Kings Trade Deadline Prediction Thread

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
The big picture is he's played 32 games and put up 13 points while averaging 12:33 of ice time. You give the guy more ice time, play him with better players ala Ilya Kovslchuk ( I know this is a super hard theory to understand) he will put up more points.
Which is why I think he may garner some interest. Don’t get me wrong I’m not lobbying to move him, I really like him as a player. However it wouldn’t surprise me if the offer was good enough...

Soapdodger

Dec 31, 2007
Toffoli for a 1st round pick
Martinez for a 2nd plus prospect
Lewis for a 4th
Forbort for a 3rd
Hutton for a 4th

Hopefully Blake finally uses the available cap space to acquire assets, like retained salary on AMart to get a better prospect / higher draft pick

SlimCharles

Kings & Sabres
Dec 7, 2011
Los Angeles
I think Toffoli and Martinez are basically locks to get traded. Trevor Lewis possibly, but I could see him staying because he's just Trevor Lewis. I say Toffoli gets traded to Boston and Martinez gets traded to the Jets.

We will probably get a 2nd round pick for Toffoli + a decent prospect, nothing crazy. If we're really lucky we can get a low 1st for Toffoli (28-31), I highly doubt it though. I've seen GMs make dumber moves than that so it can happen.

For Martinez I would expect a bit more since he's not a UFA at the end of the year and a lot of teams are in the market for a defender. Martinez could realistically get a 1st round pick (20-31) range, plus a lower round pick and a prospect. Or two prospects and just one pick, something like that.

If Lewis gets traded we would probably get a 6th rounder, which is totally fair.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Word on the street. Vegas and Dallas are looking at Martinez. Dallas also in on Toffoli. Calgary may have cooled on Tyler. Tampa is looking around too at our peeps. Caps may be interested in Lewis. I have my sources.................:)

Reactions: ibleedkings

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Just hoping that Toffoli and Amart have inflated prices. Not expecting much but would be thrilled with a late first from a contender if a bidding war occurred.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Martinez for a 3rd and prospect

If Marty only nets a 3rd given that he has another year left on his contract....

giphy.gif

Reactions: YP44

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Word on the street. Vegas and Dallas are looking at Martinez. Dallas also in on Toffoli. Calgary may have cooled on Tyler. Tampa is looking around too at our peeps. Caps may be interested in Lewis. I have my sources.................:)

Not sure TB would be interested in Toffoli. He doesn't have an NMC. That seems to be a requirement for all their roster players. :sarcasm:

The Lukeman

Opinionated
Apr 7, 2019
I can feel it someone is going to pay a 1st for either toffoli or Martinez. Forbort/Lewis may also be tagged in that deal

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I think Kreider resigns and Tyler becomes the hit commodity. I think he actually gets a 1st in the end, not sure about the +...
Marty should get us a nice prospect and a 2nd while Trevor likely goes to the Caps for a 3rd/4th

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Hopefully the package of players is a theme for the TDL starting with Clifford plus Campbell.

A package of Toffoli plus Martinez to a team may return a first rounder between the both of them, plus a prospect and either retained salary or a roster player / cap dump coming back.

Similar a package of Lewis and Forbort to the Caps may get a 3rd rounder, whereas you’d be lucky to get a fifth rounder for either separately.

Upping the returns to get quality over quantity for futures and doing double duty to turn over the roster would be a strong performance by Blake.

Sparky206

Nov 13, 2019
Blakes gotten full value on the muzzin trade and now the soupy/cliffy trade. Seems like once someone offers value hes happy to pull the trigger, but not before

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Blakes gotten full value on the muzzin trade and now the soupy/cliffy trade. Seems like once someone offers value hes happy to pull the trigger, but not before

But they're fair value, too. He's not running around ripping people off. I appreciate a guy who can maintain those relationships, too. Blake's got some good respect/clout around the league.

Reactions: Peter James Bond II

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
But they're fair value, too. He's not running around ripping people off. I appreciate a guy who can maintain those relationships, too. Blake's got some good respect/clout around the league.
It’s a great point. If he makes other gms look like idiots by holding them to ransom no one will want to deal with him, when he’s the one asking for something.

I think the way the market is evolving with D-men going down left, right and center along with Kreider maybe staying in NY that we may get over payment for our key assets. The good part of that is it’s the market driving that overpayment, not Blake. It’s really starting to look like a 1st is possible for TT and the price for AMart must now be a 2nd. I don’t think their true value is that, not by a long shot but the lack of good alternatives in the market is dictating things nicely.

If that 3rd round pick from Toronto becomes a second then that will effectively be an overpayment by the Leafs and it really would give us a strong haul of assets, assuming TT and AMart net their worth. I don’t really care what we get for the other spare parts on the roster after that, tbh. Although everything counts I’m more concerned about making sure we get roster turnover and opening up spots in the lineup.

Rekingsfan17

Aug 23, 2017
With Cliffy and Soupy being traded to Toronto, the Kings now have 10 picks so far for the 2020 Nhl Draft.
1-first, 1-second, 2-thirds, 2-fourths, 1-fifth, 1-sixth, and 2-sevenths. What are the predictions for how many picks we end up with at the Trade Deadline.....?

I think we end up around 15 picks. Hopefully another first, two more seconds, another third and another fourth.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
With Cliffy and Soupy being traded to Toronto, the Kings now have 10 picks so far for the 2020 Nhl Draft.
1-first, 1-second, 2-thirds, 2-fourths, 1-fifth, 1-sixth, and 2-sevenths. What are the predictions for how many picks we end up with at the Trade Deadline.....?

I think we end up around 15 picks. Hopefully another first, two more seconds, another third and another fourth.

I see 9 picks as CapFriendly does not show an additional 7th.

I don’t see the Kings having in upwards of 15 picks for this draft post deadline. I think they add another 2-3 picks for this year and maybe 1-2 for next year depending on their deals leading up to and at the deadline.

Reactions: Rekingsfan17

Sparky206

Nov 13, 2019
You would think that with all the D going down forbert may be able to snag a 3/4th. Fantemberg managed a 4th from memory

Rekingsfan17

Aug 23, 2017
I see 9 picks as CapFriendly does not show an additional 7th.

I don’t see the Kings having in upwards of 15 picks for this draft post deadline. I think they add another 2-3 picks for this year and maybe 1-2 for next year depending on their deals leading up to and at the deadline.

Yes, I think your right about the 9 picks. I was looking at one of the draft site websites and they showed a pick number 185 that I thought was a seventh-rounder but it would have been a sixth-rounder. It was a conditional pick from the Carl Hagelin trade with Washington. Apparently the conditions weren't met but the site still listed it. So I change my guess to 14 picks.....lol

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Toffoli nets a 1st from Boston
Lewis nets a 4th from Caps
Hutton nets a 3rd from Calgary
Ryan nets a 6th from East
Forbort nets a 2nd from Dallas

we call up Clague , Bjornfot

Bjornfot-Doughty
Martinez-Roy
Clague-Walker
MacDermid
By end of year

HeadInjury

Jul 30, 2005
I don't see Toffoli getting a first. I think the only way Boston gives up a first is if we take Backes back, in which case we should get a lot more than just a 1st.

It would be great if Forbort got a second, but I think a 3rd is the best we can hope for. I don't care what it ends up being, I just want him moved. And not because he's terrible. I just don't see him as part of the solution.

AzKing

Feb 4, 2019
Newport Coast, CA
Don't see them trading Forbort. They will move Martinez and Toffoli for sure. Possibly Lewis and Hutton but the return on them will be not much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad