Kitchener Rangers 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
I'd be curious to be in the rooms with the analytics staff to see where they place the most value.

I am curious to track goalies as well. Just because I want to know if Richardson is better then his stats suggest. Same with a goalie like Raaymakers. He's been a good ohl player but always seem to be questions about his skill
Just generalizing. It's crazy how some goalies no matter how much practice or ice they get are still inconsistent. Then there is the odd goalie that just seems perform on a higher level almost every game.
They just seem to get it. I think they are just born to be goalies.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
No disciplinary action for Toropchenko for his hit on Langdon. Shoot a puck out. Automatic 5. Go figure.

ONE GAME!!.....that will teach him a lesson.... (sure it will) Frankly, if a player is knocked out of playing due to a head check, the player who did it should be out right along with him. That might help cut down on this crap. But one game? Seriously. Makes no sense whatsover.

Reactions: bobber and OhSheila

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
ONE GAME!!.....that will teach him a lesson.... (sure it will) Frankly, if a player is knocked out of playing due to a head check, the player who did it should be out right along with him. That might help cut down on this crap. But one game? Seriously. Makes no sense whatsover.

Tony Saxon says no discipline. The game he sat out was as a "healthy scratch".

Head shots are non issues I guess. What is this league coming to??

Perhaps, in light of this, one of the Rangers should take their own "no suspension for head checking" against Toropchenko, or any other Storm player who happens to be in a vulnerable position next time we play the Storm.

Anyone have decent video of the hit? I was in the building but didn't get a good look.

Last edited:

OhSheila

Aug 28, 2015
Kitchener
Yep, OHL justice. Suspend Damiani for 5 games for an unintentional flip of the puck into the stands. Give no discipline to a frustrated player clearly intending to hurt an opposing player. He got a 5 minute penalty on the play!

What A Joke.

The OHL discipline team needs a complete overhaul. From taking way to long to announce disciplinary action to getting it so wrong. I hope the team Governors demand change that leads to improvement in this department.

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
Yep, OHL justice. Suspend Damiani for 5 games for an unintentional flip of the puck into the stands. Give no discipline to a frustrated player clearly intending to hurt an opposing player. He got a 5 minute penalty on the play!

What A Joke.

The OHL discipline team needs a complete overhaul. From taking way to long to announce disciplinary action to getting it so wrong. I hope the team Governors demand change that leads to improvement in this department.

I just want to see consistency.

If flipping a puck is an automatic 5 games, fine. Call that every time

If a slew foot is an automatic 2 games, call it everytime.

I just wish that if you suspend someone for a hit to the head, its the same everytime.

Automatic 5 games first offense, then 10, then 25.

Same with match penalties. 5 then 10 then 25.

Tired of seeing one guy get 2 games and another get 1 and then another get 5.

Sends the wrong message.

Mar 12, 2009
Flipping the puck 5, flipping the bird 2, head checking resulting in injury 0.

EDIT: Caught the end of Rogers new "get to the point" show and I have to say If that's the type of quality of programming we're starting to get to replace Rangers games we're losing (and other OHL teams losing games), woof. It's obviously a cheap, no cost show, but you get what you pay for as there was little value to be garnered from it imo.

Last edited:

moose311

Dec 30, 2015
Are the Ststs available for the number of shorthanded goals scored against the Rangers this year and how this impacts on their power play goals percentage and comparison to others. The true success of a PP needs to also account for goals for and against (similar to the 5 on 5 stat) in order to properly compare it to the 5 on 5 stat.

Ontario Hockey League – Official Site of the Ontario Hockey League - this link has the power play percentages, and includes a column for shorthanded goals allowed. It's doesn't do any fancy math like you're suggesting though.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Ontario Hockey League – Official Site of the Ontario Hockey League - this link has the power play percentages, and includes a column for shorthanded goals allowed. It's doesn't do any fancy math like you're suggesting though.
Agree moose. ( If you are a real moose it's okay. I have old timers:) and its' allowed) The game is played on the ice not on paper. Paper graphs shows the results of what happened in previous games. There are thousands of volumes of stats. None of these would have helped the Rangers last night. They were schooled by a skilled team in contention. They buried their chances and the Rangers could really do nothing in this one to prevent it.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Just generalizing. It's crazy how some goalies no matter how much practice or ice they get are still inconsistent. Then there is the odd goalie that just seems perform on a higher level almost every game.
They just seem to get it. I think they are just born to be goalies.
I suspect the greatest attribute a goalie has is mental focus and toughness. (Well....actually for most high level athletes. Physically very little separates the greats to the grunts)

Reactions: bobber

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Quick turnaround after last nights blowout. Should the Hounds be worried? Will the Rangers storm out of the gates?
Perhaps, in light of this, one of the Rangers should take their own "no suspension for head checking" against Toropchenko, or any other Storm player who happens to be in a vulnerable position next time we play the Storm.
Gotta call you out on this. Please, please, please never advocate for this, even if you were joking (didn't see the /s).

Sorting stuff out with legal hits or a good hockey fight when the refs don't is fair game. Calling for dangerous play is not.

Reactions: MediaCritic

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Quick turnaround after last nights blowout. Should the Hounds be worried? Will the Rangers storm out of the gates?

Gotta call you out on this. Please, please, please never advocate for this, even if you were joking (didn't see the /s).

Sorting stuff out with legal hits or a good hockey fight when the refs don't is fair game. Calling for dangerous play is not.

Sorry bud. Just some sarcasm.
:)

Reactions: Rangers True Blue

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Rangers got their Butts singed last night. Tonight they beat one of the better teams in the league. One thing they did was keep moving their legs the whole game. If you take a shift off the Soo will burn you. Burchell was Burchell but he is part of the game.

Last edited:

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
I thought this was one of Valade's better games of the season. He was constantly in on the for-check, got back on D, and looked confident with the puck!
Good post robertmac43. Valade has stepped up his game recently. He has made a few smart plays. Looks good going forward. I think he will make an impact next season.

Reactions: robertmac43

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017

And now we learn the Langdon is OUT until mid-March...maybe more. So again, ONE GAME for an obvious and seemingly intentional head check. But accidentally flip a puck over the glass and you immediately receive 5 GAMES.....5. I just don't get it. The OHL needs to give themselves a head check.

Reactions: three dog night
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad