Kitchener Rangers 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Cajan’s status for next season (per elite prospects) is a “loan” to the Czech2 league. I don’t know much about the comparison of European leagues to North American ones, and on top of it he’s a goalie, so this could be anything.

Jives

Jan 6, 2018
Not many times the Rangers have drafted an import and not talked to him and locked him before the draft. I imagine he is 99% coming. Great age for the goalie. 18 year old to grow this year / learn OHL / Canada and when we should be good next year he will be 19. Really like it as long as he pans out as an good to elite OHL goalie.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Not many times the Rangers have drafted an import and not talked to him and locked him before the draft. I imagine he is 99% coming. Great age for the goalie. 18 year old to grow this year / learn OHL / Canada and when we should be good next year he will be 19. Really like it as long as he pans out as an good to elite OHL goalie.

especially since there’s no chance of him being drafted this year with the late birthday. no NHL team telling him where to play. I have to imagine there’s more benefit playing in the CHL than the Czech 2nd league

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Excerpts from CZECH article TRANSLATED of course...
March 29, 2018, 8:55 am

"The younger teenagers of Liberec defeated the Litvínov 3: 2 series in a decisive duel and are heading for the final tournament. Each semifinal was decided by a single goal, with the Tiger goalkeeper Pavel Čajan showing fantastic performances every time. "I told Pavel after the match that I would build a monument to him. I insist, hat down in front of him, he's our best player. What he is showing is unreal, "coach Richard Lobo paid tribute to the number one."

"The key factor was the performance of Pavel Čajan, who performed fantastic performances throughout the series. On average, he achieved a success rate of 94.16% per match. "I told Pavel after the match that I would build a monument to him. I insist, hat down in front of him, he's our best player. What he is showing is unbelievable, "the Liberec coach smiled."

Reactions: East Avenue Bully

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
should he sign that will likely end Lucas Pfeil’s time as a Ranger. unfortunately can’t see an OHL team taking him on as an OA, but I’m sure he’d make a good USports goalie. I’m sure the Caledonia Corvairs would pay up too if he wants to play a full season of hockey

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Pavel Cajan

upload_2020-6-30_12-18-48.png

upload_2020-6-30_12-19-41.png

upload_2020-6-30_12-20-12.png

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Nick Malik and Lukas Parik also played in the Czech2 league, you can check out their Elite Prospects if you want some context on this pick and how other goalies transitioned from there to the CHL last season.

Jives

Jan 6, 2018
Rosters as of now. Really liking how 2021-22 is looking. We won’t spend assets this year and we could have ALL 12 forwards, 5 D and both goalies return. We will recoup some draft picks this year and we have a good bunch of maybe players (USA draft picks) that could improve us a lot by giving away nothing. If we get 2 of those guys added to the roster plus another 2 big name players in a trade in 2021-22 this team could be really good. Plus we will add a 2021 1st round pick and I’m guessing it will be a decently high pick in the 3rd to 8th overall range. I’m thinking 2021-22 will be very tough for other 16 year olds to make the team.

2020-21
Valade - Pinelli - McDonnell
Langdon - Petizian - Serpa
Sop - Fishman - Dickerson
Martin - LeBlanc - Swick

Vukojevic - Xhekaj
MacPherson - Sebrango
Wale - Motew
LeBlanc - Ottavainen

Cajan
Parsons

2021-22 (go for it year)

Valade 19 - Pinelli 18- McDonnell 19
Langdon 19 - Petizian OA - Serpa 19
Sop 18 - Fishman 18 - Dickerson OA
Martin 18 - LeBlanc 17 - Swick 17

Xhekaj OA - Sebrango 19
Motew 18 - Ottavainen 19import
LeBlanc 17 -

Cajan 19import
Parsons 17

Last edited:

SYWTom

Dec 10, 2016
Adding two quality goaltending prospects was a great move IMO. Parsons can push Cajan and vice-versa plus it means we’ll have a capable backup in the contending year, even though they are young.

Reactions: Rangers True Blue

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
the addition of Cajan should allow MM to add another OA to start off the season to round out the top 6. right now I’d have Pinelli, Petizian, McDonnell, Valade and Langdon locked in as top 6 forwards. after that, the next best bets would be Serpa or Fishman, but I don’t think either of them are quite ready for top 6 minutes. I also can’t see Andrew LeBlanc stepping right into it like Pinelli did.

they can probably make a cheap deal with a team like Peterborough or Sudbury who each need to unload 3 OAs or more. I’d propose Brady Hinz from the Petes or Nolan Hutcheson from Sudbury. both had 28 points last season. start the season with:

Langdon-Pinelli-McDonnell
Hutcheson-Petizian-Valade
Sop-Serpa-Fishman
Martin-LeBlanc-Dickerson/Swick

Vukojevic-Sebrango
MacPherson-Ottavainen
Xhekaj-Motew/Wale
LeBlanc

Cajan
Parsons

if Vukojevic or one of the OA D aren’t moved prior to the season starting, I assume we will see some more 11 F 7 D games. I’m more content sitting 2 of Dickerson/Martin/Swick than sitting 2 of Wale/Motew/J. LeBlanc

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I think we’ll see Dickerson moved out to make room for a younger player with upside who can bring as much or more this year.

I think Vukojevic is moved by the deadline for obvious reasons. Find the best fit for him. Preferably the Memorial Cup host team as I think we’d like to get him every opportunity to go out of this league a winner.

I think we’ll see at least one of the OA D moved (whichever player we can get the most for in trade) before the start of the season to give the younger D the minutes they should get in a rebuilding year.

I agree Pfiel’s days here are done with the addition of Cajan. Move on to the CIS (or whatever they call it these days) and get a head start on his earned education.

I agree we see an (inexpensive) OA F brought in to aid in leadership and to fill out the top six.

I don’t see a need to force a third OA into the lineup. Go with one F and one D. We’re rebuilding with an eye on contending in 21-22. Give the youth as many development minutes as possible. Keep in mind almost yearly we have an unexpected add either through FA or drafted player finally reporting.

I see us with Pinelli / Petizian down the middle and Langdon moved to the left side to get him into the top six. That allows the younger C’s development minutes at their position among the bottom six.

Post deadline:

Langdon. Pinelli. Valade.
OA. Petizian. MacDonnell.
Sop. Serpa. Fishman.
Martin. Leblanc. Swick.
FA or draftee?

MacPherson. Sebrango.
Ottavainen. Xhekaj.
Motew. Leblanc.
FA or draftee?

Cajan
Parsons

Going into 21-22, we’d have a solid top six once we bring in a ringer, up to or at the deadline, to fill the spot the OA fills next year.

Reactions: Rangers True Blue

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015

New Eric Guest video.
He made some great points throughout this video. I thoughts on coaching and the hiring process were especially good to hear.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
I was cleaning out the basement, and found one of those green, metal street signs of "the AUD". Probably a nice collectible for a Rangers fan. (No it's not stolen and is in excellent condition). Drop me a line if you're interested. You'd have to pick it up in London, MatthewsMoustache??
My friend "Ward Cornell" always gets first dibs!
No charge

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
I was cleaning out the basement, and found one of those green, metal street signs of "the AUD". Probably a nice collectible for a Rangers fan. (No it's not stolen and is in excellent condition). Drop me a line if you're interested. You'd have to pick it up in London, MatthewsMoustache??
No charge
I think I will pass on this....I'm getting too much grief from the Missus on my "Ragged Ass Rd" street sign I got in Yellowknife! :)

Reactions: Torgo and nelli27

SYWTom

Dec 10, 2016
No charge

totally interested and I live fairly close in Ingersoll!

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
From OHL Prospects........
View attachment 352907

I trust that MM isn’t taking a shot in the dark on some random flyer goalie, but I also don’t want to say I think he’s going to be the next Jacob Ingham or John Gibson, as I hadn’t even heard of him or the team he played for until June 30th.

With imports, especially guys (even more especially goalies) that haven’t even been eligible to be NHL drafted yet or aren’t highly touted, it’s really just wait and see. if you get an NHL drafted 19 year old you know there’s at least something there. it was the same thing with Ville last season. wasn’t projected to be a high end NHL pick so there wasn’t too much about him, and 34 points in 49 games in the U18 Sm-Sarja Finnish league means absolutely nothing to us in terms of how he will make out in the OHL.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
I trust that MM isn’t taking a shot in the dark on some random flyer goalie, but I also don’t want to say I think he’s going to be the next Jacob Ingham or John Gibson, as I hadn’t even heard of him or the team he played for until June 30th.

With imports, especially guys (even more especially goalies) that haven’t even been eligible to be NHL drafted yet or aren’t highly touted, it’s really just wait and see. if you get an NHL drafted 19 year old you know there’s at least something there. it was the same thing with Ville last season. wasn’t projected to be a high end NHL pick so there wasn’t too much about him, and 34 points in 49 games in the U18 Sm-Sarja Finnish league means absolutely nothing to us in terms of how he will make out in the OHL.

Based on MM's track record so far, let's hope they had some pretty good intel on Cajan. But agreed....it's a wait and see situation. Being a rebuild year, likely the best time to get a Cajan and Parsons in the net and see who rises to the occasion.

Reactions: rangersblues
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad