Kitchener Rangers 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Rangers just never seem to have any gas in the tank on these 3 in 3 weekends in the last game. Windsor seemed fresh yet they played last night. The Spits had a ton of great scoring chances and blew right past the Ranger defense on several occasions. Ranger came away with a point in this game but were lucky. Good thing they had Ingham in net. Could have used Hawel and Pinelli in this game for sure.

Reactions: rangersblues

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Didn't have their usual pop....occasionally did.....and certainly started the 3rd off that way. And never mind crap D....the crap officiating was even worse. Was that their 3rd of three? :D

Windsor coming off playing at a higher level....Kitchener coming off playing lower level.....and that showed as well. Saying all that, the post in OT could have won it for the Rangers but Windsor found the net after.

Here's hoping Hawel and Pinelli return on Friday.........

Last edited:

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
Valade needs to make better choices. I love him as much as anyone here.........speed to burn and a great shot. But too many times he stops to make a pass to open ice or the opposing team. Definitely part of his game that needs to be worked on.

Maybe it's the Ranger way. Really dreading those light, flip passes across the entire width of the ice. When it works, like against the weaker teams, it looks impressive. But the better teams, such as tonight, see it coming and often intercept.

Flashes of what Noel can do were seen tonight. Was not impressed in the first couple of games but I know feel it is worth the wait for a couple more to gel.

Meireles and Damiani definitely looked tired to me. X man just keeps getting better. Loved the one-timer for the goal and solid defensive play.

Reactions: Rangers True Blue

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
starting to think maybe Ville is the 7th defence on the depth chart? Xhekaj might not necessarily be as good as he is, but he brings what the team needs in a tough shutdown guy who can move the puck out

SYWTom

Dec 10, 2016
First period Windsor ran the same zone entry over and over and it worked every time. Carry the puck to the boards and suck a D-man over to you, chip it over to the trailing forward who always beat our third guy back to the zone and have yourself a little 2-on-1.

Our forwards were hanging the defence out to dry with their lazy back check.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
starting to think maybe Ville is the 7th defence on the depth chart? Xhekaj might not necessarily be as good as he is, but he brings what the team needs in a tough shutdown guy who can move the puck out
I have not been the biggest Xhekaj fan but I'll admit he has been really good the past couple of weeks. He is coming into his role a little better!

Reactions: Rangers True Blue

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
First period Windsor ran the same zone entry over and over and it worked every time. Carry the puck to the boards and suck a D-man over to you, chip it over to the trailing forward who always beat our third guy back to the zone and have yourself a little 2-on-1.

Our forwards were hanging the defence out to dry with their lazy back check.

Umm. When that happens over and over?

That’s coaching.

OhSheila

Aug 28, 2015
Kitchener
Windsor is a big, strong hard working team. They keep coming at you. I was impressed with their work ethic. They have 10 players with 10 goals or more, good D and good goaltending. They have earned their position in the standings.

They really took it to the Rangers in the first and the Rangers had a slow start. I thought Noel's fight might have sparked the Rangers but it didn't. Losing him for 17 minutes in the first sucked. I hate the instigator rule. The cheap shot by Will Cuylle is what instigated the fight. Serron responded to that and made him answer for it. The OHL needs to review what causes a fight.

Some good bounce back by the Rangers though and it took a lot to bounce back because Windsor didn't let up.

Serron Noel is going to be a nice addition. I think he's been trying a touch too hard to fit in and is passing when he could be shooting. Give him and Holden Wale some time to practice with the team and settle in a bit.

Even with the loss, there's a lot to be positive about.

Nice to see Damiani rewarded with a goal. Xhehaj continues to impress. Petizian scored a nice one and Johnny Y's 30th was a beauty.

Sure is some fun hockey to watch.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Windsor is a big, strong hard working team. They keep coming at you. I was impressed with their work ethic. They have 10 players with 10 goals or more, good D and good goaltending. They have earned their position in the standings.

They really took it to the Rangers in the first and the Rangers had a slow start. I thought Noel's fight might have sparked the Rangers but it didn't. Losing him for 17 minutes in the first sucked. I hate the instigator rule. The cheap shot by Will Cuylle is what instigated the fight. Serron responded to that and made him answer for it. The OHL needs to review what causes a fight.

Some good bounce back by the Rangers though and it took a lot to bounce back because Windsor didn't let up.

Serron Noel is going to be a nice addition. I think he's been trying a touch too hard to fit in and is passing when he could be shooting. Give him and Holden Wale some time to practice with the team and settle in a bit.

Even with the loss, there's a lot to be positive about.

Nice to see Damiani rewarded with a goal. Xhehaj continues to impress. Petizian scored a nice one and Johnny Y's 30th was a beauty.

Sure is some fun hockey to watch.
Thinking about Xhehaj last night and my memory is not the best but it seems every time the Spits play Kitchener Xhehaj scores. I guess he has our number.:)

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Holden Wale's first performance was left wanting?

wasn’t able to watch the whole game but that’s what I’ve heard. from what I understand, he got to Kitchener saturday night while they were in Barrie. so he had been there for less than a day and had met most (if not, all) of his teammates when he arrived at the rink for the Windsor game. no practices or anything with the 3 in 3 either so I’d chalk it up to that

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
wasn’t able to watch the whole game but that’s what I’ve heard. from what I understand, he got to Kitchener saturday night while they were in Barrie. so he had been there for less than a day and had met most (if not, all) of his teammates when he arrived at the rink for the Windsor game. no practices or anything with the 3 in 3 either so I’d chalk it up to that
For the most part the whole teams performance in this game was left wanting.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
Holden Wale's first performance was left wanting?

He played very limited minutes and looked very much like a guy who hasn't had the opportunity to practice with teammates yet.

I am not as down on the team after yesterday's game. I think playing with a short bench on a third game in 2.5 days showed up at times, but the compete was pretty strong after the first 10 minutes. I will live with the mistakes off the rush because it means we're an aggressive, pace-pushing team that is way more fun to watch. And if that leads to a few odd man rushes against or shots from the high slot, I'm okay with it, because that style has us 17-1-2.

Finally, a plug for Xhekaj. Count me in the group that thinks he should definitely not be the odd man out. Not only does he add a much needed physical/toughness element, but his skill level has improved tremendously. I don't know if anyone has watched closely, but his footwork is ten times better than when he arrived. His outlets are quick, hard and accurate. His brain processes the speed of the game well now and even his recoveries are strong and authoritative. I'll say this much... watching Kitchener, if I was an opponent, there are a few D on this roster I'd far rather be out against than him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad