The Star: Komarov a compelling prospect for Leafs: Feschuk

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/article/1315629--komarov-a-compelling-prospect-for-leafs-feschuk

“By the time there was about seven minutes left in the first period the whole other team was chasing Leo around trying to kill him,†Eakins said. “They didn’t care about anything else — they were going to get him. And he wasn’t doing anything dirty. He was going to the net and he was hitting hard. But they didn’t like that he was hitting certain players. Teams get discombobulated when Leo does what he does.â€

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Komarov is a master agitator. He was voted the most hated player in the KHL a couple times, if I'm not mistaken.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Saw him in the Marlies and I've already said it but I'll say it again, I'm most excited to see what he could do on a Leafs roster. He's a gritty player who doesn't need to cross the line - he just knows how to agitate really well. I love that quality in Kadri too. He agitates, he tries to make things happen on the ice and despite his lack of size, Kadri isn't afraid to jump into the mix and either defend himself or his teammate.

Polk High

Sep 9, 2009
If he sticks with the Leafs and continues this style of play I can see him becoming a fan favourite in no time.

12345*

Saw him in the Marlies and I've already said it but I'll say it again, I'm most excited to see what he could do on a Leafs roster. He's a gritty player who doesn't need to cross the line - he just knows how to agitate really well. I love that quality in Kadri too. He agitates, he tries to make things happen on the ice and despite his lack of size, Kadri isn't afraid to jump into the mix and either defend himself or his teammate.

Except if you are a midget agitator on a team without group toughness, those agitators get punched in the head and concussed.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
Think he said he wanted to stay in the AHL now, to be serious about playing for the Leafs.

But when he went to the KHL during the lockout, I was a little surprised.

Not sure if he changed his mind on staying in the AHL, or if he just felt it wasn't applicable if there is a lockout on...

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Think he said he wanted to stay in the AHL now, to be serious about playing for the Leafs.

Not sure if he changed his mind on staying in the AHL, or if he just felt it wasn't applicable if there is a lockout on...

He doesn't want to play in the AHL and he SHOULD make the Maple Leafs to start the season. Komarov stated before the season that his goal was to make the NHL and not play in the AHL, although he was willing to play in the AHL for a limited time.

I like what he did, honestly. He came over after the WC's and lived in Toronto all summer to get used to the culture and city. He trained and played with the Marlies to start the year and when it looked like the lockout was going to last all season, he returned to the KHL and played with high level NHL linemates and against very good competition. He's continued to show his loyalty to the organization and his desire to play in the NHL by returning to Toronto for training camp with hopes to make the Leafs.

He's going to be a very effective member of the bottom 6 this year and hopefully for years to come.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca

He played big minutes there, on a big line. Maybe he can be on our 2nd line.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
“Let’s say he gets a chance (in the NHL) and he’s on the ice against Sidney Crosby — he’s going to run him over. He doesn’t care that he’s Sidney Crosby,†said Eakins.

I love it.

And it's true. He doesn't care. He's not dirty (that I've seen with the Marlies), he just has something about him other teams absolutely hate. Must have an elite chirping game lol

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008

It was in fact the exact opposite. He didn't want to play in the AHL, he was only there as a stepping-stone to the NHL. While that option was off the table during the lockout, he played for Dynamo Moscow precisely because he does NOT want to be an AHL'er.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
There are a lot of pest prospects in the league, not a ton of them pan out. So I'm skeptical, but we'll see.

He's a bit more advanced than most others. He's 25 (soon-to-be 26) and has been successful in the KHL, AHL, SM-Liiga and many WC's. Komarov isn't just some kid from junior, he's an established vet with previous success at high levels of hockey.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
I love it.

And it's true. He doesn't care. He's not dirty (that I've seen with the Marlies), he just has something about him other teams absolutely hate. Must have an elite chirping game lol

I've heard he can speak around 5 different languages? That must help when you know how to chirp someone in their native tongue :laugh: I've heard he knows: English, Russian, Finnish, German, maybe swedish?

Predaleafs

Oct 7, 2009
Toronto
I really hope we can have a Steve Downie type player in him. Where he can put 20 goals and just piss the ****** out of everyone.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
One of the more intriguing roster players. Underrated offensively ability so playing him on the 3rd line and possible spot duty on the 2nd wouldn't be out of the question.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad