Dermott 0.9
XXXX 1.0
XXXX 1.0
XXXX 1.0

Andersen 5.0
Sparks 0.8

Kessel 1.2

Total: $82.3

Marleau aint going anywhere; and neither is Zaitsev. nobody is touching those contracts

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
You don't know that at all. There was way worse ones moved. Out to lunch you are
In Marleau's case he has a NTC so even if we had a taker he would have to be willing to leave. Zaitsev would likely have to have a fairly high draft pick or decent prospect attached to him. Would be amazing if he got claimed in the expansion draft

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
In Marleau's case he has a NTC so even if we had a taker he would have to be willing to leave. Zaitsev would likely have to have a fairly high draft pick or decent prospect attached to him. Would be amazing if he got claimed in the expansion draft
I do believe Zaitsev has to be protected, agreed it will hurt us for Zaitsev. He is moveable though it happens. Marleau is rather proud I think he would wave his NTC. That's my opinion. I think if you asked him properly he would do the right thing. If you walked up and said he your being traded yes or no. It's a no if they are like 12 teams list possible. Again we will see but I believe this route is the least distructive.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Marleau aint going anywhere; and neither is Zaitsev. nobody is touching those contracts

The Leafs have moved worse contracts, and so have other teams.

If worst comes to worst they pair him with a 2nd to entice a buyer, or trade him for a contract that can be bought out with minimal cap implications Fair amount of options if Dubas wants to ditch the contract

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
stoked to see what he can do with our teams, he should be given every opportunity to succeed we have a great developmental team and have enough Russians in the franchise to help with any language barriers/and a comfort level we may get. hopefully that and hard work can help him reach his potential

the one positive about having zatziev is that he is fluent in English and Russian which helps the transition with guys that come over

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
What kind of money will he be making in the AHL Some AHL guys make pretty great money on the Marlies right?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
What kind of money will he be making in the AHL Some AHL guys make pretty great money on the Marlies right?

He'll be on an ELC, so it's be a 2-way deal automatically.

Which means his AHL salary will be like 100K.

Which is great to the average person, but likely a large pay cut to what he was making in Russia.

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
100k only? Some guys make much more than that right? Why would he come over here for a fraction of his KHL salary? Weird. Maybe he was fired in the KHL.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
100k only? Some guys make much more than that right? Why would he come over here for a fraction of his KHL salary? Weird. Maybe he was fired in the KHL.

It’s likely the lure of the NHL. He probably won’t commit to the AHL for long, but will take a pay cut for the chance at the top league in the world, at least for a short while

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
not sure what to make of this since he hasn't really been lighting it up in the K, was overage at the draft and we passed up on guys like debrincat, carter hart and kyrou

:skeptic:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

Guys on 1 way deals make their NHL salary guaranteed. Like Josh Jorris signed a 1 way deal with us IIRC. So he’s making 700K or whatever.

Korshkov is coming over because he wants to play in the NHL, which on his ELC will likely be 900K-975K salary. However when he’s in the AHL, he’s only making around 100K.

So while he’ll be fine with that for part of next season, he won’t want to be in the AHL for very long.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
I'm hoping that both can run up their numbers with players out of the lineup leading up to the end of the season and then have a satisfactory playoff to enhance their trade value heading into the summer. A strong finish would help, the season isn't over yet and their games are still of NHL quality.

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
You have to think Dubas wanted Debrincat, and that Debrincat, was one of the many reasons Hunter was overlooked.

Hawks are my second favourite team, but it looks like its too late for the Hawks to make the playoffs.

Too bad, Dylan Strome has been great with the Hawks. Great to see. Always liked the kid.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
not sure what to make of this since he hasn't really been lighting it up in the K, was overage at the draft and we passed up on guys like debrincat, carter hart and kyrou

:skeptic:
You're comparing a 6'5" power forward to undersized finesse players on the basis of point production, and you wonder why it doesn't make sense?

Korshkov's been compared to a prime Backes since draft day. The idea is that he will hopefully bring a lot more value to the line-up than simply scoring.

I also highly doubt he will play a full season with the Marlies. He did not forego millions of dollars in the KHL to make 100k in a second rate league. There's likely a verbal agreement in place in terms of his role next season, but we'll see.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Hopefully he gets some AHL games in soon, so we can see what hes got. Give him the Kapanen/More treatment.

Start with a ton of defensive zone draws, play a ton of minutes in a shut down type roll, and PK like crazy. If you can build that half of his game to a solid level, he is much more likely to be successful in the NHL with Babs.
A 4th liner who is 6'4, can skate and PK with some upside would be a bug win for us next year, and maybe he developed into a 3W.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Why would any even think Marleau would waive his NTC. He wants to be play for a contender and no other contender wants his 6.25m cap hit either. The only way Marleau is traded is if he decides to retire and then his cap hit can be traded.
And the continued silliness about trading Zaitsev's contract. His contract isn't bad or if it is a just a bit overpriced. Fact it the Leafs have no one that can take his minutes. So he stays. NTCs do not have to protected in the expansion draft for you worriers.
If Marleau stays, the Leafs are about 7m over cap with their RFAs signed. For practicality , and just to make one trade, and the Leafs do have replacementws at wing, Nylander is most logical trade this summer.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
They will need the depth next year. I'd love it if the Leafs sold high on Kapanen and gave Moore a shot at that spot.

Bracco is doing well in the AHL but I doubt he will ever play for the Leafs. Can't imagine Babcock playing a guy who is not that good defensively even if he is good offensively.

Yeh Babcock sure has shown he values defensive, two-way hockey. /s
I hope Bracco is patient because I think he just needs to outlast Babcock.

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Yeh Babcock sure has shown he values defensive, two-way hockey. /s
I hope Bracco is patient because I think he just needs to outlast Babcock.

Bracco u can already sense is going to get the Nylander treatment. Bracco imo deserves a look on the 3rd line wing next year if his top speed keep improving, with Kadri-Moore. Bracco also can play on the 2nd PP. He might be able to elevate Kadri and keep him engaged knowing Bracco has excellent vision.

Imo, Connor Brown has to be moved in the off season. Moore is already more impressive. Far superior skating. Brown's skating imo, is getting exposed especially backpressure.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Bracco u can already sense is going to get the Nylander treatment. Bracco imo deserves a look on the 3rd line wing next year if his top speed keep improving, with Kadri-Moore. Bracco also can play on the 2nd PP. He might be able to elevate Kadri and keep him engaged knowing Bracco has excellent vision.

Imo, Connor Brown has to be moved in the off season. Moore is already more impressive. Far superior skating. Brown's skating imo, is getting exposed especially backpressure.
I think Dubas needs to get rid of all of Babs favourite toys: Brown/Hainsey/Kadri/Marleau.
God forbid he'd be forced to give meaningful ice time to his young stars

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad