Kitchener Rangers 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerDanger

Jun 23, 2012
Insights into the timing of the Rules violation to the OHL against the Ice Dogs and its investigation into the allegations finding the allegations to be supported but which was concluded 8 month prior tho the OHL meting out sanctions.

https://www.tsn.ca/ohl-s-icedogs-st...-player-investigation-finds-1.1275918?tsn-amp

One can only speculate as to the reasons for the 8 month delay to impose the fines during which time the Ice Dogs went all in which would maximize their gate revenues potentially prior to any fine being due.

Reactions: three dog night

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Insights into the timing of the Rules violation to the OHL against the Ice Dogs and its investigation into the allegations finding the allegations to be supported but which was concluded 8 month prior tho the OHL meting out sanctions.

https://www.tsn.ca/ohl-s-icedogs-st...-player-investigation-finds-1.1275918?tsn-amp

One can only speculate as to the reasons for the 8 month delay to impose the fines during which time the Ice Dogs went all in which would maximize their gate revenues potentially prior to any fine being due.
Or the league gave the Ice Dogs a chance to defend themselves against the charges?

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Been to a bunch of Whitby Fury games this year and Dakota Betts is a legit OHL D-man. I could easily see him in the OHL as soon as next year

it’s not impossible but teams (especially one like Kitchener, London, Windsor) don’t tend to sign guys out of junior A or Junior B when they’re in their 3rd year of OHL eligibility

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
it’s not impossible but teams (especially one like Kitchener, London, Windsor) don’t tend to sign guys out of junior A or Junior B when they’re in their 3rd year of OHL eligibility
Would definitely be an upgrade on a guy like Rupoli. And he’s younger than him

Mein Yak

Jan 5, 2019
This is how I would like the Rangers to use there picks

Round 1
I ideally would like to get a forward with some size and skill. If Stuart Rolofs is still avalible at pick 13 I would take him.
If Stuart Rolofs is not there I would take dman Artem Guryev.
Both of these player add size to our roster.

Round 2
Once agian in the second round I ideally would like to add more size to our roster.
If Kaleb Lawrence is still avalible at pick 36 I would lock that pick in very fast.
However if he is not I would take either Wyatt Johnston or Connor Punnett

Round 3
I would pick up the best avalible player. However if hometown boy Marko Sikic is still avalible I would scoop him up.

Round 4 and after I would take the best talent avalible

In the import darft with our 1st pick I hope it will be a goalie and the 2nd pick can be best avalible and will commit to the team.

Profiles
OHL Prospect Profile: Stuart Rolofs
OHL Prospect Profile: Artem Guryev
OHL Prospect Profile: Wyatt Johnston
OHL Prospect Profile: Connor Punnett
OHL Prospect Profile: Marko Sikic

Reactions: Tim Wallach

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
First off, Congrats to Johnny Yantsis. At the beg of the season, ward looked over to me and said he was going to pot 25 easily. Well he doubled that. Unreal and unreal to see the teams reaction.

PS Ward: sent over an email transfer 1 minute ago. Sorry we weren't able to meet for coffee or anything. Week got super busy.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
This team is starting to become very exciting. I among others were skeptical earlier in the year thinking that there wasn't going to be another year like last years for a long time. They are hopefully going to give Guelph a good push this year. Next season is going to be quite intriguing if they can get their guys back. A top 4 d-core of Vukojevic, MacPherson, Sebrango and (hopefully) an import or another NHL-drafted player through trade or free agency. Most of the top 9 forwards are expected to return with potential once again to add through trade or free agency. I think the Rangers owe it to the guys who have stepped up bigger than anyone could've asked of them

Also, it was discussed earlier on here, and makes a lot of sense now, is the possibility of Axel Andersson coming over. He is in the Allsvenskan, which to my understanding is the SHL's minor league. He finished the season with 5 points in 41 games, which is not par to his description of a good skating, puck moving defence. Assuming the NHL's minor league is a step up on that league, his numbers this year would suggest he is nowhere near ready for the AHL and a year to adjust to the smaller ice while playing 20+ minutes a night on a contender would be good for his development. Not to mention working with 2 former NHL defence in Jay McKee and Dennis Wideman as well as fellow Swede Andreas Karlsson. The pieces are definitely there for this to happen

Last edited:

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
This team is starting to become very exciting. I among others were skeptical earlier in the year thinking that there wasn't going to be another year like last years for a long time. They are hopefully going to give Guelph a good push this year. Next season is going to be quite intriguing if they can get their guys back. A top 4 d-core of Vukojevic, MacPherson, Sebrango and (hopefully) an import or another NHL-drafted player through trade or free agency. Most of the top 9 forwards are expected to return with potential once again to add through trade or free agency. I think the Rangers owe it to the guys who have stepped up bigger than anyone could've asked of them

Also, it was discussed earlier on here, and makes a lot of sense now, is the possibility of Axel Andersson coming over. He is in the Allsvenskan, which to my understanding is the SHL's minor league. He finished the season with 5 points in 41 games, which is not par to his description of a good skating, puck moving defence. Assuming the NHL's minor league is a step up on that league, his numbers this year would suggest he is nowhere near ready for the AHL and a year to adjust to the smaller ice while playing 20+ minutes a night on a contender would be good for his development. Not to mention working with 2 former NHL defence in Jay McKee and Dennis Wideman as well as fellow Swede Andreas Karlsson. The pieces are definitely there for this to happen

Interesting about Andersson. It would be nice for us to be able to bring him in next year. His stats look "promising" regarding his readiness for the NA pros. I wonder if this is a situation where he was just low on the depth chart or he actually did struggle.

Bottom line though, if he plays in Kitchener next year, he'll get massive minutes in all situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad