Prospect Info: Kirill Kaprizov lll

Status
Not open for further replies.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Just read it before coming here. Truth be told he looks like a mix of PMB and Granlund, but better. Knows when to shoot, when to pass.

When he was drafted I remember people saying he was like a "goal scoring Granlund." The further we get from that draft, the more true I feel that is. He's smallish, but bulky and not afraid of traffic. He's a super smart player with good instincts and hands. His shot is probably as good as Granlund's pass.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Just read it before coming here. Truth be told he looks like a mix of PMB and Granlund, but better. Knows when to shoot, when to pass.
I wouldn't ever insult him with a PMB comparison. Kap is nothing like PMB.

Very much like Granlund in many ways though, and has penchant for goals on top of it.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
I wouldn't ever insult him with a PMB comparison. Kap is nothing like PMB.

Very much like Granlund in many ways though, and has penchant for goals on top of it.

The slippery skating in that video is very Bouchard-like.

I'd add, PMB could skate circles around Granlund.

Last edited:

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
97, as yet unworn by a Wild, and passes PMB's 96 as the highest number ever worn by a Wild player. Looking forward to it.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
How many star Russians have stayed in the KHL until age 22? I don't know how common that is/was, so just curious.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
How many star Russians have stayed in the KHL until age 22? I don't know how common that is/was, so just curious.

Panarin was 24 when he came over.

It's really not much different than a 22yo just getting out of college and jumping to the NHL. Well except the KHL is a better league than college.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Panarin was 24 when he came over.

Datsyuk was 23 when he started for the Wings.

Federov was 21.

Kostantinov was 24.

Some of the pre Iron Curtain guys didn't make to the NHL til their late 20s, like Larionov.

There is some good company for Mr. Kaprizov. Nobody did Russians like the Red Wings though.

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
It seems like across various threads when talking about our future many people consider it a given KK is coming next summer.

Don’t hate me because I’m just speculating, but could he take a look at our last place team and organizational disfunction and just consider it’s not worth it? Again I don’t know if that would even play a factor I just am curious because so many people are penciling him in on our first line.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
It seems like across various threads when talking about our future many people consider it a given KK is coming next summer.

Don’t hate me because I’m just speculating, but could he take a look at our last place team and organizational disfunction and just consider it’s not worth it? Again I don’t know if that would even play a factor I just am curious because so many people are penciling him in on our first line.
Even if the team is terrible and he has no intention of staying beyond his ELC, it's probably worth his while to just make the jump and tough it out. The sooner he comes over the sooner he can start playing for bigger contracts.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

It's possible, but his agent has said numerous times that the plan is to be here next year. If he wants to play in the NHL, the road goes through Minnesota. If he changes his mind, best of luck in Russia.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Or he can ask for a trade through his agent, the Wild can find a willing partner, and hopefully get something of value for his rights.

There's little room on the Wild, the team will not be set up for success next season, and St. Paul is no St. Petersburg. He's within his rights as a player with some accomplishments to his name to see what can be done to make his NHL debut a comfortable one that leads to a lucrative second contract.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Or he can ask for a trade through his agent, the Wild can find a willing partner, and hopefully get something of value for his rights.

There's little room on the Wild, the team will not be set up for success next season, and St. Paul is no St. Petersburg. He's within his rights as a player with some accomplishments to his name to see what can be done to make his NHL debut a comfortable one that leads to a lucrative second contract.

And we'd be within our rights to not take 50 cents on the perceived dollar to help him come to the US and play against us. Though if he wanted a trade and somebody wanted to offer up a prospect of his ilk, I'd be all ears. But I wouldn't just take "something of value"; it'd have to be close value.

Reactions: Nsjohnson

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

Making room for Kaprizov by trading some of our other wingers makes more sense than trading Kaprizov.

If he wants to be traded then he and the Wild would be better off having him come over to play a season and show what he's capable of.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Making room for Kaprizov by trading some of our other wingers makes more sense than trading Kaprizov.

If he wants to be traded then he and the Wild would be better off having him come over to play a season and show what he's capable of.
id cut wingers to make room for him not even needing a trade if it was an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->