The Star: Komarov a compelling prospect for Leafs: Feschuk

Zeitung

Jan 16, 2013
He also speaks fluent Swedish, Russian and Finnish so he really can get under your skin. Fun watching him play with Finland against Russia, they always seem to lose their temper against Leo.:)

Gotta love him. And about his number, he has worn several numbers like 41, 71, 77, 87 etc. Btw, could he be first Estonian-born player in the NHL?

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I almost wanted to punch him in the face with my stick, as he had his elbows up all the time and tried to make me fall down. You get mad and your game gets screwed up. He does it so well you get confused even in practice, said Holzer laughing.

Holzer said this about Komarov in an interview by a Finnish news channel :laugh:

Faustus

Jun 21, 2012
So, it's all but guaranteed that he makes the squad now, right? Leafs need a guy like this.

FinRuutu

Red Wins
Feb 7, 2010
Helsinki
Hi Leafs fans.

You got a real gem here. He is my favorite Finnish player at the moment by a mile. I will be watching Leafs games as many as I can when Komarov is playing, pure entertainment this guy.

Even if he is 5'10 - 5'11 nobody has told him that and he plays like a giant. Pest, workhorse, energy player, good wrist shot and strong in front of a goal. Very versatile player and a safe bet.

This guy has been fan favorite in every team he has played on, show man with a great twisted sense of humor. Komarov will give 100% in every game, in every shift.

I'll be back in a week to see how much you love him already, cause you will.

edit: By the way, here is new article about Komarov by Siegel

http://www.tsn.ca/toronto/blogs/jonas_siegel/?id=413827

Last edited:

Sigismund

Feb 17, 2012
So is he still going to wear 87?

As far as I know he don't mind using #99 for that matter. But yeah, he's one of those players that make home fans love him and the other fans hate him. So it's not just the players. And yeah, he does that well, believe me. The plus side is also that he's not a stupid goon, he's a smart guy in and out of the ice. He just knows how to pull the plugs on ice.

Last edited:

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
tumblr_mfx1z5uYbM1qdvsvxo1_500.jpg

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
Haven't had genuine on-ice "off" since Tucker and Markov.

Komarov looks like a genuine nutbar...Fantastic!

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
It'd be fun to get some guys like Kadri and Komarov into the lineup to put some hate back into the games against Ottawa and Montreal, been too complacent the last five years or so.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Ive been a fan of his for a while. One of the few people who saw more upside than a propable 4th liner. Glad to see his worth is begginning to show.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Very much looking forward to him. I like guys who show up every night, every minute as well as guys who go after everybody and don't care what name is on the jersey.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Holzer said this about Komarov in an interview by a Finnish news channel :laugh:

Leafs can really use a super pest of his abilities to keep opposing players off their game..

Heck he even annoys his own teammates in practice in that regard. :)

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Hopefully he sticks in NHL...reporters might like him cause his humor is Leo's trademark also...plus he is a winner

1468369.jpg

komarovetu2305KV_jm.jpg

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Hopefully he sticks in NHL...reporters might like him cause his humor is Leo's trademark also...plus he is a winner

1468369.jpg

komarovetu2305KV_jm.jpg

Send him a memo: Viking style beard required!

Hmmmm.....Komarov-D'Amigo-Brown....manliest bearded line in the league.

DeathToAllButMetal

Let it all burn.
May 13, 2010
Didn't dislike Komarov, didn't much like him, either. Slow start tonight, seemed to get better as game went on. Not sure he has size and ability to play his style of game in the NHL. Need to see a lot more. He'll definitely need to adapt to the speed and size in the NHL.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Didn't dislike Komarov, didn't much like him, either. Slow start tonight, seemed to get better as game went on. Not sure he has size and ability to play his style of game in the NHL. Need to see a lot more. He'll definitely need to adapt to the speed and size in the NHL.

He is basically a slightly less skilled marchand. He doesn't need size.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
I was happy with his performance. He'll have to get used to everything, but he was physical and effective in limited time tonight. Good to see him out there with the Leafs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad