Kitchener Rangers 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SYWTom

Dec 10, 2016
Nice to win a game we should win. Hope the team has safe travels and doesn’t risk anything with the weather being bad in Barrie already.

Stay safe Rangers Nation and enjoy the good times on East ave the rest of this season!

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
couldn’t watch tonight, how’d Serron look?

these first 2 games with him were write offs to me. 2 bottom feeder teams and he’s had 1 practice with his linemates and then one of his linemates couldn’t play either of the games.

tomorrow will be the real test of the weekend

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Would love to go 3 for 3 this weekend. London is in tough tomorrow having to travel to the SOO after a hard fought battle with Saginaw today. Could be a big opportunity to gain some extra space.

Reactions: rangersblues

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
the 17-18 team was better in a year where you had to be better to win. Sault lost in the final with Hayton, Frost, Katchouck, Sandin, Raddysh, Villalta, etc.

One thing that cant be forgotten about 17-18:

If not for injuries and Smith’s game six gaff vs the Soo, we likely win that series and maybe give Hamilton a harder time than the Soo did.

Culina was good, but not a high end #1. We’ll never know how we’d have fared with ADB in goal had he not been injured, but he was pretty damn good in the games he did play in.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
couldn’t watch tonight, how’d Serron look?

these first 2 games with him were write offs to me. 2 bottom feeder teams and he’s had 1 practice with his linemates and then one of his linemates couldn’t play either of the games.

tomorrow will be the real test of the weekend

I didn’t see the game tonight. But, I would’ve thought playing a couple bottom feeders would’ve been an opportunity for him to come up big. Just about every other big chip that changed teams at the deadline have had multiple points with their new teams thus far.

I’m with you though. Give him a week of practice with new line mates and he should arrive next weekend

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
I didn’t see the game tonight. But, I would’ve thought playing a couple bottom feeders would’ve been an opportunity for him to come up big. Just about every other big chip that changed teams at the deadline have had multiple points with their new teams thus far.

I’m with you though. Give him a week of practice with new line mates and he should arrive next weekend
one side of me thought he’d torch one of the teams of 17 year olds but I’m more so leaning towards that it might take a game like Guelph tomorrow that’s an intense, heartfelt game for him to get really engaged and start putting the puck in the net

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
of the teams that will likely finish as the bottom 4 in the west (Soo, Erie, Sarnia, Owen Sound) who would you like to see in the first round? I want a revenge series with the Soo where instead of it going to 7 they pummel them every game for what happened last time. lol.

I also know who I don’t want, and that’s Owen Sound. they’re a team that gives everyone trouble in the playoffs no matter what their situation is. they were the only team that beat the Knights between the 2016 playoffs and Mem Cup.

Sarnia is also a no. not because I’m afraid they’d lose, but they have Kelton Hatcher running around in what seems like his 36th and last year on Sarnia just trying to hurt players. he’s got nothing to lose.

Erie would be fun with the bad blood. Kitchener’s had their number and adding Kyen Sopa shouldn’t change that by much. but what I hope would be a beatdown on the Soo is on top of my list

jjhound

Oct 17, 2016
of the teams that will likely finish as the bottom 4 in the west (Soo, Erie, Sarnia, Owen Sound) who would you like to see in the first round? I want a revenge series with the Soo where instead of it going to 7 they pummel them every game for what happened last time. lol.

I also know who I don’t want, and that’s Owen Sound. they’re a team that gives everyone trouble in the playoffs no matter what their situation is. they were the only team that beat the Knights between the 2016 playoffs and Mem Cup.

Sarnia is also a no. not because I’m afraid they’d lose, but they have Kelton Hatcher running around in what seems like his 36th and last year on Sarnia just trying to hurt players. he’s got nothing to lose.

Erie would be fun with the bad blood. Kitchener’s had their number and adding Kyen Sopa shouldn’t change that by much. but what I hope would be a beatdown on the Soo is on top of my list
Be careful what you wish for. The Hounds now likely have the best goalie tandem in the league with Malik and Brkin. While we would be huge underdogs, they are capable of stealing games, not sure about 4 though.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Be careful what you wish for. The Hounds now likely have the best goalie tandem in the league with Malik and Brkin. While we would be huge underdogs, they are capable of stealing games, not sure about 4 though.
Getting an opponent that you match well against is really important for the top seeds this year. Last year's first playoff round had 8 series all finishing in 5 games or less. I don't expect that, at least in the West. In fact, all 4 series in the West might go 6-7 games.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I’d love to get to as many road games as possible. Therefore, being selfish, I’d like a closer opponent. Couple that with having a sketchy post season history in Owen Sound, I may want to see Sarnia in the first round.

Reactions: rangersblues

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017

Or look at it this way, these WERE practice games in real game situations...
The sooner he gets out there and gets used to Ranger play the better. Add in Hawel. The goals will come.

Reactions: EvenSteven

SYWTom

Dec 10, 2016
What are the roads like in Kitchener? Driving from out of town for the game, wondering if the games gonna be cancelled or safe to get to

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
What are the roads like in Kitchener? Driving from out of town for the game, wondering if the games gonna be cancelled or safe to get to
I haven't been on the roads - just shoveled the driveway.
In town doesn't appear to be a problem. I think we got more ice pellets than freezing rain - guessing maybe 2 cm. We may have been on the edge of worse though depending where you're coming from.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
I haven't been on the roads - just shoveled the driveway.
In town doesn't appear to be a problem. I think we got more ice pellets than freezing rain - guessing maybe 2 cm. We may have been on the edge of worse though depending where you're coming from.
Roads are slick in places but the drivers in KW has taken their customary 3 months adjustment to winter driving so be careful.
By early April they will get the hang of it.....rinse, wash and repeat.

Matttheleaf

Apr 18, 2019
Does anyone know what happens to Pinelli? I was watching last night but I missed what happened to him.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
didn't see what happened to Pinelli. he's been great against lighter competition since being put on the 3rd line.

but we can't focus on what they don't have. big game against Windsor. have to expose their weak backend. they have a lot of big, slow D men and their goalies are subpar

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
Wow. Our defensive zone coverage is pure coverage is pure crap again today. The 3rd goal was 3 Windsor players and 5 Rangers back. No one covers anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad