Jan 29, 2021
Is it working now?
Kirill scores after Kuznetsov faceoff win. Look 2.50

In IIHF2019 statistics 100 mph

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I was worried this might happen. Most of the people who get to vote for Calder are in Canada or the East. So the fact that none of our games are against either might hurt Kaprizov's visibility for winning the award.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
I was worried this might happen. Most of the people who get to vote for Calder are in Canada or the East. So the fact that none of our games are against either might hurt Kaprizov's visibility for winning the award.
I think name recognition plays a lot into awards too. The NHL has known about Kaprizov for years. He is now over here and is delivering. the whole of NHL knows about Kaprizov and now even NHL twitter personalities are talking about the Wild because of him. He is the favorite right now and i see it hard for anyone to usurp him.

The NHL twitter makes an effort to tweet about him during the games.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I think name recognition plays a lot into awards too. The NHL has known about Kaprizov for years. He is now over here and is delivering. the whole of NHL knows about Kaprizov and now even NHL twitter personalities are talking about the Wild because of him. He is the favorite right now and i see it hard for anyone to usurp him.

The NHL twitter makes an effort to tweet about him during the games.
Hold up. Are you suggesting the NHL is paying attention to our team?
Is this what Penguin, Hawk, and Caps fans feel like every day?

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017

Well if you pay attention to other Wild players than Kaprizov you'll find out that the answer is yes. Guess who was named 3rd star of the week and NHLPA player of the week...

Kaprizov...I think age was also a factor. He's 24 next month, while Stutzle is 19.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Nah, they got used to it eventually and it stopped feeling the same. Once that happens, it's perfectly understandable to have an air of arrogance about your team. Get ready, we Wild fans are about a season and a half away from getting obnoxious. If we're not already!

Well if you pay attention to other Wild players than Kaprizov you'll find out that the answer is yes. Guess who was named 3rd star of the week and NHLPA player of the week...

Kaprizov...I think age was also a factor. He's 24 next month, while Stutzle is 19.

Yeah, age could indeed be a factor. It's stupid if it is, since it's "best rookie" not "best for your age". Then again, I'd like to see an award like that. Ryan Suter might be able to win that one.

...Eh, maybe not. I just realized he's got Giordano, Thornton and Chara to deal with. And that's only on the old man side, I still haven't even considered the kids.

Last edited:

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Let's be real guys Kaprizov is only considered a rookie by technicalities. Hes basically a full grown player not a true "rookie"

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
It’s his first year in the NHL or it isn’t.
I knew it would boil down to this lol. I mean when I think of rookies I think of 18-20 year Olds making big jumps in leagues. Not someone who spent the past 4 or 5? Years in the professional khl mens league.

Just my opinion of course and can see why he didn't win the month award.

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
I knew it would boil down to this lol. I mean when I think of rookies I think of 18-20 year Olds making big jumps in leagues. Not someone who spent the past 4 or 5? Years in the professional khl mens league.

So if Menell or Addison come up next year and light it up, you wouldn’t consider them for ROY because they’re too old?

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Kaprizov is a rookie to the NHL, but make no mistake about it, the KHL is a men's league full of guys who have played in the NHL.

Do I think he should be able to win the Calder, because it's his first year in the NHL? Yes, because it's his first year in the NHL.

Unless the NHL changes the Calder rules, Kaprizov should be able to win it.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
If Sergei f'n Makarov gets to win then so can Kaprizov.

Panerin was 24, Raycroft was 23, Nabokov was 25, Belfour was 25, Makarov was 31!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad