Prospect Info: Korshkov is coming over

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Zaitsev + pick/prospect for a contract thats in the 3 million range imo

I still think it'll be something like Zaitsev for Tanev with maybe a small add from the Leafs.

It's not going to be a deal that leaves us down a legitimate top 4 RD that is for sure.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Capfriendly says Timashov is waiver eligible next year.

is that from his first callup, or the october deadline?

To be sent down to the AHL at all next season he needs waivers.

So he makes the team, or he’s on waivers.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I’ve always been a bit sceptical of of him: would absolutely love to be proven wrong here.

My understanding was that he was potentially going to sign last season but then hanged his mind at the last minute to stay in the KHL

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Selling high on him is the comment I took exception with. I also disagree with keeping Johnsson over Kappy. Johnsson has had concussion issues and is not as useful overall. Kappy is also stronger and faster.

Johnsson has arbitration rights making him even a better candidate to move. The only reason I can see for trading Kappy over Johnsson is that he would return more as he seen as the better younger player. Kappy has more control left as well.

Selling high would mean letting the player develop fully and then sell him off.

Brown is gone for sure as well as we will move Zaitsev and if we can convince Marleau to retire we can trade his contract to a team wanting to reach the floor along with a fringe prospect or a later pick.

This would be a huge factor though. He is more likely to land a RFA top 4 RHD. On top of that, our left wing is pretty weak.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Lokomotiv is still in the playoffs, so it will be another week probably.

Aaltonen, on the other hand, was eliminated so hopefully he can come to help the Marlies again.

Reactions: teddygmr

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
We don't sell high on Kapanen now. He's getting a stronger reputation, but he's still not in a position to demand a big contract and he's still not getting any PP time. Selling high would be getting him on a two year deal for cheap and then giving him a ton of PP time in the last year. Move him as an RFA about to get a big deal after a season he might never match again.

Right now, and I suspect over their next contracts, Kapanen and Johnsson are likely to give us tremendous value per cap dollar.

Pp60 and 5v5 vs special teams may be something the vast majority of HF posters don’t grasp, but I doubt we’d be pulling the wool over the eyes of NHL staff with that stunt.

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
M
I’ve always been a bit sceptical of of him: would absolutely love to be proven wrong here.
Me too, really wanted Tyler Benson with this pick. Both went through all kinds of injury issues, this year Tyler is almost a point a game player in the AHL, expect the Oilers to try him out next year on LW.

Reactions: Menzinger

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Korshkov has 5 points in the KHL year.

If he comes over does he even make the marlies?

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
I still think it'll be something like Zaitsev for Tanev with maybe a small add from the Leafs.

It's not going to be a deal that leaves us down a legitimate top 4 RD that is for sure.
The Leafs will need to shed more than just 50k on the cap if Zaitsev is moved.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
M
Me too, really wanted Tyler Benson with this pick. Both went through all kinds of injury issues, this year Tyler is almost a point a game player in the AHL, expect the Oilers to try him out next year on LW.

He’s never going to match up against some of those other early second round picks unfortunately, but if the team can at least get some value back, better than nothing

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
This is exciting. You have got to keep hitting on these guys to replace secondary players with players on ELC or cheap contracts. It will be nice to have him finish the season with the Marlies, so this year isn't a lost year development wise.

GBLeaf

Feb 13, 2014
England, GB.
Happy with this.

Cheap talent is what the team needs going forward. really hope he transitions well.

We could do with some strength on each line. If we can end up with Engvall and Korshkov panning out as NHL'ers, we add something this line-up seriously lacks right now.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Korshkov and Rasanen were probably the most questionable for me. I hope we can salvage a top 9 forward and 3rd pairing defenseman out of the 2.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Pp60 and 5v5 vs special teams may be something the vast majority of HF posters don’t grasp, but I doubt we’d be pulling the wool over the eyes of NHL staff with that stunt.
Oh you'd think not, but it wouldn't be the first time that happened.

Either way, moving on from him would be probably smarter and more lucrative after the next contract.

Reactions: mavis

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Korshkov has 5 points in the KHL year.

If he comes over does he even make the marlies?
Forget points for the time being.
We need to see what kind of game he has for North America, the AHL and the NHL.

If skill lives there, then it should find a way to hold a role in some capacity. Be it a Brown/Leivo/whatever replacement down the line.

He needs a look see in a new environment.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Korshkov and Rasanen were probably the most questionable for me. I hope we can salvage a top 9 forward and 3rd pairing defenseman out of the 2.

If we get a top 9F or a bottom pair D I'd be happy

I can't say I've particularly liked any of our drafts since 2016, we've got some nice players but we've done some headscratching stuff

Giant defenseman, overager, guys that can't skate, gigantic reaches
Just why?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad