Prospect Info: Kirill Kaprizov II: (LW) - CSKA Moscow - 135th Overall, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I'd guess it's more complicated than simply buying a plane ticket.

Most of Wild's management likely don't speak Russian, and from what I've read most Russian players have North American agents and Russian agents. Not sure if management would be able to speak with him directly without agents present? Especially when talking about contract status.

I'm just speculating.

I agree completely. Even if they can technically speak to him without his Russian agent there I'd assume Karizov want him there. And if the agent doesn't want to sour relations with CSKA, that could be another wrinkle. And then there's the language barrier, which you can probably hire an interpreter for, but still.

All speculation, but I can't see how it wouldn't involve lots of moving pieces, not be guaranteed to get you anything, and possibly tick off some powerful KHL entities (teams, agents, etc.). It wouldn't surprise me if all of these concerns factored (even if only a little) into the Wild's recent decision to bolster it's Russian scouting/presence. Just having some contacts over there would probably be helpful.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Actually for all nations except the US.

Olympics are huge in the United States. If anything Canada is the one that doesn't care about them the most. Fans of pro hockey would rather see a Canadian team win the Cup than to win Gold. Then again, that could change once they lose their dominance just like USA in mens basketball.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Olympics are huge in the United States. If anything Canada is the one that doesn't care about them the most. Fans of pro hockey would rather see a Canadian team win the Cup than to win Gold. Then again, that could change once they lose their dominance just like USA in mens basketball.

Bang on.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Just sitting here watching KK youtube highlights and a comparable NHL player pops in my head. Mike Richards pre meltdown. Is this accurate? Am I way off base? Granted I haven't seen a particularly large sample size of KK. WJC, Youtube highlights being just about it. But I see them both as tough stocky guys both with no real weakness, smart players, not afraid of contact and gritty play great skaters and deadly accurate wristers. I see Richards with maybe a little more of a tough play style. But that could just be the Canadian bias in me! :sarcasm: Any truth to any of this?

Last edited:

HollaHaula

Cynical Wild fan
Jul 28, 2015
Just sitting here watching KK youtube highlights and a comparable NHL player pops in my head. Mike Richards post meltdown. Is this accurate? Am I way off base? Granted I haven't seen a particularly large sample size of KK. WJC, Youtube highlights being just about it. But I see them both as tough stocky guys both with no real weakness, smart players, not afraid of contact and gritty play great skaters and deadly accurate wristers. I see Richards with maybe a little more of a tough play style. But that could just be the Canadian bias in me! :sarcasm: Any truth to any of this?

I hope you mean "pre-meltdown"

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Since it has been already brought up in this thread, I've read in the Russian medias that currently Kaprizov makes around 500k USD per season (obviously 13% tax and no escrow need to be taken into account).

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I think, it's actually not Kirill, but his dad is all about the CSKA contract. At least, it's what I've heard. And his dad is probably the main reason CSKA presidend considers the deal almost done.

But considering everything I've read about Kirill, he doesn't look like one of those kids who do whatever their parents tell them. On the other hand, he's just 20, so parents should have a huge influence on him.

But when I was 20, I was doing everything my way, not my parents'...

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
I would not like if Kirill never came over, but he should do what is best for him. I would argue that would be establishing yourself as an NHL star in your 20s and then heading back to the KHL in your 30s to make huge $$$, but everybody is going to have their own path.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Well... no news is good news. I think there's a decent chance it could still happen, but until we hear otherwise, we might be okay.

Double

Feb 14, 2008

Completely disagree about Canada and their view of the Olympics.

The gold medal game of the 2010 Olympics, when Crosby scored "The Golden Goal," is not only the most-watched sporting event in Canadian sports history. It is the most-watched program ever in the history of Canadian television. I would say that signifies rabid fan interest.

P10p

May 15, 2012

The gold medal game of the 2010 Olympics, when Crosby scored "The Golden Goal," is not only the most-watched sporting event in Canadian sports history. It is the most-watched program ever in the history of Canadian television. I would say that signifies rabid fan interest.

Being a Canadian, I feel most Canadians only care when we are winning. And its a fact Canada only cares about winter Olympics and more importantly hockey.

acidman

Jul 14, 2017

and still Georges st pierre was the canadian athlete of the year.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
should i sell low on him or keep him for fantasy?

i have offers of vrana or colin white. even puljujarvi (if i add to the trade)

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Tough call, but I guess it depends on when you need him. If you need him this year, trade him. If you want him next year, I'd hold onto him. So far he still hasn't signed that rumored KHL contract, so it's starting to look like he's being pressured by the KHL, CSKA Moscow or both, but that he isn't giving in. If he doesn't sign, he's probably not doing so because he wants to come to the NHL. If he comes here, he'll be on the 3rd line at worst next season for the Wild.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
should i sell low on him or keep him for fantasy?

i have offers of vrana or colin white. even puljujarvi (if i add to the trade)

Depends a bit on your league structure but all three of those players are guaranteed to have a better next season in the NHL than he will. You could just as easily be selling high on him no?

Kuznetsov came over and put up 37 points in his first full season - what's the likelihood that Kaprizov equals that?

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Not that what people do on social media means much. But for whatever it's worth it looks like Kaprizov started following the Wild and the NHL on instagram.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Depends a bit on your league structure but all three of those players are guaranteed to have a better next season in the NHL than he will. You could just as easily be selling high on him no?

Kuznetsov came over and put up 37 points in his first full season - what's the likelihood that Kaprizov equals that?

I believe the Wild will give Kaprizov every possible chance to succeed that they can (for fear of the KHL), so I'd say the likelihood of him being around 35 points in his rookie year is decent. Obviously if his game doesn't pan out in the NHL that won't happen, but if he looks like an NHL player that first season, the sentence above can stand as a point prediction based on current information.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
gaborik's first season #s (on the 1st line) were 18G 18A. my estimate would be 15G 20A for kirill's 1st season. (probably 3rd line)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad