Prospect Info: Kirill Kaprizov lll

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He doesn't seem to have any one way that he scores. He kind of reminds me of Parise...now if he is as good as Parise when he was young then we've got something.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i see parise crashing the net & jamming pucks in whereas kaprizov takes quick ,deadly accurate shots using his creativity & high IQ. just my one cent comparison

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
i see parise crashing the net & jamming pucks in whereas kaprizov takes quick ,deadly accurate shots using his creativity & high IQ. just my one cent comparison
I agree, parise seems to be a garbage goal rebound guy where as kap is sniping. outside of size I don't see the comparison.

P10p

May 15, 2012
In Parise'younger days he could and would score from anywhere just like KK. Also both are extremely well rounded players.

dBoon

Sep 28, 2004
This guy could be a game changer for the Wild. I have never really seen him play except for that U-20 where he kicked ass(along with Ek and Greenway), just highlights. Looking forward to it.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
It'll be interesting to see what gives. Even if Kunin sticks at center, and that's still a pretty big if, we're still overloaded on the wings.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
It'll be interesting to see what gives. Even if Kunin sticks at center, and that's still a pretty big if, we're still overloaded on the wings.

I think that’s why Guerin realizes he can probably give up a couple of them for a legitimate top 6 center.

Like a combination of two of Zucker/Greenway/Fiala/Donato/Kunin/whatever, + maybe some picks or other prospects could probably land a solid center if one becomes available.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I think that’s why Guerin realizes he can probably give up a couple of them for a legitimate top 6 center.

Like a combination of two of Zucker/Greenway/Fiala/Donato/Kunin/whatever, + maybe some picks or other prospects could probably land a solid center if one becomes available.
We need to throw that combination at the next o’rielly type that becomes available. I’d say RNH would be a good player to throw Donato + Greenway at, maybe throw in another pick, if he was under contract for longer. It would have to be intriguing for Edmonton too who could use help on the wings and some cap relief.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
We need to throw that combination at the next o’rielly type that becomes available. I’d say RNH would be a good player to throw Donato + Greenway at, maybe throw in another pick, if he was under contract for longer. It would have to be intriguing for Edmonton too who could use help on the wings and some cap relief.

I'd try desperately to include Zucker over Donato, but yeah, same basic idea.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

EDM needs help everywhere at FWD except RNH, Drais, and McDavid. Not enough term left on RNH's contract for me to want to give up Greenway or Donato. I'd give up Zucker+ 2nd/3rd (maybe add in a conditional pick if he re-signs in MN), or Brodin 1 for 1.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i'd have 4 zucker type players on my team if i were gm so i cant understand some posters willingness to trade him. in the near future we will be overloaded at LW but that's not my fault our previous gms weren't better at position mgmt. same as my opinion of twins baseball & drafting all pitchers this next draft i'd draft all C's! that's how desperate we are. even if kaprizov is soon to be our #1 LW with parise getting older he can be our #3 lw & zucker #2.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
i'd have 4 zucker type players on my team if i were gm so i cant understand some posters willingness to trade him. in the near future we will be overloaded at LW but that's not my fault our previous gms weren't better at position mgmt. same as my opinion of twins baseball & drafting all pitchers this next draft i'd draft all C's! that's how desperate we are. even if kaprizov is soon to be our #1 LW with parise getting older he can be our #3 lw & zucker #2.
alright with those left wings you got kap then zucker then parise. where does donato, greenway, foligno, boldy even as a possibility, all fit into the lineup?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Kaprizov coming in is bumping somebody off the team. We'll have 7 top 9 wingers for 6 spots. This year is basically a tryout for who stays. Whoever does the least or shows the least amount of promise is out. Same thing for when Boldy (probably) comes in two years from now; it'll be 3 of Zucker/Fiala/Donato/Greenway going for 2 spots.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
well at some point id give parise his wish of being traded to a contender when boldy gets here. assuming zucker scores 30G he stays so one or 2 of greenway; fiala ; donato ; kunin gets traded. i like all those guys but only so many roster spots

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Things only get more confusing when we draft Lafreniere. Honestly, like AKL and I were talking about in another thread, I’d try and move one or two wingers for center help

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Maybe, but Boldy was facing a lot more competition for a center spot on that USNDTP team than Newhook was in the BCHL, to put it mildly.
That’s fair. Maybe Boldy is better at center than Newhook. I do believe that if Boldy was playing on a different team in the USHL, he would’ve played the middle. If I remember correctly, BC was starved for good centers last year, which made it not a good sign that mcbain was playing in the wing. Nonetheless, they could possibly put both Boldy and Newhook down the middle, I just think they have the potential to be one of the best duos in college hockey on the same line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad