Kraken News

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
How the mascot isn't an octopus or some sort of sea creature is just............bizarre.

Maybe he's going to "troll" other team's fan boards.
The Red Wings already use an octopus.

The mascot is laughably terrible, if they wanted to appeal to fans, especially girls, they could've put a mermaid out there, lol. At least it's not as bad as Gritty, you never give a mascot a name that rhymes with shitty.

Reactions: wewantyoursoul

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany

The mascot is laughably terrible, if they wanted to appeal to fans, especially girls, they could've put a mermaid out there, lol. At least it's not as bad as Gritty, you never give a mascot a name that rhymes with shitty.

Gritty's actually going places, doing commercials and what not.

Though, I think this mascot will do fine in doing what it's supposed to be ---> appealing to kids so they want to buy more merchandise.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I don't get the hate behind Buoy.

It is marketable -> Cute and Colorful Plushy
It has been 'sold' as local -> Cousin of the Freemont Troll.

I understand that it is not related to a 'Kraken,' but I always knew the mascot would not be a squid or octopus.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012

I understand that it is not related to a 'Kraken,' but I always knew the mascot would not be a squid or octopus.

nephew of the Fremont Troll.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany

Well, it's hockey and mocking most things Kraken seems to be the "cool thing" since we came in the league.

Overall most don't really get what mascot's are for which is to make kids happy and make them go ---> "mommy/daddy can you buy me that thing the mascot's wearing? pretty please".

Though, if things get out of hand we can always send the AHL mascot to "make folks rethink their position on the NHL mascot". :laugh:

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021

I know the Red Wings have that (which doesn't make a lot of sense for them but I know the story) you could still make it different and make it some sort of mythical sea creature that stays closer to the whole Kraken theme.

If kids like it it's all good, but doesn't work for me. Gritty made more sense than this, and that was pretty out there.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I know the Red Wings have that (which doesn't make a lot of sense for them but I know the story) you could still make it different and make it some sort of mythical sea creature that stays closer to the whole Kraken theme.

If kids like it it's all good, but doesn't work for me. Gritty made more sense than this, and that was pretty out there.
Well maybe we should call him Turquoise Tanev, then it'll make more sense, lol.

Reactions: GrungeHockey

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
Well maybe we should call him Turquoise Tanev, then it'll make more sense, lol.
lol, ya he could almost be a mascot himself couldn't he.

E_-s5aIWEAABvuM.jpg

Reactions: wewantyoursoul

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad