Confirmed with Link: Kirby Dach has been recalled (& is staying in the NHL)

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
They intersect.

I know you know we usually get along on most things, but this isn’t one of them. I have half sleeves on both my arms and they’re definitely not trashy. No use trying to convince you otherwise though.

I disagree that they intersect, and I’ll give you an example. I’m close friends with a Princeton educated theologian. She is one of the smartest, warmest, most thoughtful people I will ever know, and a far better person than I could ever hope to be. She has a tat. I think it’s trashy. Yet that in no way lessons my opinion of her character on any level.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
I disagree that they intersect, and I’ll give you an example. I’m close friends with a Princeton educated theologian. She is one of the smartest, warmest, most thoughtful people I will ever know, and a far better person than I could ever hope to be. She has a tat. I think it’s trashy. Yet that in no way lessons my opinion of her character on any level.
You crack me up. I applaud your refusal to change your opinion. God bless you.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

Not nearly as classy and sophisticated as she should be because of the tat, though? Not snarky. Honest question.

Not going to start this again, obviously. We disagree on it, and there's no changing anyone's mind. I just find it crazy that you think that just because you're not taking a shot at someone's character, it's ok. As if judging their class and sophistication based upon their personal, preferred form of expression is somehow better?

My only post on the matter, and then I'll let sleeping dogs lie.

If I'm off in what I'm saying, feel free to correct me. That's just how I perceived your post above.

Last edited:

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
tumblr_pn96tsrYBz1xkok61o1_500.gifv

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

It being the tat, correct? I want to make sure I have this 100% clear in that separates her from the tat completely and don't let it impact how you view her. I understand this if this is how you view it.

Not nearly as classy and sophisticated as she should be because of the tat, though? Not snarky. Honest question.

Not going to start this again, obviously. We disagree on it, and there's no changing anyone's mind. I just find it crazy that you think that just because you're not taking a shot at someone's character, it's ok. As if judging their class and sophistication based upon their personal, preferred form of expression is somehow better?

If I'm off in what I'm saying, feel free to correct me. That's just how I perceived your post above.

I think he believe the tat is trashy not his actually lady friend. So he separates her from the tat completely as he states "Yet that in no way lessens my opinion of her character on any level."

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
It being the tat, correct? I want to make sure I have this 100% clear.

I think he believe the tat is trashy not his actually lady friend. So he separates her from the tat completely as he states "Yet that in no way lessens my opinion of her character on any level."

Right, but he went on to talk about class/sophistication after. Unless he was talking that their character/class/sophistication are all things he won't judge because of a tat, despite thinking the tattoos, themselves, are trashy. That's why I offered him to clarify if I'm misunderstanding.

Edit: @hawksrule I'm looking for clarification, basically. Not a fight or argument. :thumbu:

Last edited:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Right, but he went on to talk about class/sophistication after.

Correct. I am interpreting it in the sense that once they are separated (by hawksrule) there they are always separated.

I know I personally am not a fan of tats but I don't use them to judge the person (unless it is a face tat then you are effed in my judgement) and I don't even use the tat tot identify the person. I just generally ignore them. Just a personal preference thing for me.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
You crack me up. I applaud your refusal to change your opinion. God bless you.

I've already dispelled the (perhaps) misconceived notion that trashy must impinge on character. Beyond that, I'm not clear where you're disagreeing with me. How are you defining trashy?

I see you edited your initial comment. I never claimed to be either.

As for her, she's as great as it gets. People are complex, nuanced, everyone with many pieces to their puzzle.

I don't know what the bolded "it" is that you're referring to.

It being the tat, correct? I want to make sure I have this 100% clear in that separates her from the tat completely and don't let it impact how you view her. I understand this if this is how you view it.

Correct, the "it" being the tat.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I've already dispelled the (perhaps) misconceived notion that trashy must impinge on character. Beyond that, I'm not clear where you're disagreeing with me. How are you defining trashy?

I see you edited your initial comment. I never claimed to be either.

As for her, she's as great as it gets. People are complex, nuanced, everyone with many pieces to their puzzle.

I don't know what the bolded "it" is that you're referring to.

Correct, the "it" being the tat.

Basically, are you saying the physical thing, a tattoo, is something you view as trashy, but you wouldn't judge someone's character, class, or sophistication level based upon their having one? If that's what you've been meaning, then yeah, totally my bad. I can understand that perspective, though I don't necessarily agree with it. I just think when one refers to something as "trashy" it's typically said as an indictment on their character, and that's where we weren't eye to eye. I think many people would assume that, logically, without further clarification.

And I edited as I wasn't meaning to be confrontational in this at all. Was just trying to clear the air about what you actually mean by it.

Last edited:

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
Basically, are you saying the physical thing, a tattoo, is something you view as trashy, but you wouldn't judge someone's character, class, or sophistication level based upon their having one? If that's what you've been meaning, then yeah, my bad. I can understand that perspective, though I don't necessarily agree with it. I just think when one refers to something as "trashy" it's typically said as an indictment on their character, and that's where we weren't eye to eye. I think many people would assume that, logically, without further clarification.

And I edited as I wasn't meaning to be confrontational in this at all. Was just trying to clear the air about what you actually mean by it.

The character for sure is independent, as I said from the beginning. Class/sophistication it might play in, or it might not. It's a wholistic approach.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Anyway guys now that Dach is here for the entire season, what would be an acceptable first season for him in your opinion?
35 pts? 45 pts? Any other things you want to see?
What are your expectations?

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Anyway guys now that Dach is here for the entire season, what would be an acceptable first season for him in your opinion?

For me Dach's point total this season is irrelevant. #1 stay healthy and learn. Start looking at stats at a later date.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

As Bobby said, points are kind of irrelevant.

If he contributes say 25-30 points while staying healthy and learning, I'd say that's great.

No way am I expecting 45 from him.

Reactions: Idionym

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
If Chicago's season goes down the drain at all, or if he's not playing consistent minutes, do you think he'd be loaned to play on the WJC? Kind of like Mete a few years back?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad