The Star: Komarov a compelling prospect for Leafs: Feschuk

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
Perfect guy that we really need! We need an energy/agitator guy.

him on a line with brown would be fairly exciting, then from there we'll see how much higher he can go.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
What?.. :help: You need to read the thread or at least some information on Komarov, that's not his game.

Lol, he'll put lucic in the p-box because he is going to chase Komarov around trying to kill him. Komarov won't fight. He'll hang on or wrestle but he will just drive guys crazy. I think he has matured from his cheap shot days (I hope) but he will go to the net hard and will hit star players. Will be interesting to see how he responds when jumped.

leugangen

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto
I love Komarov. I am actually most excited to see him and McClement play this year, which sounds funny, but they are two players that bring a lot to the team. I can see Carlyle playing Komarov with the Russians to open up space for them.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
What?.. You need to read the thread or at least some information on Komarov, that's not his game.
Today 09:11 PM

Watching him in the KHL has shown he loves to cross check, slash, push and aggitate people (bully) them. If he can keep Lucic distracted long enough till Brown/Orr comes on and pounds him out, I am happy.

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site
I hope he puts Lucic in his place and bullies the hell out of every bruins/senators/habs member.

Lets be realistic here. Lucic is 6'4" monster who at one point happened to be a boxer off the ice.

I don't mean to single you out, but this is such a typical Leafs fan response to a player. Overhyping to the max.

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
I hope he is the 2nd coming of Tucker.

Doubtful. I think people forget how talented Tucker was. 140P in 63GP in his 3rd year of the WHL, and was too good for his one year in the AHL (93P in 74GP). 5 20+ goal seasons in the NHL.

I'll be happy if Leo Komarov is the 2nd coming of Steve Ott.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Lets be realistic here. Lucic is 6'4" monster who at one point happened to be a boxer off the ice.

I don't mean to single you out, but this is such a typical Leafs fan response to a player. Overhyping to the max.

No part of me said he will do as I said, I strongly believe I said I HOPE he does this. Over reaction to the "max" :huh::help:

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Why would you hope he goes after Lucic? So this can happen?

Guess you missed out on everything I said. Orr can throw Lucic around no problem as he has done before. Regardless I am through with being insulted. Staying on topic now; Here is to hoping for more grit and strong play by our bottom 6 :)

Last edited:

Griffski

Jun 15, 2011
Salt Lake City
Leo is just a pest he's 5 10 187... He will be nice to have but hopefully Biggs can dance with Lucic in the future.

Next guy to realistically beat up Lucic is Tom Wilson though.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
If Kessel/Lupul ever get split onto seperate lines it'd be fun to see Kessel and Komarov paired up, might be able to draw some of the attention away from Kessel. Plus, I doubt he'd be able to flub more of Kessel's dishes than Bozak does :laugh:

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
Jebus.... Komarov is NOT putting Lucic in his place. No matter how you want to spin it (by "distracting him until Orr/Brown beat him up"....really???) Come on, dont be ridiculous.

Komarov is a pest. Thats it. We need that.

JAMmer124

Independent Living
Aug 13, 2010
Welland, Ontario
He's a bit more advanced than most others. He's 25 (soon-to-be 26) and has been successful in the KHL, AHL, SM-Liiga and many WC's. Komarov isn't just some kid from junior, he's an established vet with previous success at high levels of hockey.

Leo is just a pest he's 5 10 187... He will be nice to have but hopefully Biggs can dance with Lucic in the future.

Next guy to realistically beat up Lucic is Tom Wilson though.

If he makes it, I'd love to see how Lucic would handle Jamie Devane. He's bigger than Lucic, and is an absolute monster in fights.

satyr9

Sep 20, 2009
I'll believe things when I see it (that's not meant to be too pessimistic, it's just I've heard this before), but if some of the recent hype about Komarov and McClement meant the Leafs had 2 more guys to fill bottom 6 roles properly at above-average quality, then I'd say the Leafs are getting much closer to having a shot at being markedly better than last year. Especially since Carlyle is a line-matching know-your-role kinda guy, having guys who can actually play the way he prefers will be very useful.

So fingers crossed and let the actual evaluation begin on Saturday.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
I'm apprehensive about overseas signings considering some of the crap we've brought over from Europe the past few years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad