Kings Trade Deadline Prediction Thread

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Toffoli for a prospect and a 2nd 2020.
Martinez for a 2nd in 2020 and a conditional pick in 2021 (3rd becomes a 2nd if team makes conference final)

Maybe Lewis goes for a mid-round pick, say 4th in one of those very late deals that get reported once the deadline passes

I just think the trade deadline in general is going to be a bust. Maybe around 12-14 deals with most being of the smaller variety.

Reactions: Fat Elvis

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Toffoli for a 3rd/ conditional 2nd + B/C level prospect; AHL or junior overager

Hutton for a 5th

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
You don't trade Martinez for a 3rd rounder... You could get that next year when he is a UFA

UFA's get what you can get,

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I'm going to say three trades are made at the very least, with Toffoli, Martinez and Campbell being the top three trade candidates. Trevor Lewis possibly for a Nate Thompson like move.

Last year the Kings moved Carl Hagelin, Nate Thompson and Oscar Fantenberg before the deadline, and Muzzin was dealt in late January.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
I think Toffoli is the only guaranteed trade. He will fetch a 2nd and prospect or 2nd that becomes a 1st if he resigns or team reaches finals.

I don’t think teams will be interested in Lewis. Teams would be interested in Clifford who can fetch a 3rd. Blake should deal him and sign him in the summer to a two year deal.

We may get 4th or 5th round picks for Hutton and Ryan as depth D.

Don’t know if AMart will get dealt. If Blake not getting good offers, he can try dealing him in the summer.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
In a Shockeeeeeeerrrr...
Toffoli resigns on a 5 year/$25 mill contract
Forbort gets a 2 year/$4 mill contract
Clifford gets a 3 year/$1.5 mill contract

Hutton and Lewis get traded to Pitt for Alex G... who then gets flipped to Boston for their 2020 1st rounder + Backes
Martinez gets traded to the Avs for a 2020 2nd rounder + Jost

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
TT for either a late 1st from a high end contender or a 2nd and decent prospect. Could see conditionals on production and/or advancement in playoffs.
Martinez for 2 2nds or equivalent.

I think that's all. I could see someone throwing a late pick for Hutton, Lewis, or a 3rd Campbell for depth, but it'll be an afterthought if so.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Toffoli for a 1st and a cap dump (say a David Backes)
Hutton for a 4th
Campbell for a 3rd
Forbort for a defensive prospect
Prokhorkin for a forward prospect
Maybe a mid round pick for a cap dump and a higher pick or prospect

Keep Martinez and Clifford. Hard to see how Lewis has any value; maybe he retires as a King. Maybe Ryan gets traded for a late pick?

raswilliam

Feb 18, 2008
East TN.
Gotta think Toronto would have interest in Martinez. He has another year on his contract and half of Toronto D corps is UFA (barrie, Ceci, muzzin)

This draft has a really nice 2nd round. If we went into the draft with 3 2nd rounders (ours and 2 by trade) would be really nice. Anything more than a couple 2nd rounders at the TDL is icing on the cake for me.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
If they move, and I’m being very positive in returns.

Toffoli: 2020 2nd rd pick + 3rd rd pick OR 1st round pick in 2021 (B prospect also if a cap dump comes the other way).
AMart: 2020 2nd rd pick
Hutton: 2020 5th rd pick
Campbell: 2020 4th rd pick
Ryan: 5th rd pick
Forbort: 3rd rd pick, becomes 2nd rounder if resigned.
Lewis: 5th rd pick

Wildcards (Where only overpayment gets them)
Prohkorkin: 2nd round pick and solid B prospect
Iafallo: 1st round pick

Toffoli and AMart are the only solid bets and if we move 1 more it’s a solid TDL. More is probably unrealistic and would be outstanding in terms of stocking upon picks. I think a mass clear out in one go is probably potentially damaging to the prospects though as we’d only want to bring a couple of guys up to fill spots. Too many of them just are not ready.

I don’t think we are looking to move Prohkorkin or Iafallo but everyone has a price. Iafallo has hit form at the perfect time for someone to get interested so he’s the one that may surprise us at the death.

onlyalad

The bounce
Jan 13, 2008
I predict nothing major happens
Kings can’t get value for the old guys and want to keep the young guys.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Toffoli and Martinez I think are for sure gone. Guys like Lewis, Clifford, Campbell and Hutton are tougher to figure out. I think most teams can still see value in Lewis even if he's not what he used to be. Team will inquire on Clifford, but I think he only gets traded for massive overpayment. You can hope that Clifford get traded and he'll sign back with us in the summer, but that's pretty riky and I don't think the Kings will do that. Hutton you'll just take what you can get. I can't see anyone wanting Ryan and I suspect he'll get waived before the end of the season.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Kings would be crazy to trade Prohorkin right now, he's just starting to hit his stride and looks like 2-3 winger who plays a physical style.

ya but he made that one mistake last night in a meaningless game in a lost season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad