The Star: Komarov a compelling prospect for Leafs: Feschuk

Number13

May 21, 2007
Didn't dislike Komarov, didn't much like him, either. Slow start tonight, seemed to get better as game went on. Not sure he has size and ability to play his style of game in the NHL. Need to see a lot more. He'll definitely need to adapt to the speed and size in the NHL.

I disagree with everything you said. He kept up just fine, showed no fear for his first NHL game, proved that he can handle the physical battles and will be a great contributor for us. It feels like forever ago when we drafted him, kind of crazy he's here now.

Maybe we should get Vorobiev over now? Anyone remember him? :laugh:

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
I disagree with everything you said. He kept up just fine, showed no fear for his first NHL game, proved that he can handle the physical battles and will be a great contributor for us. It feels like forever ago when we drafted him, kind of crazy he's here now.
This and with better of luck he could've had his first NHL goal.

One typical Komarov moment was when he talked/said something to Galchenyuk in the 1st period and Alex's surprised face was priceless :laugh:

I think Leo will be important for the coaches when season goes on as you can use him in so many situations and lines on the ice.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
159735161_slide.jpg

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Really liked what I saw from Komarov tonight.

Wasn't really sure what to expect from him, but he was a "pest" for most of the night.

Went hard to the net, was constantly in front of the net, finished his checks (btw - WOW, how nice is it that we finally have someone other than Brown finishing checks). Loved the bit with Galchenyuk as well.

His line of Kadri and JvR was probably the Leafs best tonight, and was no surprise that when their ice time diminished in the third, the Habs found a way back into the game.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
"I remember all the other teammates on the national team were coming into the room after the first period and going 'Who the [expletive] is that guy?' and I just sat there and laughed," remembered Korbinian Holzer, then a member of the German national squad.

made laugh hahaha that's awesome. loved his play with the marlies and loved him last night, heres hoping he keeps it up

EDDIE20*

One typical Komarov moment was when he talked/said something to Galchenyuk in the 1st period and Alex's surprised face was priceless :laugh:

I wonder what he said to him. I love the fact that he chirps the opposition.:handclap:

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
I asked this question last night on the GTD but nobody answered.

If he ends up playing with Kulemin and Grabbo at all this year, will this be the first time that the Leafs have an all USSR line? I can't remember one.

Yes I know that Grabbo was born in Germany but reps Belarus and although Komo was born in Estonia he reps Finland but those are semantics. They all speak Russian I believe.

We couldn't have Kadri C that line though....think about it.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
I asked this question last night on the GTD but nobody answered.

If he ends up playing with Kulemin and Grabbo at all this year, will this be the first time that the Leafs have an all USSR line? I can't remember one.

Yes I know that Grabbo was born in Germany but reps Belarus and although Komo was born in Estonia he reps Finland but those are semantics. They all speak Russian I believe.

We couldn't have Kadri C that line though....think about it.

No, we had different combinations of Antropov (Kazakhstan), Ponikarovsky (Ukraine), Grabovski (Belarus) and Kulemin (Russia) back when Burke first came in and the year prior to that. They rotated the lineup and these guys all played together at different times.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
No, we had different combinations of Antropov (Kazakhstan), Ponikarovsky (Ukraine), Grabovski (Belarus) and Kulemin (Russia) back when Burke first came in and the year prior to that. They rotated the lineup and these guys all played together at different times.

Was that 09/10? I thought that Grabbo came after Antro.

Regardless, I was goofing around with the lines yesterday and with a Wilson acquisition we could have:
USA line
JVR Wilson Kessel
USSR line
Kulemin Grabbo Komorov
Canada line
MacA Kadri Lupul

I know off topic, boring Sunday

12345*

Was that 09/10? I thought that Grabbo came after Antro.

Regardless, I was goofing around with the lines yesterday and with a Wilson acquisition we could have:
USA line
JVR Wilson Kessel
USSR line
Kulemin Grabbo Komorov
Canada line
MacA Kadri Lupul

I know off topic, boring Sunday

we should trade JVR for ROR

Sokil

Ukraine Specialitsky
Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
supermensa.org
He also speaks fluent Swedish, Russian and Finnish so he really can get under your skin. Fun watching him play with Finland against Russia, they always seem to lose their temper against Leo.:)

Gotta love him. And about his number, he has worn several numbers like 41, 71, 77, 87 etc. Btw, could he be first Estonian-born player in the NHL?

I know that he isn't know for chirping and just playing the "silent troll", but knowing 4 languages has got to come in handy for something :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $325.00