Player Discussion Kirill Kaprizov

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I was thinking about getting JEE locked up first. I think of him as important as Fiala , though Fiala will get more. All three players do not have a sustained period of production, so it's not like Guerin doesn't have an argument to keep the price down on any of them.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
3 goals in the final 5 games would give him 27 goals on the season for a 40 goal pace.

might be a good idea to get Fiala locked up first. If we give Kirill 8.5, Fiala is going to look at his comparable ppg and age and ask for that two. Obviously, he won’t get it, but I could see him getting 7+ in that scenario. Similar to how Nylander and Marner started asking based on Matthews deal rather than league-wide comparables.

I have a feeling KK is going to be 6x9. Just looking at comparable contracts + what Gaborik was offered (and subsequently turned down) from the Wild. If the belief is this kid is going to be the real deal (and not go Bure/Yashin on it), pay him now because the Wild may not get the chance when he does eventually become a UFA....

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Coming into the season, I honestly think I would've been cool with this production if it was 82 games, as a transition-type year for him. 30ish goals, more goals than assists playing with a limited skill center, constant flashes of individual skill. For this to be done in 56 games is unreal.

Reactions: TaLoN and BagHead

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
Completely blows everything up. Salary cap structure is gone. But, WOW!!! Pay the guy, and if you have to roll with an inferior 4th line for 2 years, who cares. He's the real deal.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
One of those things is not like the other.

Wow, I didn't even realize he had passed away. Injuries EVERY single year...

Last edited:

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
Stutzle is 19 and KK is 24. Anyone that thought they'd have a similar season was lost.

The age argument is a lazy argument when it comes to statistics. For reference McDavid at 18 had 48 pts in 45 games, 1.06 ppg... Matthews was at 69 pts in 82 games, .84 ppg. Sure these guys are seen as generational talents, but Stutzle is at 26 pts in 50 games, .52 ppg and Kaprizov is at 47pts in 52 games, .90 ppg.

Panarin won the Calder with 77pts in 80, so .96 ppg. Really only one thing here is not like the other, and that is Stutzle. Still a great player with a bright future but handicapping the argument with age is just a lazy take.

Sure when he is 23/24 like Kaprizov his numbers might look even better than where Kap is right now, but it isn't an overall factor in voting.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Can someone make a case why Kaprizov shouldn't be considered for Hart Trophy finalist? McDavid will probably win, but Kaprizov can make a case as well.

"The Hart Memorial Trophy is an annual award given "to the player adjudged to be the most valuable to his team."

guitarhunterdude

Jan 2, 2017
'Sota
Can someone make a case why Kaprizov shouldn't be considered for Hart Trophy finalist? McDavid will probably win, but Kaprizov can make a case as well.

McDavid has a primary point on something approaching 50% of EDM goals this year, which is absolutely insane. Kaprizov isn't even in the top 10 league-wide in that regard, and if we're looking for some objective measure to constitute "value," that gets my vote.

Could I see him getting a token third- or fourth-place vote from someone? Sure. But not a finalist.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
McDavid has a primary point on something approaching 50% of EDM goals this year, which is absolutely insane. Kaprizov isn't even in the top 10 league-wide in that regard, and if we're looking for some objective measure to constitute "value," that gets my vote.

Could I see him getting a token third- or fourth-place vote from someone? Sure. But not a finalist.

I agree that McDavid is the far and away favorite....but who would be the other 2 finalists? Maybe Hedman and Matthews? Are they more valuable to their teams than Kaprizov is to the Wild?

guitarhunterdude

Jan 2, 2017
'Sota
I agree that McDavid is the far and away favorite....but who would be the other 2 finalists? Maybe Hedman and Matthews? Are they more valuable to their teams than Kaprizov is to the Wild?
Those would probably be my votes. Maybe throw in Barkov for flavor. And yes, I would say they are.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN

Kaprizov is tied 8th in goals scored in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad