Player Discussion Kirill Kaprizov

Status
Not open for further replies.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
It doesn’t always have to be a comparison, especially this early. He’s on pace for 37 goals in his first season in the NHL and he’s being pivoted by Victor Rask

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
It doesn’t always have to be a comparison, especially this early. He’s on pace for 37 goals in his first season in the NHL and he’s being pivoted by Victor Rask
Yes, but Rask is about the quality of BOTH of Gaborik's linemates back in 2000.

That said... you can't take anything away from Kaprizov's performance this year.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017

He has been playing in a league that many NHLers are playing in (Kovulchuk bounced back and forth between the leagues). If Gaborik played in a comparable league to the KHL when he was 18-22, then came to the NHL and his "rookie" year at age 23, that would be a fair comparison.

I am not saying that Kaprizov shouldn't get ROY this year, but I am saying compaying a 23yo Kap to a 18yo Gaborik is not entirely fair.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018

That said... you can't take anything away from Kaprizov's performance this year.
I wasn’t denying that. I was more saying: Kaprizov is on pace for 37 goals while playing with Rask. There’s still another level he can get to.

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
Swapping Rask for Bjugstad seems worth a try. I don't know if I'd expect a rabbit to come out of that hat but Bjugstad did have a few games centering that line and I thought he looked alright... maybe it was the beer?

Does Bugstad have any speed or play making ability? That line needs a Center so bad but the cupboard is bare.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
He has to be better than Rask.

Eeeehh...maybe? I wouldn't bet money on it. Worth a shot, I guess. Both players are pretty bad at losing possession. Both are slow. Both are weak, considering their size.
Yeah, it's definitely more of a "well it can't be worse" play. Bjugstad's had his best games keeping things simple on the 4th line, so I wouldn't expect him to be any sort of offensive catalyst. We'd probably all be sick of it after a game or two.

Mookie Blaylock

The in between is mine
Apr 16, 2014
Porch
Yeah, it's definitely more of a "well it can't be worse" play. Bjugstad's had his best games keeping things simple on the 4th line, so I wouldn't expect him to be any sort of offensive catalyst. We'd probably all be sick of it after a game or two.
At least he has size? So there is a 25% chance he comes out with the puck in the boards where Rask is 5%

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
I don't care much about the Calder, or any writers award. This guy is the real deal. His power play goal with Fiala tonight was an amazing display of skill from the two guys on the team that have that attribute. We know from watching what we got here.

He’s going to have some highlight package when the year is over. Especially if you include events that didn’t turn into goals.

Feels good to have someone like him in the fold finally. I do want to see him win the Calder though...

Reactions: Al Lagoon

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEMI!
Happy-Birthday-Wallpapers-22.jpg

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017

Can't even remember who Gabby's linemates were. But expansion team castaways makes what Gabby was doing as a teenager even more impressive.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Can't even remember who Gabby's linemates were. But expansion team castaways makes what Gabby was doing as a teenager even more impressive.

Pretty sure Walz centered Gaborik the majority of the time early in his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad