Kitchener Rangers 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
What do you guys think are the odds Ingham gets the start in Flint tomorrow? Start Pfeil, just to make sure Ingham stays fresh for playoffs (I’m looking out for you guys!) and we can both take a ton of penalties because Flint’s PP could use some work too.

I agree. I see Ingham going vs Flint. Actually, with the division so tight, and the top seed so valuable, we’re going to see very little of Pfiel going forward. We have no 3 in 3’s left. You may see Pfiel get a start when we have a 3 in 4 vs the lesser opponent.

Ingham was a workhorse last year so he’ll have no issue handling the workload.

Reactions: JoelKRangers

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
Without Ingham and 16 seconds of Petizian, we lose this one. I am still a bit worried. Top 2 lines seemed off and Noel continues NOT to impress me. Keep telling myself to give it time but time is running out. Even Meireles looked flustered in this game. Maybe it's time to give Fish and Dicker a bit more ice time....as well as more ice time for some other refs. Not well officiated. Three unsportsman like conduct penalties to the Rangers. Either we need to rein it in or give those men a tissue.

But on the glass half full side, our PK is looking great. Killed about 6 minutes of 3 on 5. Cross our fingers that Ingham stays healthy. It is also comforting to know that we can win games in many different ways............score a ton of goals, low scoring ones, leaning on our 3rd and 4th lines. Hey, we are spoiled now but 2 points is 2 points. Go Rangers!

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
The Attack played a solid game last night. We all saw Ingham and Petizian won this game for the Rangers. Rangers aren't hitting as much in the last few games for some reason. Attack coach seemed to be wise to the Ranger's system. It seems a strong fast forecheck on the Rangers hems them in their end. They have to get on pucks quicker and move it a little sharper in the defensive end. Got beat constantly to pucks the whole game in their end 5 on 5. Have to get back to being more aggressive. The big guys have to play like big guys. Got away with one last night IMO.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Kings fan here...
Does Ingram look ready to play in the AHL? Because that seems to be the plan for next season!
A little breakdown on his style of play, overall play and a pro player comp from you guys would be greatly appreciated.. thanx in advance

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
I kept waiting for the Rangers top two lines to step it up last night but it never really happened. True that the OS forecheck was aggressive in all zones but the boys had better get used to it. Playoffs are not going to be a picnic. Let's see how they do against Flint. No excuses. They had better bring their best stuff.

And please make some PP adjustments...too much passing and giving the opposition too much time to set. Something has to give here. Just not good enough especially with the chances they had last night.

Kudos to Petizian...he's on fire on that 3rd line along with team mates Pinelli and McDonnell. Sebrango is a beast. Wale is fitting in nicely. Is it time to put a 4th line together and forget the extra D? Thoughts?

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Kings fan here...
Does Ingram look ready to play in the AHL? Because that seems to be the plan for next season!
A little breakdown on his style of play, overall play and a pro player comp from you guys would be greatly appreciated.. thanx in advance
I'd like to say "no" so Rangers can have one more season with him. :naughty: He's a wonder to watch!! BUT I'm sure my fellow Ranger posters will give you the full lowdown. And I don't think we will see him again after this season. :(

Reactions: kings11

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
And please make some PP adjustments...too much passing and giving the opposition too much time to set. Something has to give here. Just not good enough especially with the chances they had last night.

Time to change things up in the PP. On the Ranger tv telecast last night, they said our PP was 15th in the league. That’s dismal for a first place team.

Why not go with our current top two lines as PP units? Have Bergkvist out there for the whole two minutes with each of Vukojovic and Sebrango on the other point.

1st unit
Meireles. Hawel. Noel.
Bergkvist. Sebrango.

2nd unit
Damiani. Yantsis. Valade.
Bergkvist. Vukojovic.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
Seems like less and less games are being covered by Rogers and Cogeco. Also it appears to me that Josh Brown isn't travelling to many of the away games also now.

I have noticed this too. Brown is not totally alone on that in the league as fewer people are willing to pay for good journalism anymore so newspaper budgets are extremely tight. Discretionary travel is an obvious saving.

I am very disappointed in the TV bit though. It's 2020. There is no reason whatsoever to have less access to televised games now than we did 10 years ago. I think the OHL needs to re-evaluate that business model. Not too many subscribers to their over-priced service. Make it cheap and reasonable and grow access exponentially.

Mar 12, 2009
Seems like less and less games are being covered by Rogers and Cogeco. Also it appears to me that Josh Brown isn't travelling to many of the away games also now.
Rogers may as well shut down their local channel soon if they continue dropping games. It's the only reason I stuck with basic cable, sure won't be getting it when I move to a new place at this rate. Literally no one watches their trash political talk show, their cooking shows or Giavani & Me. They'd be better off broadcasting static until they have a game or a local city council meeting to show. Real frustrating.

SYWTom

Dec 10, 2016
I'd like to see Meireles and Yantsis together on the PP

They are both currently on the first unit of:
Damiani-Meireles-Hawel-Berkqvist-Yantsis

Second unit was I believe:
Noel - Valade - Pinelli - Sebrango - Vukojevic

I think I’d try to change it up, maybe Sebrango to the top unit. Really wish we had that pure shooter on the team. Teams seem to have figured out the Yantsis play to him on the redirect from Damiani

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Rogers may as well shut down their local channel soon if they continue dropping games. It's the only reason I stuck with basic cable, sure won't be getting it when I move to a new place at this rate. Literally no one watches their trash political talk show, their cooking shows or Giavani & Me. They'd be better off broadcasting static until they have a game or a local city council meeting to show. Real frustrating.

The only reason, and I mean the ONLY reason I’m still with Rogers is the televised Ranger games. Whenever any other service calls with offers to switch, I ask them if they can get me these games. When they say “No” (because I know they can’t), I tell them I can’t leave Rogers but I would happily if anyone else could provide them.

But I’m with you, Rogers televise less and less games, and I’m out.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
They are both currently on the first unit of:
Damiani-Meireles-Hawel-Berkqvist-Yantsis

Second unit was I believe:
Noel - Valade - Pinelli - Sebrango - Vukojevic

I think I’d try to change it up, maybe Sebrango to the top unit. Really wish we had that pure shooter on the team. Teams seem to have figured out the Yantsis play to him on the redirect from Damiani

George Burnett and his staff figured it out going into last year’s post season. Other teams around the league likely have now too after watching those game tapes. This is likely why our PP hasn’t been a threat ever since the end of last season’s regular season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad