Prospect Info: Kirill Kaprizov lll

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Not that it changes anything, but Kaprizov plays in Moscow, not St. Petersburg

And yes, I’d move out some wingers to make room for Kaprizov before I moved Kaprizov because we have too many wingers right now.

And no, I’d never consider trading Kaprizov. If he asks for a trade, I’d say tough luck. If a team is willing to give us a top 15 league wide prospect for him, sure, but if not, come on over and earn your trade.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
tough to score 50 pts. as a rookie in the NHL, especially playing with an untalented forward group.
Maybe they need to play him on a line with Hunt and Dumba/Spurgeon?:sarcasm:

Reactions: Mickey the mouse

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Watching this guys highlights right now. He’s gonna be so good. The way he thinks the game when he’s entering the zone and how well he protects the puck is so incredible.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Yeah that is true. He scores in a million different ways, many of them very creative. Shows a high IQ.

He will for sure be an offensive driver when he plays. Don't know if he will score 15, 25, 35, etc but I do see him as an offensive catalyst.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Who would fill that role? Khovanov?
To the extent that a Russian center is that much of a plus Khovanov is absolutely our best shot at adding one. If you look around the league at Russian-speaking top-6 centers you can probably count them on one hand.

Edit: Just to list the candidates...

Kuznetsov - Obviously not
Malkin - Obviously not
Namestnikov - Actually plays wing (I think)
Barbashev - Actually plays wing
Anisimov - Injured... but maybe?
Kemenev - Still pretty young and had some decent AHL numbers, but he hasn't played much the last few seasons
Prokhorkin - Good KHL numbers, but has only played 8 NHL games. Interesting...
Vorobyov - Appears to play wing in the AHL
Rubstov - Does appear to play center in the AHL

Not exactly a Muderer's Row of options there.

Last edited:

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
The need for another Russian to center him is overblown imho. He's a grown man fer chrissakes, not a teenager leaving home for the first time.

He can communicate with his stick and his hands.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
its called chemistry.
Just because a player speaks the same language doesn't mean they will automatically have good on ice chemistry.

Look at all the good Russian wingers in the league... virtually none of them have Russian speaking centers.

In fact, in Washington, Ovechkin skates with a Swedish center even though the Caps are one of the few teams with a real option at center who speaks Russian.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
so you don't want him to be comfortable after moving halfway around the world? hmmmm since hes possibly the future star of this team i'd want to help him to succeed any way i could, it sounds like you would just throw him in the meat grinder and hope he survives.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
so you don't want him to be comfortable after moving halfway around the world? hmmmm
There are other, and probably more important ways to do that, than a Russian-speaking center. The more day-to-day stuff, like where to live, transportation, food, etc. is probably more of a worry than the hockey, and that's all stuff the team can help with pretty easily.

There are a few tidbits in Craig MacTavish's rundown of his KHL time that were interesting, like that (at least for Yaroslavl Lokomotiv) all of the players and coaches lived at a "Team Base" for 10 months out of the year. I have no idea if that's the norm in Russia, but things like that seem like they'd take much more of an adjustment than the hockey stuff.

Not that having another Russian-speaking player on the team would be bad. I just don't think it's a big deal in terms of on-ice chemistry.

Last edited:
Reactions: TaLoN

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
so you don't want him to be comfortable after moving halfway around the world? hmmmm since hes possibly the future star of this team i'd want to help him to succeed any way i could, it sounds like you would just throw him in the meat grinder and hope he survives.

Dude, how many ways does it need to be explained that there simply aren’t Russian centers, certainly none that are any good, for us to go get?

You can make him feel comfortable here without a Russian center, or even a Russian linemate. Plenty of teams have done that before, and we wouldn’t be the last either.

Reactions: Wild11MN

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
WELL DUDES i was around when gabby first came over and when i got his autograph at har mar mall he had to have an interpreter because he could speak any English. his first season he had 18G i think and looked like a lost puppy on ice. i don't want that to happen to kaprizov, do you?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
WELL DUDES i was around when gabby first came over and when i got his autograph at har mar mall he had to have an interpreter because he could speak any English. his first season he had 18G i think and looked like a lost puppy on ice. i don't want that to happen to kaprizov, do you?
No, but Gaborik was 18 when he came over and played his first NHL game. Kaprizov will be 23. It'll take adjusting, but he's a lot more well-seasoned than Gaborik was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad