Kings Trade Deadline Prediction Thread

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007
Hope you are right about TT an AMart. I don't think Frk would be on the market. It would be a surprise, and not a good one.

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007
Don't see them trading Forbort. They will move Martinez and Toffoli for sure. Possibly Lewis and Hutton but the return on them will be not much.

Forbort should be gone, unless he agrees to a cheap extention, i.e. 2.5 - 3m per for 2 years.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Toffoli for a conditional 1st (if conditions not met then becomes a 2nd) + prospect
Martinez for a conditional 1st (if conditions not met then becomes a 2nd) + 2021 2nd
or if retention on Martinez than condition is dropped from first
Lewis for Conditional 5th
Hutton-not dealt (no one wanting)

sinister6000

Apr 30, 2013
I'm not sure, but didn't Edmonton get 2 1st round picks for Dustin Penner? Now we can't get a 1st for Toffoli, whats up with that?

KingsCrown

Mar 15, 2008
San Diego, CA
With Cliffy and Soupy being traded to Toronto, the Kings now have 10 picks so far for the 2020 Nhl Draft.
1-first, 1-second, 2-thirds, 2-fourths, 1-fifth, 1-sixth, and 2-sevenths. What are the predictions for how many picks we end up with at the Trade Deadline.....?

I think we end up around 15 picks. Hopefully another first, two more seconds, another third and another fourth.

I think we end up with another 1st, 2nd, 4th, and 6th.

Toffoli - 1st
Martinez - 2nd and 4th.
Lewis - 6th

I think retention will be the big thing with getting higher picks.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
It's rough when you look at Ottawa giving up its 1st and now San Jose giving up theirs. GM's don't want to be the guy that gave away a 1st round pick only to see their team finish high in the lottery.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
It's rough when you look at Ottawa giving up its 1st and now San Jose giving up theirs. GM's don't want to be the guy that gave away a 1st round pick only to see their team finish high in the lottery.

which is why you are seeing a lot of conditions on picks. Look at the Toronto first to Carolina. It's top 3 protected which seemed asinine when the deal first was struck. But if Toronto does not make the playoffs it could happen.

HeadInjury

Jul 30, 2005
As I mentioned in the other thread, hopefully this helps set the market as that's a pretty good return for Minny there.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
I love posts that could have just as easily been typed into google, but with a longer wait time to get the answer.

I use to be in an Angels forum very much like this one. And everytime someone would make a comment they'd b***h and moan about every little spelling error and make some dumb a** comment it was pretty unbearable. Ever since I've been on HFboards everyone here has been great and respectful. Love it that Kings fans can disagree with certain topics but still have that level of maturity and respect. Thank God Kings fans are nothing like them aholes.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
24th. And apparently Seth Jones will be out injured for a bit so thats another team possibly added to the mix for Martinez at least

Yes just saw that Jones is out. Would be great if we can get at least a second for Martinez.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad