Prospect Info: Korshkov is coming over

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Petan and Moore will be on the roster, so I'm not worried about them.

With Timashov..... it sorta depends on what happens with Marleau/Brown and then maybe there is a spot open, but he'd be competing with Marchment, Engvall, Korshkov, Bracco etc

So my gut tells me he'd be one on waivers, and I'm not sure if he'd be claimed or not, just because most teams have players like him, and it's not like he's tearing the AHL apart like a Bracco.

I said before, but Timashov is a guy I can see being included in a deal due to his waiver status, and I think there is potential there, but I don't think he's ever going to get the chance here due to our depth.

Yeah, that's true. He doesn't have the numbers like Petan or Moore that would be attractive to teams.

If you assume one of Marleau/Brown is gone, the bottom 6 is still a dogfight with the two guys above, at the very least as 12th-13th forwards.

There's a trade coming, as you said

Reactions: Cor

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd
If you actually believe that then I feel bad for you.

I would prefer not to believe it. However, the guy constantly plays lines that cleary doesn't work, and never makes any adjustments. He's been making bad decisions for months now, never sits or rests guys who deserves based on their production.
Yet, he critizices and puts players in bad situation he shouldnt.

But this is a thread for Korshkov, so yeah, I'm glad he's coming over.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
I would prefer not to believe it. However, the guy constantly plays lines that cleary doesn't work, and never makes any adjustments. He's been making bad decisions for months now, never sits or rests guys who deserves based on their production.
Yet, he critizices and puts players in bad situation he shouldnt.

But this is a thread for Korshkov, so yeah, I'm glad he's coming over.
Never makes any adjustments. Is simply wrong.

What you really mean is that he does not make the adjustments you would like.

Looking at all of our lines. All of them had seen changes if even for only a couple of games. Same as the D pairings.

gordonshumway

Sep 18, 2010
Since 1994, here are the players drafted out of Russia.

Sergei Berezin,
Dani Markov

Vladimir Antipov
Sergei Rostov
Alexei Ponikarovsky
Nik Antropov

Vladimir Kulikov
Alexander Shinkar
Konstantin Volkov
Maxim Semenov
Dmitry Vorobiev
Nikolay Kulemin
2007-2014 No Players Selected from Russia
Martins Dzierkals
Yegor Korshkov - Too Soon to Tell
Nikolai Chebykin - Too Soon
Vladislav Kara - Too Soon
Semyon Kizimov - Too Soon

So prior to 2007 when we drafted out of Russia, we had a 42% success rate which is very good. Dzierkals was a miss, and the 4 more recent ones are too soon to say either way.

Actually Poni was from Ukraine and Antropov from Kazakhstan, but I get it, former USSR. I said in the past 20 years though, these guys are ancient history and most posters here probably don't even know who they are... Stefanovich (Belarus) in 2008 would be in the 'former USSR' category too I suppose, and you're forgetting Valiev (2014) as well, not to mention Timashov and Korostelev (both 2015).
Pretty bad record in the past 20 years, like I said.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Actually Poni was from Ukraine and Antropov from Kazakhstan, but I get it, former USSR. I said in the past 20 years though, these guys are ancient history and most posters here probably don't even know who they are... Stefanovich (Belarus) in 2008 would be in the 'former USSR' category too I suppose, and you're forgetting Valiev (2014) as well, not to mention Timashov and Korostelev (both 2015).
Pretty bad record in the past 20 years, like I said.

Poni and Antro we’re officially drafted out of Russia.

Stefanovich wasn’t drafted from Russia, he was in the CHL. As was Timashov and Korostelev. Not sure about Valiev

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
Poni and Antro we’re officially drafted out of Russia.

Stefanovich wasn’t drafted from Russia, he was in the CHL. As was Timashov and Korostelev. Not sure about Valiev

Valiev played in the dub.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Korshkov... sounds like the name of another player Leafs Nation will hate on. ;)

Reactions: Mork

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Fair enough, that's a big IF tho, Korshkov has a lot to prove.

Yeah he's missed time and received limited ice time. We have to invest good ice with him with him to develop him. With Rasanen and Korshkov, we've spent 2nd round picks on them, try to salvage a good 3rd liner and 3rd pairing D at least out of them at this point.

Reactions: Once

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
We don't sell high on Kapanen now. He's getting a stronger reputation, but he's still not in a position to demand a big contract and he's still not getting any PP time. Selling high would be getting him on a two year deal for cheap and then giving him a ton of PP time in the last year. Move him as an RFA about to get a big deal after a season he might never match again.

Right now, and I suspect over their next contracts, Kapanen and Johnsson are likely to give us tremendous value per cap dollar.

I agree with you to a degree, but I think it's wishful thinking to think we will keep all of our forwards.

What do you think will happen in the offseason to fit everyone under the cap?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Lokomotiv is down 4-1 to SKA. Assuming they don’t come back, they’ll be down 0-2 in their series.

Chances are Korshkov’s last game with Lokomotiv will be March 19th.

Could maybe see him next weekend.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I agree with you to a degree, but I think it's wishful thinking to think we will keep all of our forwards.

We'll see. Most likely Zaitsev strapped to an asset and moved. I also think that people tend to overstate how much it would cost to sign Kapanen and Johnsson.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

Matthews 11.6
Tavares 11.0
Marner 9.5
Nylander 7.0
Kadri 4.5
Kapanen 4.0
Johnsson 4.0
Hyman 2.3
Moore 0.8
Goat 0.7
XXXX 1.0
XXXX 1.0
XXXX 1.0

Rielly 5.0
Muzzin 4.0
XXXXX 4.0
Dermott 0.9
XXXX 1.0
XXXX 1.0
XXXX 1.0

Andersen 5.0
Sparks 0.8

Kessel 1.2

Total: $82.3

Leafin

Apr 2, 2009
Where did Marleau go? I wonder what it'll cost us considering the other team knows we have to move him.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Matthews 11.6
Tavares 11.0
Marner 9.5
Nylander 7.0
Kadri 4.5
Kapanen 4.0
Johnsson 4.0
Hyman 2.3
Moore 0.8
Goat 0.7
XXXX 1.0
XXXX 1.0
XXXX 1.0

Rielly 5.0
Muzzin 4.0
XXXXX 4.0
Dermott 0.9
XXXX 1.0
XXXX 1.0
XXXX 1.0

Andersen 5.0
Sparks 0.8

Kessel 1.2

Total: $82.3
You have to put Marleau back in - although everyone will want him out. Z will be out and included in Johnsson trade for a younger D ELC contract. Likely Hainsey back in for 2M for 1 more year. Brown likely goes to Edmonton for a pick. and diff will be a little higher AAV for Marner. No one will like this but it is likely what will happen.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Matthews 11.6
Tavares 11.0
Marner 9.5
Nylander 7.0
Kadri 4.5
Kapanen 4.0
Johnsson 4.0
Hyman 2.3