are 0 full season ticket available (occasionally some become available as people back out in some way)
There are 444 Red Line half-season tickets (100 upper bowl, 344 lower bowl)
There are 786 Blue Line half-season tickets (276 upper, 510 lower)
The upper tickets are mostly on the bench side (sections 225, 226, 201, 202, 203). And all of the lower bowl tickets are behind the shoot once side (sections 17-24).
Seat selection numbers today are the late 7800s. With ~1200 seats left, and about 2 seats per number, then it seems like ticket will run out in the late 8400s/early 8500s

Reactions: Fisticuffer

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Sounds like Kraken minority owner Andy Jassy is taking over for Jeff Bezos later this year. Bet he won't be a minority owner for long.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Sounds like Kraken minority owner Andy Jassy is taking over for Jeff Bezos later this year. Bet he won't be a minority owner for long.

Bezos has been out of the day to day operation of Amazon for a while now, so it makes sense. He's been all-in on Blue Origin for the past year or two at least.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Dreger speculates here that Rick Tocchet will not re-sign with Arizona, will become a free-agent, will be the most sought after head coach on the market, has ties with Ron Francis, and could be an option with Seattle. Hints that it might be why they haven’t just gone and hired someone like Gallant already.

[/QUOTE]

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Is hiring a coach also tied into the last payment? Now sure of the exact date but just seems like Gallant was hired before Vegas made their final payment and started signing players.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
The final payment to the league will happen within the next couple of days.

“The money has always been in the bank,” said Tim Leiweke, the chief executive of Oak View Group (OVG), which is overseeing the operation and reconstruction of what is now called Climate Pledge Arena, and whose brother, Tod, is president of the team and an owner, along with David Bonderman and Jerry Bruckheimer.

“There’s timing payments with the league and certain hurdles we had to hit,” Leiweke said. “I think the payment will be made in the next couple of days if it hasn’t been made already. That will allow [general manager] Ron [Francis] the freedom to act like he’s a member of the organization and make trades.”

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Hahahahahahahahaha GASP! Hahahahahahaha.

Super punk rock thing to do.. Sue somebody for 3.5 MILLION DOLLARS because they start a restaurant with the same name. If I were a regular at that bar, regardless of my hockey fandom, I'd permanently tell them to stick it. 3.5 MILLION. Give me a break.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

Welcome to the show fellas.

Please take Keith Yandle from us ;)

With how the team and fans have treated Yandle, I hope he tells management to stick it when they ask him to waive his NMC and forces a buyout.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
With how the team and fans have treated Yandle, I hope he tells management to stick it when they ask him to waive his NMC and forces a buyout.
Haha

I'll give you fans.

But the team no way. The only reason he is still playing is because of his streak.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad