Prospect Info: Kole Lind, Pt. II | Is not being taken, etcetera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbo57

Jan 28, 2018
Lind is clearly still physically immature. Just looking at his baby face can tell us that. He needs to grow into his man body. These physical later bloomers will often pass by those who develop sooner. We are seeing that with Jake, and (hopefully) will see that with Lind.

Don't take Ernie and Bert in here too seriously.

They are cut throat, have no mercy, and if a player has a bad stretch he is thrown in the garbage bin.

The guy you responded to was making this insightful observation just a few months ago:

"Horvat is a 'good' player and obviously the team was worse when he got hurt.
But he is ridiculously, shockingly overrated in this market and his year last year was very disappointing. "

Player Discussion - Antoine Roussel

Note how he put 'good' in quotes as if it were not true. Bo overrated? Perhaps the fans saw potential in the kid and were willing to give him rope during some of his struggles. Perhaps fans took into account that he came back from major injury. Look how things turned out, and look at how Bo is performing now. But of course, lets not give him any mercy if he has a rough patch.

His sidekick predicted that this would be the worst Canucks team in history and would not win a game till november. Cough.

Is it surprising that they have written off Lind after he has played 12 AHL games this year?

Keep this in mind as you read their comments.

Last edited:

Uhmkay

Tryamkin = New Chara
Dec 11, 2006
Vancouver
MacEwan is 2 years older than Lind... I'll give the kid a bit more time. The initial transition to the AHL isn't always immediately easy for everyone, Virtanen had a difficult time and he's turning into a decent NHL player. Lind is another big kid and has played a grand total of 13 games in the AHL.

Last edited:

Uhmkay

Tryamkin = New Chara
Dec 11, 2006
Vancouver
Virtanen is a fantastic skater I don’t see the comparison.

Then you're blind. I literally wrote it out for you. Players of all sorts have a difficult time when they first reach the AHL. They're both BIG kids. Jake spent a season down there and had it tough the entire season. Jake then matured, and after his AHL experience he worked on things that he needed to improve on and he's become a better player. People writing off Lind after 13 games is a bit immature. If the kid doesn't start producing later this season and for sure by next, then I'll start to question him. Right now, sure it's a bit concerning, but many kids go through this and to declare the kid a bust... not yet. The same people who said that Horvat flatlined when many of us saw his still rising potential are also in here saying we need to trade kids 13 games into their professional career.

At the same age, Lind has better offensive instincts than Jake and is a better play maker. Jake has now recently become better as a play maker, but it wasn't something we were seeing at the same age as Lind.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
He seems more like a Cassels than a Virtanen. Smart player with skating issues who had great junior production and then hit a wall in the AHL

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Don't take Ernie and Bert in here too seriously.

They are cut throat, have no mercy, and if a player has a bad stretch he is thrown in the garbage bin.

The guy you responded to was making this insightful observation just a few months ago:

"Horvat is a 'good' player and obviously the team was worse when he got hurt.
But he is ridiculously, shockingly overrated in this market and his year last year was very disappointing. "

Player Discussion - Antoine Roussel

Note how he put 'good' in quotes as if it were not true. Bo overrated? Perhaps the fans saw potential in the kid and were willing to give him rope during some of his struggles. Perhaps fans took into account that he came back from major injury. Look how things turned out, and look at how Bo is performing now. But of course, lets not give him any mercy if he has a rough patch.

His sidekick predicted that this would be the worst Canucks team in history and would not win a game till november. Cough.

Is it surprising that they have written off Lind after he has played 12 AHL games this year?

Keep this in mind as you read their comments.

Overrated is a relative term. Pettersson can be considered overrated if there's a large crowd of fans saying he's better than Matthews and McDavid, but he's still an amazing player.

Predicting outcome using trends based on recent & current data / information >>> using draft pedigree and unicorn benchmarks like Burrows. By the way, predictions have nothing to do what people hope for. If someone falls off a 20 story building, it's safe to predict he'll probably die from the fall but you'd hope he survives. I don't get the sense that anyone here who has pessimistic expectations of Lind wishes him to fail.

Reactions: Jyrki21

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
That would be pretty unusual, wouldn't it? So you're saying something like Baertschi+Lind for a prospect?

No I was thinking something like, if Edler was in a deadline deal, Lind could be bundled, and used to extract a better prospect and/or picks.

That said, I'm not giving up on Lind as a prospect, though it looks bleak. Just would look at any options that fit our long-term needs better.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
No I was thinking something like, if Edler was in a deadline deal, Lind could be bundled, and used to extract a better prospect and/or picks.

That said, I'm not giving up on Lind as a prospect, though it looks bleak. Just would look at any options that fit our long-term needs better.

Man did Lind ever sink as a prospect quickly. If he looks this bad how did they ever use a high 2nd on him and act thrilled he was there?

I wanted Hague personally with that pick.

Reactions: travis scott

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
The draft outside of the top 15-20 was supposed to be a dog's breakfast with a wide range of opinion. Our scouts just got it wrong which is going to happen. Doesn't mean he wasn't a good prospect at time of the draft either.

If Lind can pick up a step though - it's possible he could be a legit NHL prospect again.

It's another potential miss out of the WHL though. And although Woo is looking good (Canucks desperately need him to succeed) you have to wonder why we just can't seem to draft well out of the WHL.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
The draft outside of the top 15-20 was supposed to be a dog's breakfast with a wide range of opinion. Our scouts just got it wrong which is going to happen. Doesn't mean he wasn't a good prospect at time of the draft either.

If Lind can pick up a step though - it's possible he could be a legit NHL prospect again.

It's another potential miss out of the WHL though. And although Woo is looking good (Canucks desperately need him to succeed) you have to wonder why we just can't seem to draft well out of the WHL.
It was his WHLness that frightened me at the time we drafted him as much as his vanilla showings any time I watched him play when he was in Kelowna. And a WHL forward to boot.

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
Then you're blind. I literally wrote it out for you. Players of all sorts have a difficult time when they first reach the AHL. They're both BIG kids. Jake spent a season down there and had it tough the entire season. Jake then matured, and after his AHL experience he worked on things that he needed to improve on and he's become a better player. People writing off Lind after 13 games is a bit immature. If the kid doesn't start producing later this season and for sure by next, then I'll start to question him. Right now, sure it's a bit concerning, but many kids go through this and to declare the kid a bust... not yet. The same people who said that Horvat flatlined when many of us saw his still rising potential are also in here saying we need to trade kids 13 games into their professional career.

At the same age, Lind has better offensive instincts than Jake and is a better play maker. Jake has now recently become better as a play maker, but it wasn't something we were seeing at the same age as Lind.
Lind isn't THAT big, he is listed as 6'1 and 185lbs. That's pretty average for NHL players.
Not disagreeing with your other points though.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Not too worried bout his game, kids a 2nd round pick, if he becomes a good ahl player then it’s a win already. People are setting expectations too high it seems.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Thats a breath of fresh air in this thread, with common sense. I think we got way too hyped on Lind last year and he didnt immediately meet those expectations so everyone calls him bust now. But yeah he looks like could easy breasy be the classic example of late bloomer. So much talent last year and speed really wasnt too big a concern

This year it is so his time is clearly being taken away from him. Id give him more time, not every prospect follows the same progress path
The only people that got too hyped on Lind are the people that were saying he’s better than Cody Glass.

Reactions: 50 Sheas of Grey

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Not too worried bout his game, kids a 2nd round pick, if he becomes a good ahl player then it’s a win already. People are setting expectations too high it seems.

People around here were saying he was better than Glass. Can see that wagon flew off the cliff pretty quick and they’ve moved onto their new shiny toy - Jett Woo.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
People around here were saying he was better than Glass. Can see that wagon flew off the cliff pretty quick and they’ve moved onto their new shiny toy - Jett Woo.
Also those blindly insisting Benning has built "[one of the] best prospect pool(s) in the league" despite this being pretty clearly not true, or based on a completely uncomparative analysis seconds after the draft when everyone else also just got shiny new prospects.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Also those blindly insisting Benning has built "[one of the] best prospect pool(s) in the league" despite this being pretty clearly not true, or based on a completely uncomparative analysis seconds after the draft when everyone else also just got shiny new prospects.

It's funny because any one of us could have "built one of the best prospect pools in the league", and even better than the pool Benning has built, by simply doing nothing and holding onto our draft picks and prospects.

lawrence

May 19, 2012

Quotes please.

Also wtf is that even suppose to mean? Are Canuck fans not allowed to excited about their prospects ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad