Kings Trade Deadline Prediction Thread

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
I say both Amart and TT get 2nd round picks back; plus a B+ prospect in one deal and a Trevor Moore type in one of the deals. (a 23-24 yr old that is hitting NHL level)

I think by having 3 second round 2020 picks, they can get into round 1, with one of them, plus adding a 3rd rounder, or player. Maybe Yannetti sees someone he covets,
falling to 18-20 in the draft and the Kings can make a pretty sweet offer to get there. The 33 overall, plus ? Fine. I trust Yannetti more than anyone in the organization
right now. And I think Blake will make such a move for Yannetti - if Yannetti is pounding the table for such a prospect. POINT BEING, the Kings may not get a #1 for TT or Marty, but can take a #2, plus another asset and get into round 1 for another #1.

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I kind of stand by my initial assertions because I believe the teams trading for them still see overall value behind hot/cold streaks. In other words, TT scoring a little bit more doesn't mean he get a lot more, nor does Zucker really move the needle given his term (maybe on Martinez). So still saying 2 2nds of value for Martinez (or a 2nd and really good/sure thing prospect) and about the same for Toffoli, but those could be a 1st from a team who is practically guaranteed a playoff spot like Washington (or conditional/protected 1st).

Reactions: kilowatt

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Moving Toffoli for Puljujarvi and a conditional 3/2nd pick would be great. You could see Toffoli thriving with McDavid and it would keep him away from Calgary.

Puljujarvi could play in the Kings top six next year and replace Toffoli essentially. With his size, he pairs up nicely with Kopitar and Iafallo.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
If Leafs LTIR guys which is what is being reported could Martinez still end up there.

Sounds like Dubas wants a guy with some term

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Moving Toffoli for Puljujarvi and a conditional 3/2nd pick would be great. You could see Toffoli thriving with McDavid and it would keep him away from Calgary.

Puljujarvi could play in the Kings top six next year and replace Toffoli essentially. With his size, he pairs up nicely with Kopitar and Iafallo.
Toffoli for Puljujarvi and a 2nd
Marty for Vasalainen and a 2nd.. side note: Craig Custance thinks Marty's value is at 2 - 2nds and a prospect.. biggest take away is that GMs still consider him an experienced, clutch playoff top 4.. TOP 4!!

Those are the type of deals I expect for both Marty and Toffoli

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Puljujarvi and a 2nd would be a good return for Toffoli. He would be perfect next to Carter on the 2nd line.
dream scenario would be Blake bringing in Puljujarvi and Vasalainen... Those two plus Vilardi would be a damn good youth infusion for this club.. all big guys that can score and we still dont know how the draft shakes out

tbrown33

Jun 22, 2019
I kind of stand by my initial assertions because I believe the teams trading for them still see overall value behind hot/cold streaks. In other words, TT scoring a little bit more doesn't mean he get a lot more, nor does Zucker really move the needle given his term (maybe on Martinez). So still saying 2 2nds of value for Martinez (or a 2nd and really good/sure thing prospect) and about the same for Toffoli, but those could be a 1st from a team who is practically guaranteed a playoff spot like Washington (or conditional/protected 1st).

Wondering if there's a scenario where we can package Toffoli with Martinez to bring back a return to similar to Zucker.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Wondering if there's a scenario where we can package Toffoli with Martinez to bring back a return to similar to Zucker.
I'd rather make out with Puljujarvi, Vesalainen and 2 - 2nds for Marty and Toffoli...
Both Pulj and Vesa are high skill guys that are 20YO and could fight for a spot on the Kings next season or at worse play in Ontario with JAD, Kupari, Dudas, Thomas and possibly Turcotte

tbrown33

Jun 22, 2019
I'd rather make out with Puljujarvi, Vesalainen and 2 - 2nds for Marty and Toffoli...
Both Pulj and Vesa are high skill guys that are 20YO and could fight for a spot on the Kings next season or at worse play in Ontario with JAD, Kupari, Dudas, Thomas and possibly Turcotte

That would be lovely.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
According to Craig Custance of The Athletic...

NHL Trade Big Board 2.0: 23 players who could move before...

3. Alec Martinez, Los Angeles Kings – There are a bunch of teams looking for defensemen – Carolina, Vegas, Toronto, Winnipeg – and Martinez is an attractive option. He’s playoff experienced. He’s reasonably priced. He’s a left-shot who can play on the right side. He has a year left.
What gets it done? One source suggested it may not include a first, but the Kings could expect two seconds and a prospect in a possible package. There’s not a lot of supply on the top-four defenseman market.
“There are probably at least eight teams going for a defenseman,” said an executive. “How many are out there? There’s going to be teams left without one.”

4. Tyler Toffoli, Los Angeles Kings – A lot of teams like Toffoli, which may be why one source said GM Rob Blake is “maintaining a relatively high asking price.” Calgary and Boston are the two teams that have consistently been connected to Toffoli but the interest extends beyond that. He also loves Los Angeles and would probably be open to an extension if the Kings don’t move him.

kingsholygrail

Predictable 1-2
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
According to Craig Custance of The Athletic...

NHL Trade Big Board 2.0: 23 players who could move before...

3. Alec Martinez, Los Angeles Kings – There are a bunch of teams looking for defensemen – Carolina, Vegas, Toronto, Winnipeg – and Martinez is an attractive option. He’s playoff experienced. He’s reasonably priced. He’s a left-shot who can play on the right side. He has a year left.
What gets it done? One source suggested it may not include a first, but the Kings could expect two seconds and a prospect in a possible package. There’s not a lot of supply on the top-four defenseman market.
“There are probably at least eight teams going for a defenseman,” said an executive. “How many are out there? There’s going to be teams left without one.”

4. Tyler Toffoli, Los Angeles Kings – A lot of teams like Toffoli, which may be why one source said GM Rob Blake is “maintaining a relatively high asking price.” Calgary and Boston are the two teams that have consistently been connected to Toffoli but the interest extends beyond that. He also loves Los Angeles and would probably be open to an extension if the Kings don’t move him.
Gonna be fun around here if Blake extends Toffoli.

AmadiosAmigos

Oct 27, 2010
Maybe Im dreaming but I think there's a strong enough possibiltiy that Toffoli returns a 1st from Boston as it will likely be a late 1st rounder. If we manage a 2nd + 3rd or 2 -2nds or a 2nd + prospect I will be happy. As a fan, I want us to get as much as we can for impending UFA's but will be fine with getting nothing for the others as long as we are able to move Toffoli. Losing him for nothing IMO would be absolutely criminal. Lewis, Hutton, Forbort should hopefully garner some type of picks to accumulate assets.
Martinez will be attractive and Id say GMRB should be able to get fair value for him but its not as pressing to trade him. Possibly a team circles back on Carter with retention.

Any thoughts on what a guy like Iafallo could garner?

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Maybe Im dreaming but I think there's a strong enough possibiltiy that Toffoli returns a 1st from Boston as it will likely be a late 1st rounder. If we manage a 2nd + 3rd or 2 -2nds or a 2nd + prospect I will be happy. As a fan, I want us to get as much as we can for impending UFA's but will be fine with getting nothing for the others as long as we are able to move Toffoli. Losing him for nothing IMO would be absolutely criminal. Lewis, Hutton, Forbort should hopefully garner some type of picks to accumulate assets.
Martinez will be attractive and Id say GMRB should be able to get fair value for him but its not as pressing to trade him. Possibly a team circles back on Carter with retention.

Any thoughts on what a guy like Iafallo could garner?

The bolded... It is in our best interest to move Marty this season as luck has shined on us and half of the contending teams have lost one of their top 4 Dmen.. This could/should/will result in some type of overpayment!

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Why not? He's 1 of the best young hockey players in the world playing outside North America.

Blake shouldn't be looking exclusively at picks and <20 year old prospects.

Since he played for TMac, I am sure this would only happen, if Todd's input was positive...of which, I do not know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad