Kitchener Rangers 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
HFinally, a plug for Xhekaj. Count me in the group that thinks he should definitely not be the odd man out. Not only does he add a much needed physical/toughness element, but his skill level has improved tremendously. I don't know if anyone has watched closely, but his footwork is ten times better than when he arrived. His outlets are quick, hard and accurate. His brain processes the speed of the game well now and even his recoveries are strong and authoritative. I'll say this much... watching Kitchener, if I was an opponent, there are a few D on this roster I'd far rather be out against than him.

I have been watching him since someone mentioned that the only person on the team that rivals Meireles' speed was Xhekaj. What!!!? But he has certainly come a long way and has become one of our favourites. Just hope he does not get into too many fights as he is already at the suspension line. Do fights carry over into the playoffs?

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I have been watching him since someone mentioned that the only person on the team that rivals Meireles' speed was Xhekaj. What!!!? But he has certainly come a long way and has become one of our favourites. Just hope he does not get into too many fights as he is already at the suspension line. Do fights carry over into the playoffs?

The fights zero out going into the post season. Clean slate.

Let’s hope he uses them wisely if there are to be any in the post season.

Reactions: rangersblues

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
that was at the bag skate during training camp I believe.

Arber has been an absolute force of late. physical force, standing up for his teammates & putting up points. all while coming in at 6’3 205 pounds

Reactions: rangersblues

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
When they brought the first fight rule out (10 fights) they said fights would zero out going into the post season.

I assume that’s still the case.
I'm really not sure either but I thought I heard they just carry on sorta thing. Oh if the league would ever just put the rules on their website????????

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
There is a downloadable rule book on their site. 166 pages. But there is no indication as to the suspensions involved. I suppose this is league mandated and not part of the rule book?
Yes rule book is there but just really speaks to how the game is played and nothing on stuff like suspensions, trading, imports etc. The stuff all us diehards need!

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Windsor is a big, strong hard working team. They keep coming at you. I was impressed with their work ethic. They have 10 players with 10 goals or more, good D and good goaltending. They have earned their position in the standings.

They really took it to the Rangers in the first and the Rangers had a slow start. I thought Noel's fight might have sparked the Rangers but it didn't. Losing him for 17 minutes in the first sucked. I hate the instigator rule. The cheap shot by Will Cuylle is what instigated the fight. Serron responded to that and made him answer for it. The OHL needs to review what causes a fight.

Some good bounce back by the Rangers though and it took a lot to bounce back because Windsor didn't let up.

Serron Noel is going to be a nice addition. I think he's been trying a touch too hard to fit in and is passing when he could be shooting. Give him and Holden Wale some time to practice with the team and settle in a bit.

Even with the loss, there's a lot to be positive about.

Nice to see Damiani rewarded with a goal. Xhehaj continues to impress. Petizian scored a nice one and Johnny Y's 30th was a beauty.

Sure is some fun hockey to watch.
And actually that blast into the net by X was impressive. It was in before the goalie flinched.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
The fights zero out going into the post season. Clean slate.

Let’s hope he uses them wisely if there are to be any in the post season.

And last night, there were those on Windsor who knew X's dance card was over for the regular season. I thought he did well to laugh and walk away. Hey, a couple hard legal checks will do just as well. Glad to hear that he can step up during playoffs should it be needed.

Reactions: sbpointer

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Finally, a plug for Xhekaj. Count me in the group that thinks he should definitely not be the odd man out. Not only does he add a much needed physical/toughness element, but his skill level has improved tremendously. I don't know if anyone has watched closely, but his footwork is ten times better than when he arrived. His outlets are quick, hard and accurate. His brain processes the speed of the game well now and even his recoveries are strong and authoritative. I'll say this much... watching Kitchener, if I was an opponent, there are a few D on this roster I'd far rather be out against than him.

I’ve liked this guy since day one. Liked his game and thought he’d emerge as a force defensively and physically as time wore on.

Compared him to Frank Hora then and certainly looks to be a very good OHLer and eventual high end OA. He’ll wear a letter by then and it could be a “C” as Hora did.

There was a time (DeBoer era) when captains around here weren’t always the best player but a player who was very good and a character player to boot. I thought Petizian would wear the “C” as an OA and he still might. But it could very well go to Xhekaj the same way Fraser was named captain over a guy like McGrath.

OhSheila

Aug 28, 2015
Kitchener
Steve Bienkowski has done a great job.

He turned the franchise around on the ice by hiring DeBoer and Spott.

Memorial Cup championship and finalist while hosting.

Enhanced the Aud seating, Rangers facilities and Community giving and so much more.

Steady, calm, effective leadership, strategic planning with strong results, strong financial foundation.

You can't go anywhere in Kitchener and not see a Rangers hat, shirt, jersey, license plate. Well done Steve.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Steve Bienkowski has done a great job.

He turned the franchise around on the ice by hiring DeBoer and Spott.

Memorial Cup championship and finalist while hosting.

Enhanced the Aud seating, Rangers facilities and Community giving and so much more.

Steady, calm, effective leadership, strategic planning with strong results, strong financial foundation.

You can't go anywhere in Kitchener and not see a Rangers hat, shirt, jersey, license plate. Well done Steve.

He’s done all that but not without some criticism. Some justified. Especially over the last half of his tenure.

But I suppose the same could be said regarding many in the hockey world.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
He played very limited minutes and looked very much like a guy who hasn't had the opportunity to practice with teammates yet.

I am not as down on the team after yesterday's game. I think playing with a short bench on a third game in 2.5 days showed up at times, but the compete was pretty strong after the first 10 minutes. I will live with the mistakes off the rush because it means we're an aggressive, pace-pushing team that is way more fun to watch. And if that leads to a few odd man rushes against or shots from the high slot, I'm okay with it, because that style has us 17-1-2.

Finally, a plug for Xhekaj. Count me in the group that thinks he should definitely not be the odd man out. Not only does he add a much needed physical/toughness element, but his skill level has improved tremendously. I don't know if anyone has watched closely, but his footwork is ten times better than when he arrived. His outlets are quick, hard and accurate. His brain processes the speed of the game well now and even his recoveries are strong and authoritative. I'll say this much... watching Kitchener, if I was an opponent, there are a few D on this roster I'd far rather be out against than him.
Good points Tim. Totally agree on Arbor. He has improved tremendously. He certainly has been playing above average. Just seems to have found his game and has to be slotted into the line up now.

Reactions: Tim Wallach
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->