Confirmed with Link: Kosko Resigned - 3 years @4.5 with NTC

Status
Not open for further replies.

subnet

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Nov 6, 2005
PacNW
My god oilers are the worst contract writers ever, he has one good month and boom here’s a three year contract, and there goes our chance at getting winger
My oilers are the worst contract writers ever, he has one good month and boom here’s a three year contract, and there goes our chance at getting winger

My god oilers are the worst contract writers ever, he has one good month and boom here’s a three year contract, and there goes our chance at getting winger

Lol are you sure? :)

Reactions: rickysusedsht

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
The cost isn't going to go up with this group. His numbers have come back to Earth.

And come on, three years? He doesn't even have a full season of NHL hockey under his belt.

This is just stupid.

He was the best goalie in the KHL for like 5 years! I would be surprised if he stayed for less considering what he can make playing overseas.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
When I get a text from my girlfriend who does Buzzfeed quizzes while I have the game on saying, "4.5 million for a mediocre goalie, what are they doing?"

You know you're f***ed. #hiremyGFasOilGM

I want to start a hashtag on Twitter of literally anything that would be better than Chia at GM.

#hiremy___asOilGM

Reactions: Aerrol

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
And if you wait until the end of the season and he gets more proven, the cost goes up. Talbot wasn’t proven either when we shelled out 4.25M for him with a smaller cap.

What are you talking about? Talbot has 2 amazing half seasons in the NHL already in NY. Plus a full season here with .917 (on a horrible team with no D) and was part way thru his 4th season, one which he was one of the best statistical goalies in the NHL behind Bobrovsky

Kosk has played 27 games TOTAL in the NHL, of those games he played really good for like what 10 games?

Ksokinen rode one hot streak to a 13 million dollars. Atleast Talbot had to play 3.5 seasons before he got his pay day

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
....................................Yikes. Overpayment BEFORE HE'S EVEN FINISHED A FULL SEASON HERE! Chia's upping the stakes boys!

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
He was the best goalie in the KHL for like 5 years! I would be surprised if he stayed for less considering what he can make playing overseas.
That means absolutely nothing. He's cooled off considerably since that "Vezina" stretch and now looks like a goalie that hasn't been in the NHL for years.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
31 career NHL games so far, for a 30 year old.

Just imagine how good it's gonna look if he turns into a top 10 goalie when he's only Making top 20 money!!!

Seriously though, in order for this contract to not be an overpayment, Koskinen has to go from a hot and cold goalie with 30 games experience, to a 60+ game a season NHL starter who's at least top 15 stats wise.

How does this make sense at this point in time.. it's not like someone was gonna throw 5x5 at him in the offseason.

Reactions: MikeGrier99

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Chia is trolling us so badly now. Seriously. I like the player but there is no way he has earned a three year commitment at that value. His last 11 appearances have yielded a .879 save percentage.

If this is true, he likely got an NMC as well which would be so hilarious if one of our AHL goalies turned into the real deal over the next two years, but we'd have to let them go to Seattle at expansion because of an NMC on an older goalie who may not even be any good.

What kind of D has he had recently?

If he continues to play well, how much does he make after this year? More than 4.5. Thats for sure

Then we're going to have everybody saying, "FFS CHIA SHOULD HAVE SIGNED HIM EARLIER! WHAT A DOLT!"

I want Chia gone, but I don't hate this one.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
What are you talking about? Talbot has 2 amazing half seasons in the NHL already in NY. Plus a full season here with .917 (on a horrible team with no D) and was part way thru his 4th season, one which he was one of the best statistical goalies in the NHL behind Bobrovsky

Kosk has played 27 games TOTAL in the NHL, of those games he played really good for like what 10 games?

Ksokinen rode one hot streak to a 13 million dollars. Atleast Talbot had to play 3.5 seasons before he got his pay day
Oh good talbot earned his money then became like the worst starter in the league. That made it so much better.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I guess they like him, the money seems weird, the term is sort of fine if he was getting a million less at least.

What's happening? I assume Talbot is gone soon

Raab

Oct 6, 2007

As I’ve already said Koskinen paid his dues overseas. You guys are a funny bunch. Didn’t like the Koskinen signing this summer, then he becomes our starter. He’s signed to a below average starter wage and now everyone is losing their minds. I’d like to know what starters (not on their RFA deals) make less then Koskinen. I bet the list is small.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad