Prospect Info: Korshkov is coming over

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
A year ago he was a bust and 4 games into his North American career he's made Kapanen and/or Johnsson expendable huh

There's a lesson here.
It’s so funny how people trashed him relentlessly as a wasted pick, now he’s da man!

In seriousness, it’s great to see him having success, we need cheap kids to succeed.

Reactions: 7even and kb

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
A year ago he was a bust and 4 games into his North American career he's made Kapanen and/or Johnsson expendable huh

There's a lesson here.

A bust? How many games did he play last year?
Big adjustment period coming over from the KHL, and he is learning fast. If it wasn't for the cap space he would be on the fourth line for sure.

And he is skilled enough to play higher up in the line up.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Kappy and AJ are soft and between Korsh Tima Miky and Moore we would be way better off.
I don't agree that Kappy and AJ are soft. The team as a whole is. There are no bruisers. But, like the guys you listed those two battle just as hard as anyone else. Korshkov is unique with his size and mean streak and I hope he does have some success here.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Oh no! More Skill!
We are Leafs Nation!
These Leafs have excessive skating, passing, play making, we should share like Karl Marx, enough with this thrill
Leafs Nation has a long history of celebrating the Leafs development of future Stanley Cup winners, just not in Toronto- that's not our situation

We will share, the cap will force us to. The skill is real, limited time only! Don't delay get them now, going fast fast fast!

Limited supplies only, quantities will not last.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Been good to see him doing well. In all likelyhood he isn't a Leaf until next season though

That's a big mistake. Sorry but the GM should not have made so many commitments like Spezza. Korsh Tima and Miky should all be on this Leafs team fair and square.

Reactions: CelticDruid

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
That's a big mistake. Sorry but the GM should not have made so many commitments like Spezza. Korsh Tima and Miky should all be on this Leafs team fair and square.
Korsh makes more than Spezza. Spezza literally couldn't sign for any less. Look for equal or higher salaries if you want Korshkov up. And who you want to lose through waivers in turn. Otherwise text Marner. Dubas' overpays are the issue. The Spezza, Agostino,Wilson,Aberg contracts are non factors

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I think we'll see him up later this season, we'll need him when big boy hockey starts provided the Leafs are in the playoff picture.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina

Spezza isn't a commitment. His cap hit can be buried at full value at any time.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
He has had a hot start which is good to see
Size is something is badly needed

Whenever I watch Mika and I see the need for size. He uses his size so well along the boards and for back checking
Same with Goat now. You see him use his size

Size does matter and still a big part of the game

Reactions: Cobra777

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
We will share, the cap will force us to. The skill is real, limited time only! Don't delay get them now, going fast fast fast!

Limited supplies only, quantities will not last.

Hahah this is gold Jerry, gold

but not really.... don’t quit your day job

Mad hatter

Go Leafs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Acton Ontario
Kappy and AJ are soft and between Korsh Tima Miky and Moore we would be way better off.
How is AJ soft? He battles hard in the corners, in the slot, hits, chirps, even tends to give out a few cheap shots. I have noticed this year though that your right about Kapanen. I seen a few times last game where he could have won the race to the puck but slowed up so he wouldn’t get hit. I never really noticed that last year so maybe the concussion he got has scared him of contact a bit.

justanotherleafsfan

Oct 5, 2019
I'm sure we were all frustrated when super scout Mark Hunter passed on Debrincat for an overager in Korskov but he did look great early in KHL before he broke his leg.

He's a project, again that is sad given he was an overager but I've always held some optimism about this prospect, hope he can at least be an upgrade on Goat.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I'm sure we were all frustrated when super scout Mark Hunter passed on Debrincat for an overager in Korskov but he did look great early in KHL before he broke his leg.

He's a project, again that is sad given he was an overager but I've always held some optimism about this prospect, hope he can at least be an upgrade on Goat.

It was a mistake to pick him where we did.

But ultimately with

Matthews. Nylander.
Tavares. Marner.

We just need cheap depth role playing wingers.
Guys like soup and korshkov etc are what we need

Cobra777

Jun 26, 2018
Wasaga Beach
He has size, likes to take the body, skates well, has decent hands and likes to play right in front of the oppositions goalie for screen and tip ins, had a nice take away and goal in pre season and looked pretty alright, no worse than some of the guys in this line up. Like to see him opposite wing of Miky with Kerfs centering them as well

horner

May 22, 2007
Why do you always have to blame the cap on Marner .
Include Mathews as well bud.
They were all over paid by a mil.
While your at it blame leaf management

Marner 9 pts
Mathews 8 pts

I expect alot more from both of these players

McDavid 17 pts
Draisidel 15 pts

I hope I made my point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad