Prospect Info: Korshkov is coming over

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
if he can live up to his draft slot it would be really nice. We could absorb the loss of kap/aj or a trade for them. Let him play on the marlies this year and next season let him have a real chance to win a roster spot and perhaps play with Matthews if his game fits the north American style. Best of luck him.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Will he get a game or two with the Leafs or going to the Marlies first?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Expected.

Excited to see him get settled in with the Marlies and play there next year most likely.

The past 2 seasons in the KHL has been.... rough waters.

However our development staff is great with wingers. Korshkov does have tools.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Glad he's coming, hopefully the Marlies can develop him into a player for us so we can finally get some sort of return on that pick.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
good. I hope he does well. Despite being a draft disappointment, he obviously has talent and I think he can be an nhl player

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Koshkov had 5 points in his last 10 KHL games. Also had 1 point in 4 games in the playoffs.

So he had a strong finish. For some reason wasn't on their powerplay. All his points are Even Strength.

KHL site lists him as 6'3, 187lbs

Reactions: teddygmr and Crysis

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
This dude is the guy who is nhl ready right? Or at least thats what they were saying during the draft that he would be?

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Koshkov had 5 points in his last 10 KHL games. Also had 1 point in 4 games in the playoffs.

So he had a strong finish. For some reason wasn't on their powerplay. All his points are Even Strength.

Between Engvall and Korshkov, a nice addition to size + skill moving forward.
If we can work even one into the lineup next year, bonus.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009

If he could play 3rd line for us and be a good-2way presence that does board work and goes to the net etc, I would be pretty happy.

He obviously isn't Debrincat but just hoping to get a useful player.

Reactions: Keon1963

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
They will need the depth next year. I'd love it if the Leafs sold high on Kapanen and gave Moore a shot at that spot.

Bracco is doing well in the AHL but I doubt he will ever play for the Leafs. Can't imagine Babcock playing a guy who is not that good defensively even if he is good offensively.

Reactions: cookie

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Between Engvall and Korshkov, a nice addition to size + skill moving forward.
If we can work even one into the lineup next year, bonus.

It's certainly nice.

Hyman - Marner
Johnsson - Kapanen
(Marleau) - Nylander
Moore - (Brown)

Are the winger pairings currently. I assume Brown will be gone for sure. Marleau is likely back, but never know.

With Bracco knocking on the door, and guys like Koshkov and Engvall on their way, it at the very least should take some leverage away from guys like Kapanen and Johnsson.

If one of Kappy or Johnsson ask for too much, and Carolina covets one of them, we have the winger depth to do it.

Crysis

Jun 28, 2015
It's certainly nice.

Hyman - Marner
Johnsson - Kapanen
(Marleau) - Nylander
Moore - (Brown)

Are the winger pairings currently. I assume Brown will be gone for sure. Marleau is likely back, but never know.

With Bracco knocking on the door, and guys like Koshkov and Engvall on their way, it at the very least should take some leverage away from guys like Kapanen and Johnsson.

If one of Kappy or Johnsson ask for too much, and Carolina covets one of them, we have the winger depth to do it.

And where does the cap space come from to bring back a d?
Muzzin coming here basically ended us being able to grab a d from Carolina unless they're taking back Marleau as well.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
And where does the cap space come from to bring back a d?
Muzzin coming here basically ended us being able to grab a d from Carolina unless they're taking back Marleau as well.

Not at all.

Pesce is likely the one we'd be interested in, and he makes 4M.

Reactions: WTFMAN99

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
They will need the depth next year. I'd love it if the Leafs sold high on Kapanen and gave Moore a shot at that spot.

Bracco is doing well in the AHL but I doubt he will ever play for the Leafs. Can't imagine Babcock playing a guy who is not that good defensively even if he is good offensively.
Sell high on Kappy. So now Kappy at his highest worth. He is completing his First full season in the NHL. Where do you come up with this

Reactions: Keon1963 and Crysis

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Sell high on Kappy. So now Kappy at his highest worth. He is completing his First full season in the NHL. Where do you come up with this

That is what you have to do. Kapanen is playing in a contract year. If he's not going to sign a good contract, it would be the perfect time to trade him and get a player with more control or in a position of need.

Leafs cannot afford to keep both Johnsson and Kapanen unless they sign great deals. If I had a choice, I am keeping Johnsson over Kapanen.

Leafs don't need more offense. They are fine in that department. Give Moore his spot as he's got another 2 years at a cheap cap hit and he's got game.

Reactions: Crysis

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Leafs cannot afford to keep both Johnsson and Kapanen unless they sign great deals. If I had a choice, I am keeping Johnsson over Kapanen
Sure they can if they bridge them both, which is what will happen. There's so much more flexibility after this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->