Confirmed with Link: Kirby Dach has been recalled (& is staying in the NHL)

TheDoorDoctor

Mar 6, 2013
ONT
Theres a very good chance all three will end up quite good. Its hard to see the future and confirm who will be the best in the next ten years but yes, Dach has looked good so far and thats all that matters now.

LavalPhantom

Sep 12, 2014
The chances are Dach will not be the third best player from this draft but no one has a crystal ball.
I think you are right simply based in odds. Chances are fairly high that one or more of the 200 players picked after him end up having a better career. But he can also have a better career than Hughes and/or Kakko.

I don’t think however that his play so far is an indication that he won’t be the third best overall in his draft.

Reactions: d rake

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I guess I'm the only one who is concerned about Dach being targetted and getting smoked at least once literally every game?

I’m concerned about it. Like the fearlessness but don’t want to see him have concussion or other injury problems. Just hoping he can make it through the year and start packing on some pounds in the offseason.

TheDoorDoctor

Mar 6, 2013
ONT
To respond, I’m really liking Dach! I just talking to the idea of comparing himto Turcotte and Byram. I obvi get the reason behind it as this is a forum but the chances are there IS going to be a better player drafted behind Dach.

Soo the fact that he is being successful this early in his hockey career is all I can ask for!

Chelis Chili

Proud HFB member since 21 years [sic!]
Dec 26, 2002
Hockeytown
DACH SCORES GAME-WINNING GOAL WEDNESDAY AFTER KAKKO DID SO TUESDAY

The Blackhawks scored five straight goals to erase a multi-goal deficit, including a game winner from rookie Kirby Dach (1-1—2), as Chicago earned its first win over Vegas (VGK: 7-1-0 since Oct. 24, 2017). Dach became the third different 18-year-old in Blackhawks history to score a game-winning goal.

* Eighteen-year-old Dach, the third-overall pick in the 2019 NHL Draft, scored the game-winning goal a day after the second-overall selection, Kaapo Kakko, also did so with the Rangers Tuesday. It marked just the third time in NHL history that an 18-year-old registered a game-winning tally in consecutive days.

Dach Media-14023518.png

* Dach also joined Devils forward Jack Hughes (Oct. 19-25) and Kakko (Nov. 10-12) as the third player from the 2019 NHL Draft to score in consecutive games this season. Only three other 18-year-old players in Blackhawks history have accomplished the feat: Patrick Kane (2x in 2007-08), Eddie Olczyk (4x in 1984-85) and Bobby Hull (Nov. 9-10, 1957).

* Only two players in Blackhawks history have posted a multi-point game at a younger age than Dach (18 years, 297 days): Olczyk (7x in 1984-85) and Harold Jackson (18 years, 229 days on March 18, 1937).

Reactions: hawksrule

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
DACH SCORES GAME-WINNING GOAL WEDNESDAY AFTER KAKKO DID SO TUESDAY

The Blackhawks scored five straight goals to erase a multi-goal deficit, including a game winner from rookie Kirby Dach (1-1—2), as Chicago earned its first win over Vegas (VGK: 7-1-0 since Oct. 24, 2017). Dach became the third different 18-year-old in Blackhawks history to score a game-winning goal.

* Eighteen-year-old Dach, the third-overall pick in the 2019 NHL Draft, scored the game-winning goal a day after the second-overall selection, Kaapo Kakko, also did so with the Rangers Tuesday. It marked just the third time in NHL history that an 18-year-old registered a game-winning tally in consecutive days.

Dach Media-14023518.png

* Dach also joined Devils forward Jack Hughes (Oct. 19-25) and Kakko (Nov. 10-12) as the third player from the 2019 NHL Draft to score in consecutive games this season. Only three other 18-year-old players in Blackhawks history have accomplished the feat: Patrick Kane (2x in 2007-08), Eddie Olczyk (4x in 1984-85) and Bobby Hull (Nov. 9-10, 1957).

* Only two players in Blackhawks history have posted a multi-point game at a younger age than Dach (18 years, 297 days): Olczyk (7x in 1984-85) and Harold Jackson (18 years, 229 days on March 18, 1937).
good ol' Harold Jackson!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad