Kitchener Rangers 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus
LV opposing fans always say the same thing. Nothing new. It's like ground hog day on these forums when someone gets a concussions and opposing fans say the hit was clean. The league ruled on it. Do you think fans looking at a video will help Langdon heal any faster?
Obviously you admitted not seeing the hit. Will it really help anyone to relive the cheap shot on a rookie? I have my doubts. Keep looking for a video if you like. Not going to change a damn thing.

Again, Bobber, you call it a cheap shot. If there’s one thing we can agree on, it’s that it is like Groundhog Day on these forums.

Sorry to interrupt your thread.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
LV opposing fans always say the same thing. Nothing new. It's like ground hog day on these forums when someone gets a concussions and opposing fans say the hit was clean. The league ruled on it. Do you think fans looking at a video will help Langdon heal any faster?
Obviously you admitted not seeing the hit. Will it really help anyone to relive the cheap shot on a rookie? I have my doubts. Keep looking for a video if you like. Not going to change a damn thing.

Truth be told, I'd like to see a replay of the video to see where the justification came from for the league not to suspend.

I was at the game, thought I saw a blatant headcheck and am now surprised there wasn't a lengthy suspension. Now I'm wondering if it was me who missed something or the league.

I want to see a replay for that reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirty12

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Truth be told, is like to see a replay of the video to see where the justification came from for the league not to suspend.

I was at the game, thought I saw a blatant headcheck and and now surprised there wasn't a lengthy suspension. Now I'm wondering if it was me who missed something or the league.

Even my point in this is the league ruled on it and in their opinion it wasn't worth a suspension. Regardless of that fact I still think it was a cheap shot on a rookie and I hope the Ranger players remember what happened to Langdon. Really water under the bridge despite our opinions but whatever. As fans our opinions only matter on this forum no matter what side of the coin we are on.

Reactions: EvenSteven

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
It's really not a huge issue. It would just be nice if we as fans had some more angles and closer ones of goals etc. I sit in the early reds and sometimes the replay angles are just too high up to really enjoy the goal.

I know it's not really a huge issue, it would just be an added luxury to have some better angles and more cameras.
I agree with this because we sit low in the corner behind the glass along the goal line. The corner at the opposite end is really a blind spot and we sometimes look at the scoreboard to see the play there. It does have it's uses. The advertisements and silly games to get fans involved I could do without but some like it. Coaches and players on both teams look up at it when goals are scored or looking for off side goals and such. On a side note we sit behind the glass so we don't get hit with pucks. Despite that there have been two ladies hit in the face with pucks in the last two years within five feet of us. One two weeks ago got hit right above the eye breaking her glasses and cutting her for 11 stitches. Keep your heads up.

Reactions: Ward Cornell
Mar 12, 2009
Truth be told, is like to see a replay of the video to see where the justification came from for the league not to suspend.

I was at the game, thought I saw a blatant headcheck and and now surprised there wasn't a lengthy suspension. Now I'm wondering if it was me who missed something or the league.

I watched from home and got to see a couple angles via replay. The storm broadcaster thought it was a bad hit. It was a bit late and high, the only reasoning I can see for no discipline is that he may have caught him in the upper chest/front shoulder area, with more of the damage being done as a result of becoming somewhat airborne and falling hard to the ice. If that is how they saw it, it still seems like the type of hit that gets a game or two given it was fairly late and seemed close to a charge.

Reactions: bobber

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus
Truth be told, I'd like to see a replay of the video to see where the justification came from for the league not to suspend.

I was at the game, thought I saw a blatant headcheck and am now surprised there wasn't a lengthy suspension. Now I'm wondering if it was me who missed something or the league.

Northernstormfan provides direction to a location where there is video Steven. His post is over in the Storm HF board.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Rangers played a great game today. Missy has a decent squad and had some real decent scoring chances that the Rangers got lucky on. Entertaining game for sure. Joey G. was a human buzz saw:bee:

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
I was looking at the league websites and made out a promising stat:

2 teams have 3 or more players in the top 20 02-born scoring. Kitchener and Windsor. Sebrango, Langdon, Valade/Cuylle, Foudy, McDonald.

MM has his foundation. He's gonna need a lot more to keep up with what Windsor already has, but this is a start. I'm starting to think 2021-22 might be the year though. That will be the prime year for the 02s. there's also a possibility that the likes of A-level prospects like Cuylle, Foudy, Stranges, Byfield, etc. have moved on to bigger and better things.

A core of Valade, Langdon, Sebrango, an OA core of Petizian, Xhekaj, Stepien (or trade for another one if he is to be gone by then). the possibility of 2 good imports, a trade or 2 for some more high-end scoring.

Obviously it's hard to tell as the majority of guys in the league now won't even be eligible at this point in time and there will be a lot of factors up until this point. just a thought, though

Reactions: Rangers True Blue

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Rangers played a great game today. Missy has a decent squad and had some real decent scoring chances that the Rangers got lucky on. Entertaining game for sure. Joey G. was a human buzz saw:bee:

Solid game against a team that was HOT up to now. The Meireles bounce was lucky but the other goals were well executed. Chances at both ends but Richardson seemed to be tracking better and went after the puck rather than waiting for it to come to him.

Valade is looking better and better every game. And the D joining the rush added to the speed. Some missed opportunities by the boys but on the whole, a good outing.

Reactions: OhSheila

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Solid game against a team that was HOT up to now. The Meireles bounce was lucky but the other goals were well executed. Chances at both ends but Richardson seemed to be tracking better and went after the puck rather than waiting for it to come to him.

Valade is looking better and better every game. And the D joining the rush added to the speed. Some missed opportunities by the boys but on the whole, a good outing.
Vuk seems to be talking a bigger role in the offence lately. Was impressed with Serbrango from day one and has been increasing every game!

Agree with Bobber that Meireles that it was intentional (didn't this happen a few games ago also with a goal being scored?), see it a cpl times a game without a goal being scored.

Reactions: EvenSteven

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Thank You Kitchener for knocking off the Soo. I imagine it's a real catch 22 for you all? You want to win of course but in the end helping London is probably not high on the "to do" list?

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
Nice couple bounce back wins.

That's kind of this Kitchener team's MO. They play well for a few games then completely mail one in where it looks like they haven't played hockey before. Then right back to decent. It's bizarre.

I attribute a lot of it to getting a save or two early. When they give up a couple early goals, it sparks the no-show.

rgr4life

Jan 9, 2017
That's kind of this Kitchener team's MO. They play well for a few games then completely mail one in where it looks like they haven't played hockey before. Then right back to decent. It's bizarre.

I attribute a lot of it to getting a save or two early. When they give up a couple early goals, it sparks the no-show.

I do prefer this to losing a bunch of one-goal games and thinking it's just a bounce or two and not changing anything.

Also, if my math is correct, the Rangers are 12-6-0-1 since the trade deadline.

Reactions: Tim Wallach

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario

Thx to Ward C, I'll be at the game on Friday--looking forward to meeting you, EvenS, and the other regulars on HBs. Already know Bobber! Should see him there...

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario

Tim:
I'll be in section 11, row I ("eye"). White Knights jersey, Horvat #53

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
Not a lot of chatter here for a game day? WE WON! Back to back against Missy. Took a 3-0 and held on to win 3-2. Joey hot as of late. Damiani also being himself after, what I thought, he was in bit of a funk for a couple games. Please, let's take it to the Knights!

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Not a lot of chatter here for a game day? WE WON! Back to back against Missy. Took a 3-0 and held on to win 3-2. Joey hot as of late. Damiani also being himself after, what I thought, he was in bit of a funk for a couple games. Please, let's take it to the Knights!

School day games blow. Please OHL, don't include the Rangers in any more of these.

Especially road games that are close enough to go to on a weeknight after work. Family day in Kingston was one thing. At least that one was far enough away not to go to and on a holiday.

Today's game should've been a 7pm start.

Medway Bear

Sep 8, 2011
School day games blow. Please OHL, don't include the Rangers in any more of these.

Totally agree. It is bad enough when they are in Erie for a morning game, but I can live with that as I am unlikely to go to Erie. Mississauga is an easy trip though. There are always a good number of Rangers fans there when it is on a Sunday afternoon.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
so how many more times are they gonna make Farwell and Pope say “and Guest wasn’t feeling well on the eastern road swing” in their injury reports. it’s been 2.5 weeks since he’s played and it’s happened a few times this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad