Player Discussion Kirill Kaprizov

Status
Not open for further replies.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Gabs was definitely the faster straight line skater but not nearly as twitchy and dynamic in tight spaces or as strong as kap. I'd rather have the player that can slow the rush down stay on the feet while getting crossed checked and come out like nothing happened and make a sick play. Aka cheat code kap shift.

Shot goes to gabs for now.

Reactions: IHaveNoCreativity

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Gabs was definitely the faster straight line skater but not nearly as twitchy and dynamic in tight spaces or as strong as kap. I'd rather have the player that can slow the rush down stay on the feet while getting crossed checked and come out like nothing happened and make a sick play. Aka cheat code kap shift.

It's Kap's puck possession skills that gives him that edge in tight spaces, not so much the skating.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
It's Kap's puck possession skills that gives him that edge in tight spaces, not so much the skating.
It's his skating.

Gaborik was one of the fastest players to play, that doesn't make him a great skater though.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
My hypothesis is that it's both.
Kap's puck skills in tight spaces is off the charts compared to Gaborik.

Gaborik could skate like the wind and stop on a dime, was very agile, he just couldn't handle the puck with near the same skill.

Kap has a strength on his skates that Gaborik didn't have though, and combined with his better overall puck skill, can be a wizard in tight spaces.

Reactions: IHaveNoCreativity

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
My hypothesis is that it's both.
Most of his "puck protection" comes from his agility and strength on his skates. He's not protecting the puck with shear strength and reach.

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Yeah Kap’s balance on his skates is what allows him to protect the puck so well. Balance is one aspect of skating, and it’s certainly an aspect that Kap is very, very elite at.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities

I’d compare Fiala more to Gaborik. Kaprizov is something different entirely.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Kap's puck skills in tight spaces is off the charts compared to Gaborik.

Gaborik could skate like the wind and stop on a dime, was very agile, he just couldn't handle the puck with near the same skill.

Kap has a strength on his skates that Gaborik didn't have though, and combined with his better overall puck skill, can be a wizard in tight spaces.
I can agree to this

Reactions: TaLoN

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
is he going to push into the hart conversation?

1. Other guys would have to slow down (some pretty immensely)
2. He'd probably have to be >PPG at the halfway point
3. We'd probably have to be leading the division at the halfway point

Then he might join, if by "into the conversation" you mean a top 10 option or something.

DemidovSaveUs

May 2, 2018
1. Other guys would have to slow down (some pretty immensely)
2. He'd probably have to be >PPG at the halfway point
3. We'd probably have to be leading the division at the halfway point

Then he might join, if by "into the conversation" you mean a top 10 option or something.
yeah just meant like he's a name people talk about. Obviously he won't win or be a finalist.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
yeah just meant like he's a name people talk about. Obviously he won't win or be a finalist.
You might be looking at the wrong winger on that line
P/GP leaders in the NHL at the moment
1. McDavid 1.82
2. Zuccarello 1.80

Gotta be pretty much a tossup at this point :popcorn:

DemidovSaveUs

May 2, 2018
You might be looking at the wrong winger on that line
P/GP leaders in the NHL at the moment
1. McDavid 1.82
2. Zuccarello 1.80

Gotta be pretty much a tossup at this point :popcorn:
McDavids production this season is just ridiculous

Filip

Jan 29, 2021
It surprises me why Kirill does not use slapshot/wristshot. He knows how to fire well.

TJL48

Nov 30, 2011
St. Paul
It surprises me why Kirill does not use slapshot/wristshot. He knows how to fire well.

I think it's coming. Last few games it seems like he has been shooting more. As good as he has been already you can see him getting better still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->