Kitchener Rangers 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SYWTom

Dec 10, 2016
Lots of rumours out there on the unverified sources via Twitter. But nothing on Kitchener.

For those in the sell camp, the one post says the goalie market is very thin. Guelph unlikely to trade Daws. Makes me think we could sell Ingham and get a ransom.

Reactions: EvenSteven

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Lots of rumours out there on the unverified sources via Twitter. But nothing on Kitchener.

For those in the sell camp, the one post says the goalie market is very thin. Guelph unlikely to trade Daws. Makes me think we could sell Ingham and get a ransom.

We can only hope. Sure we’re playing good now, but if we go into the sell camp and get good return, especially for our 2000’s, the future would be bright here in Kitchener.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
What is Justin Wu doing? Anyone know? Can't see that he's playing anywhere. Has he dropped out of hockey or is he focusing on his academics?

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
So as per Brown's article this morning......the disastrous play prior to MM taking over was not McKee.
A couple of tweaks and a fresh face will account for a couple of games but 10 in a row. And don't give me this "key players away at the Juniors". If all it takes is a couple of players out of the line up to be beaten then those teams have a problem. (excepting a goalie.......ie....Nico Daws) Anyway, in the next couple of weeks, we will know how MM is going to play it....hopefully, smart without giving away Rangers' future.

Reactions: Tim Wallach

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
we are about 2 weeks away from the deadline. OHLinsiders did an update a couple days ago and the Rangers were once again not mentioned. that either means they aren't doing anything, or he simply has nothing from them (let's hope for the latter)

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Yeah. One game played. 6 goals against. And that was months ago.

Either this guy is hurt, in a press box somewhere, at a lower level not recognized by hockeydb, or retired.
to me, it seems like he went to the NCDC, realized it wasn't for him (which is quite common, be it the hockey or education I'm not exactly sure) and is now stuck because all the Junior teams are either set on goalies or have filled their 03 cards up. Major midget teams are usually flexible in adding a player after the season starts, but it's a bit tougher to have 3 goalies than it is to carry 7 defence or 13 forwards.

We also know that the family is very focused on education, so there may be some offers on the table that just don't cut it education wise. lower-level junior teams aren't putting kids in the educational position that the OHL/NCDC are

Mein Yak

Jan 5, 2019
In browns article he mentions about adding size up front and there is one team with loads of size up front and should be selling at this years deadline, North Bay. The two players I would target are Mason Primeau and Brandon Coe. The bonus of these two is that both are most likely to be back for OA season. I imagine that Primeau would be more costly of the two because he’s drafted however he has only produced 59 points in 156 games. Meanwhile Coe has produced 88 points in 158 games. I believe a fair price for one of these two would be 3x3rds (I based this off of the Cole Carter deal which was 2x3rds and a 6th). Although I do disagree with brown about bringing in a defenseman. Since we currently have seven and I think they all deserve to play every night. However if we are to trade for one I would be okay with Jacob LeGuerrier. There’s a good chance that he’s back for an OA year and could slide into a 3rd line pair in my opinion because the recent pairing of Bergkvist and MacPherson I really like and Sebrango with Vukojevic I really like as well. I imagine that LeGuerrier would cost us 2x3rds and a 5th, LeGuerrier is a very similar to MacPherson however he is drafted so that's why I think he commands the same price for half time served. If we make these two deals it would add some size at both positions. In the end we keep a hold of all of our 2nds and only lose 5x3rds leaving us 4x3rds in the following 5 years however it is more important to me that we don't lose any of our remaining 2nds if we are not acquiring one of the bigger names available. This would also give us a good OA core next year being MacPherson, LeGuerrier and Primeau/Coe and would let us be decent next year. What are your opinions on these deals.

Reactions: Bra Wavers

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
In browns article he mentions about adding size up front and there is one team with loads of size up front and should be selling at this years deadline, North Bay. The two players I would target are Mason Primeau and Brandon Coe. The bonus of these two is that both are most likely to be back for OA season. I imagine that Primeau would be more costly of the two because he’s drafted however he has only produced 59 points in 156 games. Meanwhile Coe has produced 88 points in 158 games. I believe a fair price for one of these two would be 3x3rds (I based this off of the Cole Carter deal which was 2x3rds and a 6th). Although I do disagree with brown about bringing in a defenseman. Since we currently have seven and I think they all deserve to play every night. However if we are to trade for one I would be okay with Jacob LeGuerrier. There’s a good chance that he’s back for an OA year and could slide into a 3rd line pair in my opinion because the recent pairing of Bergkvist and MacPherson I really like and Sebrango with Vukojevic I really like as well. I imagine that LeGuerrier would cost us 2x3rds and a 5th, LeGuerrier is a very similar to MacPherson however he is drafted so that's why I think he commands the same price for half time served. If we make these two deals it would add some size at both positions. In the end we keep a hold of all of our 2nds and only lose 5x3rds leaving us 4x3rds in the following 5 years however it is more important to me that we don't lose any of our remaining 2nds if we are not acquiring one of the bigger names available. This would also give us a good OA core next year being MacPherson, LeGuerrier and Primeau/Coe and would let us be decent next year. What are your opinions on these deals.

I think you may be under valuing LeGuerrier. (I may have as well in a previous post) He may at or near the top of the list of teams looking for depth D. With that in mind, I think whoever gets him would have to give up a 2nd + to get him. Or, the Soo could hang onto him and bank on him playing an OA season.

Primeau and Coe are 01 born. They aren’t going anywhere.

Last edited:

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
Unless Hayton is returned, which is no sure thing, I'm not sure there's that many game changers to be traded. Certainly not showing it at the WJCs to date.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

I really doubt Coe (1st yr draft eligible) is traded. NB might be the league’s youngest team, has plenty of picks, and two open spots for OAs next season. NB could very well be top four in conference if they can make good on their import pick.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Xhekaj got a game misconduct. it's 2 and 10 for the instigator, so I worry something was said by him that the refs heard.

edit: box score says no game misconduct, 17 minutes worth of penalties which stretches longer than the 1st, hence Xhekaj going to the room

Last edited:

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
That’s three times this year that I’ve seen that Langdon has been lit up open ice. You’d think after last year’s open ice hit via Toropchenko; resulting in a concussion, he’d be more careful.

Dirty hits or not, he needs to keep his head up. Self preservation.

Mar 12, 2009
That’s three times this year that I’ve seen that Langdon has been lit up open ice. You’d think after last year’s open ice hit via Toropchenko; resulting in a concussion, he’d be more careful.

Dirty hits or not, he needs to keep his head up. Self preservation.
Maybe, but that was straight blindside. Putting blame on the player on that particular hit is a bad take imo.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
the lines are now:

Petizian-Meireles-Hawel
Valade-Damiani-Yantsis
Stepien-Serpa-McDonnell
Pinelli- -Fishman

wonder why Pinelli got demoted?

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014

I would certainly offer up Primeau for trade. Overrated and under performing!!

Mar 12, 2009
It was nice to see the players defend and stick up for eachother, and to not simply "take it" when the opposition gets rough. Under previous coaches, I don't think we see that aggression and push back, at least not to that extent. I hope this is a sign that the "squeaky clean for the whole family" play style/culture many believe Steve B implemented is on it's way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad