Kings Trade Deadline Prediction Thread

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Behind you
youtu.be
Yeah. Wagner's speed is so elite that it is foolish to pencil him out of future lineups. Again, he's leading the team in hits this season as well so he's a nice 4th line forward to have once the top three lines get some skill injections.
And he is the best in the world at shooting the puck right in to the goalie's chest. HOF Level talent

Reactions: KopitarGOAT420

8randyn

Aug 14, 2011
Valencia, CA
Yeah. Wagner's speed is so elite that it is foolish to pencil him out of future lineups. Again, he's leading the team in hits this season as well so he's a nice 4th line forward to have once the top three lines get some skill injections.

Austin Wagner puts on 5 pounds, works on his lateral skating and increases his shot percentage to maybe 7% next year he will be an excellent 4th line forward.

I think the biggest thing with his shot is he just goes to the net soooo fast he doesn't pick a good target.

KopitarGOAT420

Jan 30, 2020
USA
You guys dont want Wagner in the lineup?

I'm personally just not a huge Wagner fan and see more overall potential in a player like Grundstrom. I put Grundstrom on the 2nd line more out of hope/optimism that he can turn into that top 6/top 9 winger we all want him to be. I realize he hasn't really earned it, but I'm hoping he can make that jump next year.

To me, the only thing that Wagner has going for him is speed.... that's it. And don't get me wrong, his speed is remarkable and it creates a ton of chances but chances are just that... chances. I get he's been in a major slump but 4 goals on the year for a guy who probably gets 2 grade A chances a game is more frustrating than anything else IMO. That said, I have nothing against him and would have no problem with him being in a bottom 6 role next year. Hell, I hope he makes me eat my words and proves me wrong.

I has half joking when I threw those lines together (I mean come on I have Puljujarvi penciled in at 1st line RW lol).

Reactions: Schmooley

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
I'm personally just not a huge Wagner fan and see more overall potential in a player like Grundstrom. I put Grundstrom on the 2nd line more out of hope/optimism that he can turn into that top 6/top 9 winger we all want him to be. I realize he hasn't really earned it, but I'm hoping he can make that jump next year.

To me, the only thing that Wagner has going for him is speed.... that's it. And don't get me wrong, his speed is remarkable and it creates a ton of chances but chances are just that... chances. I get he's been in a major slump but 4 goals on the year for a guy who probably gets 2 grade A chances a game is more frustrating than anything else IMO. That said, I have nothing against him and would have no problem with him being in a bottom 6 role next year. Hell, I hope he makes me eat my words and proves me wrong.

I has half joking when I threw those lines together (I mean come on I have Puljujarvi penciled in at 1st line RW lol).
Since we do we look for 4th liners to score goals? How about the 1st and 2nd liners? Every chance/threat Wagner generates in the offensive end is one not in your own end -- heavenly for a 4th line. He's just 22 and still learning.

KopitarGOAT420

Jan 30, 2020
USA
Since we do we look for 4th liners to score goals? How about the 1st and 2nd liners? Every chance/threat Wagner generates in the offensive end is one not in your own end -- heavenly for a 4th line. He's just 22 and still learning.

Come on man the top 6 is perfect what are you talking about????

And I guess that's a fair point but since when do 4th liners get (approximately) 2 breakaways a game??

I said what I said. Some people obviously really like Wagner and that's perfectly fine and justifiable. I'm just not particularly fond of him at this point so in my completely made up, never going to actually happen forward lines I decided to leave him out. I don't hate the guy and I'm not actually saying he should be off the roster or anything, was more just throwing out some lines I'd like to see.

Again, hopefully he proves me wrong and forces me to jump on board the Wagner train in the next couple seasons. Wish the guy all the best.

verbalkint47

Heroes and Villans
Aug 12, 2009
Emerald State
The bigger problem is that we've settled in on Austin Wagner as a 4th liner instead of a little bit more because we wrecked his development rushing him up.
Agreed. He would have benefited from playing 20 minutes a night in Ontario and playing in all situations.

But drafting a left handed Trevor Lewis in the 4th round is pretty solid.

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
Just for kicks and giggles and bragging rights

Predict the Trade Deadline moves our LAK will make.

Hutton for a 5th
Ryan for a 6th
Lewis for a 4th
TT for a 2nd+prospect
Campbell for a 3rd
AMart for a 2nd+3rd

Not exciting at all, but F it.

So far I'm basically right on the two that have happened. I think AMart will return better than what I guessed.

RocketKing

Jul 2, 2017
wanted Gauthier.. but they do have 2 - 2nds and 2 - 3rds, so one of each would be lovely
they also have a huge stable of young D talent: Bean, Priski, Keane, Honka, McKeown. Would not mind getting into this group.

Dexter Sinister

Sep 26, 2015
Idahizzle
Doughty and Quick to EDM for Drais and a pick.

Brown to BUF for a 1st

Carter and Forbort to Philly for Ghost and a pick

Lewis to TOR for a conditional 4th - becomes a 3rd if they make the playoffs.

AMart to VGK - two 2nds

Kopi to MTL - Suzuki/Romanov and 1st

Hutton to FLA - 5th

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012

Brown to BUF for a 1st

AMart to VGK - two 2nds

Hutton to FLA - 5th

RJ, K17, and Herby are going to need to suit up to finish the season if we make all these trades.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010

Brown to BUF for a 1st

AMart to VGK - two 2nds

Hutton to FLA - 5th

Kings I dont see trading all their veterans and just ice young propects.Forbort,Lewis,Martinez are probably the last of the veterans to be traded this season..Quicks contract is not tradable.

Rusty Batch

Sep 22, 2010
The bigger problem is that we've settled in on Austin Wagner as a 4th liner instead of a little bit more because we wrecked his development rushing him up.
We ruined a 4th rounders development by calling him up in his 4th year after the draft? Because he's only going to be a 4th liner?

Doesn't seem like he was rushed that much,a maybe we developed that 4th rounder pretty well. The guy is really fast and physical. Pretty bad shot and hands.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009

Brown to BUF for a 1st

AMart to VGK - two 2nds

Hutton to FLA - 5th

Doughty wouldn't return Draisaitl.

HeadInjury

Jul 30, 2005
So what do you think Lewis and Forbort will end up fetching in a trade?

My guess is a 3rd for Lewis and a 4th for Forbort.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
So what do you think Lewis and Forbort will end up fetching in a trade?

My guess is a 3rd for Lewis and a 4th for Forbort.
I dont think Forbort gets moved.. His injuries have probably killed any value he had.
Lewis maybe gets a 3rd from the Caps, I would see what Hutton can fetch...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->