The Star: Komarov a compelling prospect for Leafs: Feschuk

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I know that he isn't know for chirping and just playing the "silent troll", but knowing 4 languages has got to come in handy for something :laugh:

Actually he does have reputation for mouthing off in Finland and he's said it's fun to know 4 languages so you can get under the skin of the players in the KHL. Said Russians especially don't know how to react to him. :laugh:

KingBuzzo

A custom title.
Nov 3, 2010
Toronto
Chirps galy

BBDzIYCCEAA-RhZ.jpg:large

That is some fantastic timing to get that shot, haha. I loved Leo's game last night. He didn't shy away from anything or anyone, and he is a ******* in front of the net. It's been a while since we had a guy like this who can also finish on some chances.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Was that 09/10? I thought that Grabbo came after Antro.

Regardless, I was goofing around with the lines yesterday and with a Wilson acquisition we could have:
USA line
JVR Wilson Kessel
USSR line
Kulemin Grabbo Komorov
Canada line
MacA Kadri Lupul

I know off topic, boring Sunday

It was 08/09 when they were all in Toronto. At the trade deadline Antropov was traded and the following season Ponikarovsky-Grabovski-Kulemin was a line that was used by Wilson.

EDDIE20*

Actually he does have reputation for mouthing off in Finland and he's said it's fun to know 4 languages so you can get under the skin of the players in the KHL. Said Russians especially don't know how to react to him. :laugh:

LOL! Yeah, it must come in handy alright, being able to tell an opposing player to F-O in his language of origin.:D

Sokil

Ukraine Specialitsky
Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
supermensa.org

okay thats awesome then

i was under my impression from:
http://www.tsn.ca/toronto/blogs/jonas_siegel/?id=413827

Fueling his efforts is an unwillingness to engage, chirp or even acknowledge conflict. "…he just walks away and that gets you more rattled and then this is the time when you take a stupid penalty most of the time," Holzer noted.

Luck of Duck

Jan 20, 2013
Hey guys... so many messages but not this photo? I mean, I like Jets and all but here is a reason for me to hope that Toronto makes it to the playoffs:

I know you saw what kind of beard he can grow, but I think those photos did not give out the whole glory...

Btw. If you want to know, he's family left Estonia when the Soviet Union broke up 1991, father wanted to play hockey in Finland.

And last season when Moskova Dinamo won the Gagarin Cup (KHL) he was one of the most important players on the ice. Dinamo was at one point down 3-1 one in the series.

Best part is this: three seasons in KHL: 145 GP 175 PIM (30 G/ 66 points) playing the very same style. Pissing the ever loving #€%& out of everyone and not getting too much of penalties for it.

And just for reference:
komarov_etu0305_503_j0.jpg

Eisenh0rn

May 30, 2009
UK
Hey guys... so many messages but not this photo? I mean, I like Jets and all but here is a reason for me to hope that Toronto makes it to the playoffs:

I know you saw what kind of beard he can grow, but I think those photos did not give out the whole glory...

Btw. If you want to know, he's family left Estonia when the Soviet Union broke up 1991, father wanted to play hockey in Finland.

And last season when Moskova Dinamo won the Gagarin Cup (KHL) he was one of the most important players on the ice. Dinamo was at one point down 3-1 one in the series.

Best part is this: three seasons in KHL: 145 GP 175 PIM (30 G/ 66 points) playing the very same style. Pissing the ever loving #€%& out of everyone and not getting too much of penalties for it.

And just for reference:
komarov_etu0305_503_j0.jpg

LOL (literally) he so looks like anything but a professional athlete with his chubby face. :) terrific player though IMHO.

After watching Marlies streams, Euro highlights and the first game of the season I have to say - why did it take so long for you to come over Leo?

12345*

LOL (literally) he so looks like anything but a professional athlete with his chubby face. :) terrific player though IMHO.

After watching Marlies streams, Euro highlights and the first game of the season I have to say - why did it take so long for you to come over Leo?

$$$$$$$$

He wanted to go from KHL to NHL. No AHL. So he opted to demonstrated development through the KHL while earning a much better living. And the Leafs decided to give him a shot with the big club this year. If he didn't make it, he would just go back to the KHL and make bank.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad