Prospect Info: Kirill Kaprizov II: (LW) - CSKA Moscow - 135th Overall, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
I believe the Wild will give Kaprizov every possible chance to succeed that they can (for fear of the KHL), so I'd say the likelihood of him being around 35 points in his rookie year is decent. Obviously if his game doesn't pan out in the NHL that won't happen, but if he looks like an NHL player that first season, the sentence above can stand as a point prediction based on current information.

I agree with what you're saying. From a purely fantasy hockey perspective though I wouldn't think twice about doing Colin White for Kaprizov right now.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
gaborik's first season #s (on the 1st line) were 18G 18A. my estimate would be 15G 20A for kirill's 1st season. (probably 3rd line)

Keep in mind that Gaborik was surrounded by zero talent at the time and practically had to create all the offense singlehandedly.

Wildfish

Jul 13, 2011
Siberia, ND
gaborik's first season #s (on the 1st line) were 18G 18A. my estimate would be 15G 20A for kirill's 1st season. (probably 3rd line)

Seriously? You're comparing Gaborik and Kaprisov? Are you one of the people who claimed Granlund was going to score 70 points as a rookie?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Seriously? You're comparing Gaborik and Kaprisov? Are you one of the people who claimed Granlund was going to score 70 points as a rookie?

We've already had others make the comment that Kaprizov is the greatest Wild prospect in history and that he is the first prospect that could become an elite NHL sniper for this team... nevermind the fact that Gaborik still is the greatest prospect the team has ever had, and that he already WAS an elite NHL sniper for this team. :laugh:

thrillhous

Jan 5, 2006
Looking at Gaborik's rookie season to predict Kaprizov's rookie season is silly. First of all, they are arguably different eras of hockey. Second, Gaborik was 18 when he was a rookie while Kaprizov will be no younger than 21. Third, Gaborik was on an island offensively whereas Kaprizov will have a lot more support offensively.

Arturia Pendragon

Humble Optimist
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Holy Grail
Hope for the best.
Expect reality.

Are we going to have Kaprizov reveal himself through scarlet curtains too when he signs? I'll never forget that hype video of Granlund lol.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
all i was comparing was what i believe will be his 1st full season stats. get it? kaprizov is a completely different style of player. i was agreeing with baghead that 35 points seemed reasonable. show me one post where i , or for that matter anybody claimed he would be better than gabby.

Last edited:

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Okay, reading the thread gave me an idea why Kaprizov should not go to the Wild anytime soon.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
Is there any anticipated date where we'll have to know either way?

if he doesn't come here for the 18/19 season he'll probably sign the rumored 3 year ext contract meaning it will be 4 years before we see him (assuming hes coming). atleast we have a good club so that wont be an issue for him.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I don't know... why would he wait? After talking to some Russian posters on here, it sounds like KHL contracts write over each other, so instead of earning his current contract amount this season, the second he signs the deal, he starts earning the money from it (and this would be the first of the three years). Basically, if he signs this year, he earns the money this year, but if he waits he gets the money later instead. He'd effectively be screwing himself out of a half a million or so dollars by waiting, if his intention is to sign. That's why the longer this KHL contract situation goes unresolved, the better I feel about it. Basically, he's incentivizing himself to come overseas by waiting. Either that, or CSKA Moscow is going to have to offer even more money to keep him, because clearly their offer hasn't been good enough for him to sign it.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Ah, the pro Russia, anti everything else voice speaks.

By sterotyping you fill the stereotype of a westerner, but what does that give?

Try to prove a point if you start accusing people. Your pure and sincere emotions towards my humble person are still only emotions.

In this thread people seriously suggest Kaprizov should play on the bottom 6 and willl be a 30pt player.

If Kaprizov is in his right mind he won't come over till that changes. Why should he burry his talent with unskilled borderline NHLers playing 10mins per game?

Until people in NA realize what kind of player he is he should stay in Russia and earn his insurance money for the future.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

Try to prove a point if you start accusing people. Your pure and sincere emotions towards my humble person are still only emotions.

In this thread people seriously suggest Kaprizov should play on the bottom 6 and willl be a 30pt player.

If Kaprizov is in his right mind he won't come over till that changes. Why should he burry his talent with unskilled borderline NHLers playing 10mins per game?

Until people in NA realize what kind of player he is he should stay in Russia and earn his insurance money for the future.

Fans projecting and forecasting on a message board about what Kaprizov's first year in the NHL might look like have no bearing on anything. Boudreau has been a coach that plays guys pretty much according to current performance. If Kaprizov comes over and immediately plays like a top 6 player, he'll get top 6 minutes and linemates. If he comes over and requires some sort of adjustment period, that's fine too. Even on the Wild's "third" line he's likely to have quality linemates and minutes.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

I've read your posts on the main board and your slant is obvious. You will only be happy if every single Russian player stays in Russia, and have made up your mind that the KHL is the best way to develop players. It gets tiresome, as does reading anyone who has an obvious bias.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

Well, he would start in the bottom 6. Specifically the third line probably. Which of the 5 current 50-70 point NHL Wings we have is he going to supplant the moment he steps on US soil? Wild are one of the deepest teams in the league at wing, and that's not even counting Kunin/JEE who will have a head start(although may play C), and Greenway who likely comes in at the same time and will be competing with him.

It's likely he's going to be pretty much guaranteed an NHL job to start. But he'll have to fight for his minutes.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
Well, he would start in the bottom 6. Specifically the third line probably. Which of the 5 current 50-70 point NHL Wings we have is he going to supplant the moment he steps on US soil? Wild are one of the deepest teams in the league at wing, and that's not even counting Kunin/JEE who will have a head start(although may play C), and Greenway who likely comes in at the same time and will be competing with him.

It's likely he's going to be pretty much guaranteed an NHL job to start. But he'll have to fight for his minutes.

If I had to guess, we'll be moving Zucker before the trade deadline this year. If he has a good season, coupled with the fact he'll be an RFA, I would imagine we would be able to get a significant return for him. Most likely would be targeting someone to help on defense.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
If I had to guess, we'll be moving Zucker before the trade deadline this year. If he has a good season, coupled with the fact he'll be an RFA, I would imagine we would be able to get a significant return for him. Most likely would be targeting someone to help on defense.

I'd put the odds of us trading him at the deadline near 0.01%. We'd have to be pretty far our of the playoff race for that to happen.

The next offseason, depending upon his contract demands. Maybe.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
So it is looking like he has not signed (yet)? Very quiet on the Kaprizov front.

I would take this as good news for your side, Wild fans.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
https://www.championat.com/hockey/a...net-partnjorami-kirilla-kaprizova-v-cska.html

This article expresses concern about Kirill's role in CSKA in the next season. It looks like he hasn't signed a new contract, so they gonna use him on the youth line i.e. 3rd-4th line. Of course, it won't be a classic 3-4 line, because CSKA has like 5 or 6 solid (by the KHL standarts) lines, but still the club will hardly consider Kaprizov as one of its bests.

On the one hand, it's good for Minnesota, because there is a good chance Kirill will come to NA in a seson, on the other hand, playing 3-4 line minutes won't help him to get a good statistics (he played on the 1st line in Ufa last season). Of course, all of those young guys (Okulov, Svetlakov, Kuzmenko), Kirill is going to play with, are very talented and have a lot of KHL experience, so there is a chance, they will become a very good line and earn enough TOI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad