The Star: Komarov a compelling prospect for Leafs: Feschuk

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
I've heard he can speak around 5 different languages? That must help when you know how to chirp someone in their native tongue :laugh: I've heard he knows: English, Russian, Finnish, German, maybe swedish?

He better learn French quickly.
Grabovski needs some backup for when we play in Montreal.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Leo is just a pest he's 5 10 187... He will be nice to have but hopefully Biggs can dance with Lucic in the future.

Next guy to realistically beat up Lucic is Tom Wilson though.

Doubt it.

No one is gonna beat up Lucic.

No when that he would be bothered to tangle with anyway.

Lucic has a hockey game to win...not worry about 4th liners.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
I figured that would be gone since it was mostly a Burke rule

Haha

It's a "team" rule.

In every hockey team...new guys get the shaft for numbers.

It really says something about you when you go for a hot #7 as a rookie.

Rubs the coaching staff and veterans the wrong way.

grind your soul

Belak forever
Jul 1, 2006
Toronto
Glad this guy is getting serious consideration. I watched the majority of his AHL games this year and loved what he brought to the table. Always in the thick of things, made things happen on the ice and banged bodies good and nasty.

sangreale

Feb 21, 2008
Haha

It's a "team" rule.

In every hockey team...new guys get the shaft for numbers.

It really says something about you when you go for a hot #7 as a rookie.

Rubs the coaching staff and veterans the wrong way.

Back in the day the same thing happened in minor hockey. Not sure now. I imagine not much has changed.

Mr Scarface*

Glad this guy is getting serious consideration. I watched the majority of his AHL games this year and loved what he brought to the table. Always in the thick of things, made things happen on the ice and banged bodies good and nasty.
Yep, glad to see it isn't just about the money and the names behind these guys back. Komarov is a human turd, a real life ratster who you don't want meet on a dark path. He has hands too wich is surprising.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
While that's true, a player like Komarov is a lot different than a guy like Wallin.

We've brought over a couple good players recently. Kulemin, Tlusty, Holzer, Komarov and Gustavsson have/will all see good time in the NHL. Of course with prospects you lose sometimes too with Olden, Wallin, Mikus, etc.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Sounds like a gritty player - can he hold his own when he's gotta drop'em? Would like to see someone steamroll and drop Colby after his comments about wanting to kick our ass on Saturday night - maybe Brown will oblige if Komarov declines.

Mr Scarface*

Sounds like a gritty player - can he hold his own when he's gotta drop'em? Would like to see someone steamroll and drop Colby after his comments about wanting to kick our ass on Saturday night - maybe Brown will oblige if Komarov declines.
Leo rarely drops them. But when he does it would be against guys like Colby.

He can talk the talk and walk the walk that's what I'm saying here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Komarov is a master agitator. He was voted the most hated player in the KHL a couple times, if I'm not mistaken.
He was voted the most hated player (by the players) also in SM-Liiga. Hopefully NHL is his 3rd league to get that title :D

Last edited:

traffic cone

May 12, 2011
"But at the same time he's going hard and I like that. -- He's a real pain in the ass."

THATS. WHAT. SHE. SAID.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
He was voted the most hated player (by the players) also in SM-Liiga. Hopefully NHL is his 3rd league to get that title :D

I am really starting to warm up to this guy. Think he can be awesome and inject the team with the right kind of energy while also redirecting the other teams focus. Just what we need.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad