Kings Trade Deadline Prediction Thread

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
I dont think Forbort gets moved.. His injuries have probably killed any value he had.
Lewis maybe gets a 3rd from the Caps, I would see what Hutton can fetch...
I would normally totally agree, but D-men injuries have changed everything. I highly doubt J-bo will ever play again
If we get another d-man hurt before Monday, Forbort becomes valuable

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I would normally totally agree, but D-men injuries have changed everything. I highly doubt J-bo will ever play again
If we get another d-man hurt before Monday, Forbort becomes valuable
Not more valuable than Ben Hutton whose a minutes eater..

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Not more valuable than Ben Hutton whose a minutes eater..
Indeed but

DBcUtoo.png

HeadInjury

Jul 30, 2005
I think part of the reason for the Reign's recent streak is Brickley's return to the ice after a long injury in mid-January.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
I think Lewis is at best a 4th round return.
Forbort hasn't played enough this season. My guess is they hold onto him and resign him to a 2 yr 5mil.
Come July 1, nobody is holding onto UFA. So if they really want to sign him, they should think about it sooner than later. July 1 he gets to listen to other teams.

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
Austin Wagner puts on 5 pounds, works on his lateral skating and increases his shot percentage to maybe 7% next year he will be an excellent 4th line forward.

I think the biggest thing with his shot is he just goes to the net soooo fast he doesn't pick a good target.

Didn’t get to see the Kings much this season. Noticed Wagner has spent the bulk of the past two seasons with the Kings despite meager offensive numbers.

Is this an “is what it is” situation or is there more of an upside once he gains more experience?

RFA so I imagine he re-signs with the Kings.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Didn’t get to see the Kings much this season. Noticed Wagner has spent the bulk of the past two seasons with the Kings despite meager offensive numbers.

Is this an “is what it is” situation or is there more of an upside once he gains more experience?

Wagner's season in a nutshell:
Imagine him on a breakaway and shooting the puck in to the center of the crest of the goalie's jersey.
That's what happened about 50 times

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Wagner's season in a nutshell:
Imagine him on a breakaway and shooting the puck in to the center of the crest of the goalie's jersey.
That's what happened about 50 times

You forgot to add trying to clear the puck out of the defensive zone right up the middle of the ice instead of the boards and generating a dangerous scoring chance for the opposing team. That happened about 50 times as well.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

There's upside, but imo he was rushed into the NHL and isn't going to get great opportunities to develop more offensively.

He is arguably the fastest skater in the nhl and is a huge pain in the ass so he's a player, albeit one with puck stuff to learn. But he scored at a 15 goal pace his rookie year with mostly 4th line minutes so that's not nothing.

Reactions: Schmooley

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017

Wagner has good possession numbers, he does a great job of limiting chances against and has some of the best speed in the league. He is good for a breakaway a games, but he could not finish at all last season. He brings some feistiness and has good size that mixed with his speed makes him a great forechecker. He is kind of an ideal 4th line guy right now and I think he will be on the Kings for a while.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
4th line could be interesting with Wagner, Lizotte, Amadio, and Moore competing for spots next year....

It's going to be a really good fourth line when it's Wagner - Lizotte - Moore and Amadio isn't involved.

TruKingFan

Two-Time Cup Winner
Aug 16, 2004
Beachfront
It's going to be a really good fourth line when it's Wagner - Lizotte - Moore and Amadio isn't involved.

One of those 4 could be the rotating 13th forward. Just please don’t re-sign Trevor Lewis - just give him a job with the organ-eye-zation already.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad