Confirmed with Link: Kosko Resigned - 3 years @4.5 with NTC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
We haven't even established if he's starter material. This has a great probability of backfiring.

And if you wait until the end of the season and he gets more proven, the cost goes up. Talbot wasn’t proven either when we shelled out 4.25M for him with a smaller cap.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Writing is on the wall for Talbot. Trade him quickly before he becomes a distraction. I like Koskinen but this is a gamble.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Chia is trolling us so badly now. Seriously. I like the player but there is no way he has earned a three year commitment at that value. His last 11 appearances have yielded a .879 save percentage.

If this is true, he likely got an NMC as well which would be so hilarious if one of our AHL goalies turned into the real deal over the next two years, but we'd have to let them go to Seattle at expansion because of an NMC on an older goalie who may not even be any good.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Xxy6n4i.gif

Uindicator

Sep 27, 2010
My oilers are the worst contract writers ever, he has one good month and boom here’s a three year contract, and there goes our chance at getting winger

MikeGrier99

May 20, 2017
I don't even entirely hate the signing, but I hate the timing of it. Would rather pay 4.5 if he had proven himself a little further. This is a total gamble by a guy who only cares about holding onto his job.

Uindicator

Sep 27, 2010
My god oilers are the worst contract writers ever, he has one good month and boom here’s a three year contract, and there goes our chance at getting winger

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Hahahahaha 4.5 AND 3 years for a pur back up goalie. Its comical at this point.

Look Pete, I know Kosk is UFA, but literally no GM in the league is going to offer him more than 3 mil. Almost every NHL team has just of good as a back up. Hell, you put a better backup on waivers and lost him to the Jets for nothing

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
And if you wait until the end of the season and he gets more proven, the cost goes up. Talbot wasn’t proven either when we shelled out 4.25M for him with a smaller cap.
The cost isn't going to go up with this group. His numbers have come back to Earth.

And come on, three years? He doesn't even have a full season of NHL hockey under his belt.

This is just stupid.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Hahahahaha 4.5 AND 3 years for a pur back up goalie. Its comical at this point.

Look Pete, I know Kosk is UFA, but literally no GM in the league is going to offer him more than 3 mil. Almost every NHL team has just of good as a back up. Hell, you put a better backup on waivers and lost him to the Jets for nothing
He's our starter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad